Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TFS Developer Update - July 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

TFS Developer Update - July 2018

Hello,

I am posting here to introduce myself as your new Team Fusion Simulations public relations person for IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. Some of you know me from ACG and beta testing but for those that don't, I've been an aircraft nut my whole life. I'm married with a couple of teenage kids and live in East Yorkshire England, but I grew up in East Anglia, where my playgrounds included many old USAF airfield bases. As such I feel I have a bit of an affinity with the 8AF and the 100BG in particular. My eyesight was never good enough for the RAF so I learned to fly privately and studied engineering instead. I now work in the defence sector, having spent pretty much my entire career to date working on the many different variants of the Hawk jet. The last thing to probably add is that having been inspired by the 1969 "Battle of Britain" film and a few old b/w classics like "Angels One Five", I also like to make the odd video or two.

I would really like to start this update however by offering my sincere thanks to Mysticpuma for the sterling work he did in this role before me. Mystic worked very hard on behalf of the community and I'm sure will be missed by many. It would also be amiss of me not to offer gratitude and thanks to Spiritus Mortem, who temporarily stepped into the PR role whilst I've been getting up to speed on all of the things ongoing. This actually leads me into something that I think needs a mention - attention to detail. I am incredibly impressed at the focus the team puts into making sure things are as accurate as they can be. The team has built up a wealth of material and knowledge regarding everything from factory variants to weapon types, field modifications and performance data. When you set this against the limitations of the game engine and the necessity to understand some very complex code that is not supported by any design documentation, then it can perhaps give you an idea of why it takes a long time to develop and integrate.

In the information that follows, you will see that I talk about an "import" process. This is part of bringing any new object into the game engine. The import process involves integrating each of the level of detail (LOD) 3D models and cockpits into the game, and then ensuring that all of the internal and external animations operate correctly. The FM and DM then have to be integrated with the model before any testing can begin. In parallel to this is skin production, which in itself is a complex process because the template textures have to undergo detailed mapping to the 3D model before the artwork can actually begin.

To prepare a model for import it needs several things to be completed. In simple terms, the detailed model is created first and then many different versions are created off of it using a reduced number of polygons each time. This is LOD modelling (referred to above) and is necessary because the game engine will select which LOD model to use at distance. In addition, for each model, several different texture layers need to be added, e.g. for damage, transparency, rivets, finish (gloss/matt etc) and weathering. Hopefully this gives some explanation as to the amount of work required for just one object.

So anyway, now on with the information you really care about:

Team
    We have added a number of new coders in the last few months, they, along with the previous members of this department, are allowing us to double track the importing process, (two aircraft streams) allowing for a dedicated coder for the Map Team, as well as providing man hour effort which can be allocated to other areas in the code which need improvement or bugfixing.

Schedule
    A contentious issue for many but the truth is that since everybody is a volunteer working in their spare time, it is difficult to forecast release dates.

What can be said about the schedule, is that there is one (for v5.0) and that the project is on track. It is not a schedule in the traditional sense, e.g. a Gantt chart with logic links, but rather a list of activities each with a target completion date. I think the key message to take away is that work continues. In fact it has never stopped. Everybody in the team has a passion for the subject matter and wants to see the best release possible, e.g. v5.0 will happen. For me, the really exciting stuff is what is planned for v6.0. Although in all honesty, that will only happen if v5.0 is a commercial success.

Progress
    • Bugtracker work

A new team member has started some long overdue maintenance work. He has commenced a review all of the reported bugs with the objective of amalgamating where possible and making updates. I have highlighted some changes which I think need to be made to the Bugtracker in order for it to be less confusing. These are a long way down the priority list at this time though. In the meantime, please continue to use it as normal.

• Map

For some time now the team have been working with their own custom built editor which is quite limited and requires a lot of manual inputting and code work. Consequently map development has been slower than expected. On the positive side, there has been a breakthrough in getting the original Maddox Map Editor to build and development effort is focused on getting it into a stable condition. In short, if we can get the original editor to work, (which we are confident we will) then we will save a lot of time and people who don't have a lot of code experience will be able to do the complex map work.

• AI

A code study/analysis of the AI behaviour modelling has been undertaken with the aim of understanding what needs to be changed and how. This has focussed on offensive and defensive manoeuvres, the command system, detection and gunnery. It is considered that improvements can be made in all areas. Work continues but here is an extract of the report:

ANALYSIS

AI Gunners

Easiest thing to fix. Mostly isolated from the other things regarding AI so changes we make here
    will not affect anything else.

We can play with parameters until we find good balance between difficulty and fun.

AI Fighters shooting

Fighter planes don't shot effectively in dogfights. This is combination of two problems. First one is
    selection of correct aiming point. That one is easier to correct and it can be considered solved.
    Second part of the problem is getting the plane pointed at correct aiming point. With this one I'm
    not satisfied yet. In some situations and with some planes shooting is acceptable. Hit percentages
    are good and everything seems to be fine. But there are some annoying occurrences of visibly bad
    shooting.

Things like that are annoying for players because AI looks like complete idiot who can't do simple
    correction of the aim. This is related to the way AI controls the plane but this is tricky to do correct.
    When I increase effectiveness of the controls AI can't control the plane smoothly enough and it
    looks bad and often result with ground collisions in low level flights.

Defensive maneuvers in dogfight

Game is using same set of maneuvers as original Il2. This is something where we can make easy
    progress. More maneuvers and better selection of them will make things noticeably better. We don't
    have to make very big changes here at first but we can make some positive changes that will show
    players that we are going in the right direction.

Commands

This is complete mess. Just a couple commands work and half of them don't work as they are
    supposed to. Biggest problem is that in order for commands to work, actions they should perform
    should work. And they don't. So there is huge amount of work necessary before we can enable all of
    the commands that were supposed to be in the game.

AI enemy detection

This is one of the main reasons why commands don't work. Ai have very poor vision, especially
    lower AI levels. Rookies are practically blind and oblivious to the environment. This is not that hard
    to fix but I need to find right balance between AI ability and computation. As you know this game is
    not an epitome of efficiency as far as code is concern. So we have to be careful not to add anything
    that is not absolutely necessary.

Aircraft
    • Gladiator II Cockpit 3D work and import is complete. The Vokes filter (for use in desert conditions) has also been added to the External model.
    • CR-42 Cockpit 3D work is complete, cockpit import and animation is now underway. External model 3D work for bomb racks also complete.
    • Bf-109E-7/E-7NZ External and Cockpit 3D modelling is nearing completion. Drop tank modelling for the E-7 and F's is complete.
    • The Me109F 3D work is mostly complete and texturing work is now underway (covering F1, F2). Import of an Alpha F-1/F-2 with placeholder Cockpit & Textures is in-game. Ultimately it will have high resolution textures as per the Bf109E. The F-4 3D cockpit/external will take longer due to 3D cockpit differences and the 3D modelling of the underwing gunpods.
    • Wellington IA cockpit, turrets, and bombardier positions 3D work are now complete. Wellington IA/IC front and rear Turret 3D work is complete and imported in game. Wellington IA/IC Cockpit/bombardier positions are now awaiting commencement of the import process following completion of the CR-42 import. Note, the IA and IC had different bombsights so the bombardier positions are different. Wellington IC external model waist gunner positions 3D modelling are awaiting assignment although we are unlikely to expend effort modelling a mannable gunner position as players are unlikely to use it.
    • Hurricane IIA/IIB/IIC (and Trop versions) external 3D modelling is complete and is now being prepared for import. Cockpit 3D modelling requires some details. IID external 3D modelling is underway.
    • Spitfire IIB 'B' wing external 3D modelling is underway and should be completed within the month.
    • Spitfire V external 3D modelling for Trop version is in progress. Due to the differences in the wing there are a huge number of rivets and panel lines to move.
    • Dewoitine D.520 cockpit 3D modelling is almost complete. External model 3D work is nearing completion with the LOD modelling complete.
    • P-40C external 3D modelling is nearing completion. Cockpit underway.
    • P-40E external and cockpit 3D modelling is maturing nicely and not far off being completed.
    • Martlet III external and cockpit 3D modeling is mostly complete and the LOD's have recently been completed.

Fixes
    • Online Server 'Lobby' function has been fixed. The intention is to release this as an interim patch.
    • Spitfire DM (wing damage) bug fix will also be included in the above patch. There also will be tweaks to all aircraft DM's.

In terms of PR updates I will be aiming for one a month, even if it is just a few words. This will depend on whether there is much I can show or talk about though. There have been some technical break-throughs in certain areas but it wouldn't be right to set expectations when there are still problems to resolve in order to implement them fully.

I think that covers the things I can talk about for now. If you want to get in touch with me personally then do PM me in any of the forums I'm registered in. Feel free to say hello on Teamspeak as well. Most often you'll see me on the ACG Teamspeak on a Sunday evening (UK time from 7pm) or sometimes on a Thursday. I can't promise you I'll have answers to your questions but I can listen, record them and put them to the team to use in future updates.

Also, if you have the right skills and think you could help then please get in touch. Our prime need is for more people who can do the complex 3D work required to build aircraft, aircraft cockpits, vehicles and ships, using Blender or 3DMax. Those who are interested in building and populating maps are also welcome to submit applications... in this case, Photoshop, some coding knowledge, and a thorough familiarity with the Mission Builder would be the requirements. Those with lesser Blender/3DMax skills could look at creating buildings for the Map department.

Finally, here is a short video showcasing a little of the work that is ongoing.

I hope I can serve you well.

For and on behalf of Team Fusion Simulations,

Bonkin.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jul-06-2018 at 10:59.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Re: TFS Developer Update - July 2018

Thank you for the update Bonkin! Glad to see that you are part of the TF team. Hopefully they can take advantage of your superb video making skills in the future.

Glad to see what's being worked on, especially the code side of things such as the AI. That is what CloD really needs to be a commercial success I think so any progress in that area is progress in the right direction. Of course that 109F looks awesome as well.

3. Likes Gingerbread, ATAG_Ribbs, Bonkin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Thanks Bonkin! What a great and informative update! Love all the work being done and and gives us a better idea of where the Sim is at right now. Outstanding!
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

5. Likes ATAG_Flare, Gingerbread, Bonkin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Wonderful update..Just what I needed

7. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, Bonkin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Enjoyed reading the developer update and watching the video a lot.

9. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, Bonkin liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Thanks for a great update Bonkin, really informative and a good 'appetite wetter'.

I must echo what Flare has said with regard to joining TFS and the video making.

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

11. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, Bonkin liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Excellent work. You know, mechanics don't like engineers all that much.....unless they over-engineer the greatest game ever! Great update and it's nice to have you onboard to unload some of the other's backs.

We in the 69th would be exceedingly bummed not to have that extra belly gunner (Welli 1C), as we often have guys that only fire guns. We like a large party on the aircraft. Tactics wise we often have to fly low because we have no defense there, so then we never end up using our bombsights. We understand though that's a whole lot of work for a niche group. I also have a bomber crew (my boys) that will need to fill seats. I might volunteer to take on the modelling work for it (which I know is a small part of the work) if it helps make it happen! I have Fridays off now. I just have a few things to finish up this summer.

I really hope that a story can be made for it that draws people in. Not text, but maybe short clips and a narrator between SP missions. People love non-glitchy training tutorials, which I know require a lot of work. I loved the original IL2-46 tutorial, even though I had no interest whatsoever in the Sturmovik (the average joe won't care much for North Africa, if that makes sense). We were talking the other day, how the main game was "broke" years back when first released, but many like myself stopped using it without knowing any of the real gems inside (and the inordinate amount of work put in). I accidentally hopped in a Ju-87 the other day, and was blown away by the detail. Other titles have made North Africa interesting as well (SE3). The non-game side of it would take an enormous amount of work, but hope that works out too for the marketing side at least.

The Gladiator looks fantastic. A Stearman hammerheads just like that IRL. They will be the new Tiger Moth. Super-duper.

-Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Zeb View Post
    Excellent work. You know, mechanics don't like engineers all that much.....unless they over-engineer the greatest game ever! Great update and it's nice to have you onboard to unload some of the other's backs.

We in the 69th would be exceedingly bummed not to have that extra belly gunner (Welli 1C), as we often have guys that only fire guns. We like a large party on the aircraft. Tactics wise we often have to fly low because we have no defense there, so then we never end up using our bombsights. We understand though that's a whole lot of work for a niche group. I also have a bomber crew (my boys) that will need to fill seats. I might volunteer to take on the modelling work for it (which I know is a small part of the work) if it helps make it happen! I have Fridays off now. I just have a few things to finish up this summer.

I really hope that a story can be made for it that draws people in. Not text, but maybe short clips and a narrator between SP missions. People love non-glitchy training tutorials, which I know require a lot of work. I loved the original IL2-46 tutorial, even though I had no interest whatsoever in the Sturmovik (the average joe won't care much for North Africa, if that makes sense). We were talking the other day, how the main game was "broke" years back when first released, but many like myself stopped using it without knowing any of the real gems inside (and the inordinate amount of work put in). I accidentally hopped in a Ju-87 the other day, and was blown away by the detail. Other titles have made North Africa interesting as well (SE3). The non-game side of it would take an enormous amount of work, but hope that works out too for the marketing side at least.

The Gladiator looks fantastic. A Stearman hammerheads just like that IRL. They will be the new Tiger Moth. Super-duper.

-Z
    We will not be including the retractable dorsal turret which was initially mounted on the Wellington IA... by the time of the period covered by the game, this had been generally removed. It was found the turret slowed the aircraft considerably... to the point the already slow Wellington was crippled speedwise. We do expect to add the waist gunner positions for the Wellington IC, but these will not be mannable by players... they will not be of much use defensively, and the amount of modeling time required to give the players the use of them is disproportionate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Fantastic work, TFS! And so good to have you 'on board,' Bonkin! Your enthusiasm for the project and work literally shines through! Can't wait for the Gladiator and the little P40...and that 109F sounds incredible!

Huge congrats to all involved! Salute!

15. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, danperin, IIJG27Rich, Bonkin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Top update...!

Well done Bonkin...

Great to see you involved in this project...Your enthusiasm and ability are second to none on this...You are definitely the man for the job...

Thanks MP for your work previously too...and SM...and of course The TFS who we could never thank enough...~S~

Top Bananas on the first post...informative, to the point and well put together...A+

Good luck with the new position Bonk!

And don't lose sleep, have fun with it!

...Lew...
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Lewis View Post
    Top update...!

Well done Bonkin...

Great to see you involved in this project...Your enthusiasm and ability are second to none on this...You are definitely the man for the job...

Thanks MP for your work previously too...and SM...and of course The TFS who we could never thank enough...~S~

Top Bananas on the first post...informative, to the point and well put together...A+

Good luck with the new position Bonk!

And don't lose sleep, have fun with it!

...Lew...
    Wot he said!

Fantastic update; something for everyone and more!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Good work Bonkin.

Top show.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

19. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, danperin, Bonkin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Zeb View Post
    You know, mechanics don't like engineers all that much....
    -Z
    Works both ways.... it's why i do all my own mechanics...

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

21. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, ATAG_yotheguy, 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Works both ways.... it's why i do all my own mechanics...

Do you cuss yourself out Everytime you walk by a mirror?
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    We will not be including the retractable dorsal turret which was initially mounted on the Wellington IA... by the time of the period covered by the game, this had been generally removed. It was found the turret slowed the aircraft considerably... to the point the already slow Wellington was crippled speedwise. We do expect to add the waist gunner positions for the Wellington IC, but these will not be mannable by players... they will not be of much use defensively, and the amount of modeling time required to give the players the use of them is disproportionate.
    Sounds good Buzz and thanks for the info that makes good sense. Sometimes we don't know what we want.

@Highseas: Yeah, though the two aerospace engineers I own a neener-neener with are actually better riveters than I! Hope they aren't reading this.

24. Likes Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Thanks very much for your intro and this update Bonkin.

Sounds like things are moving along well and the challenges are being overcome by the dedicated TF crew.

Exciting stuff with lots to look forward to!

"If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

26. Likes Bonkin, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    Do you cuss yourself out Everytime you walk by a mirror?
    Are you a mechanic or.something? Its just you sound like one is all.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

28. Likes 69th_Zeb, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Hi there Bonkin, and thanks for the introduction and the update.

Like you I grew up in East Anglia and still live in Norfolk now.

I was brought up close to the former RAF base at Coltishall, and can remember watching the English Electric Lightnings flying over my house and also the Spits and Hurricanes of the BBMF which were based there during my early childhood.

The BBMF and the Lightnings left at about the same time in the early 1970's to be replaced by Jaguars, and as a teenager I would cycle down to a good vantage point in the school holidays to watch them taking off and landing.

As for the TFS update, it's great to see what is happening behind the scenes.

Exciting times ahead for Cliffs of Dover

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

30. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Bonkin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    379.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkin View Post

I feel I have a bit of an affinity with the 8AF and the 100BG in particular.

Bonkin.
    As do I. I am a late bloomer as far as my interest in planes goes, and it all goes back to my time in the auction industry when I was fortunate enough to work on the estate of Robert M. Wells,a member of the 100th and 95th bomber groups. As the photographer, I was able to have a good bit of quality time with all that he kept from the war, from his bomber jacket and navigational tools to his scrapbooks and photo albums (including one filled with a photo of every drop he called as the bombardier). He had a collection of books from after the war that he had notated, with details of his missions and time in the service. Seeing a glimpse of what he and he comrades experienced in such a personal way made a big impact on me, and that is the whole reason I picked up Cliffs in the first place-- to get an idea of what it takes to fly on such a mission and come home alive. I still feel very grateful for that experience, and I only regret that I was unable to know him in life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Thanks for the update Bonkin.

I believe TFS has made an inspired choice bringing yourself and your skillset into this position. Great for the ACG guys as a whole too.

Nice it of info there too Carl. Thanks for sharing.

Love the Gladiator clip. I shall be spending much time in that aircraft when it comes out. Pat Pattle spent a lot of time in the Gladiator in Africa in 1940, so I best show the flag!

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

This all sounds not too far off actually

varrattu

Thanks, Bonkin.

Hopefully next time there will be information about your (TF) efforts fixing Ju88A-1 aircraft systems an controls. Even if it is just a few words. Or may I expect the aircraft as it is in v5.0, with all known system an control bugs?

~V~

35. Likes Rostic, Bonkin liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    191.26 MB

Hi, Bonkin

I really appreciate there is any news about the Team progress.

You are doing a superb work.

I usually fly offline, so the IA behaviour andd commands are very important for me. It´s good to know someything is being done to fix it.

I have a question that you have not talked about: The Virtual Reality implementation.
    ¿Could you tell us somethin about it?
    See, I started flight when I was 17, delta glider, and I started with 18 to use the primitive Flight simulators from the old era:
    The firts breakthrough for me was the use of coloured monitors instead the green phosphor (The Secrets Weapons of the Luftwaffe)...
    A few years later I became a sailplane glider pilot, at last you could f¡nd any decent joysticks (What to say about the Microsoft Sidewinder Forcefeedback?), decent rudder pedals...

But then came to the Flight simulation world the second breackthrough: The TrackIR device.
    For me, like many others, There was a quality jump. I couldn´t fly without it anymore.

An the third breakthrough is the Virtual Reality Helmets, (thank you so much, Palmer Luckie): I use now a Oculus Rift helmet. And I cant´t go back. It´s like when I started using the TrackIR.
    When you fly with a VR device, it´s like fly inside the real cockpit. When you return to a "flat" screen, even whit the Trackir, everything seems "flat".

I used tio fly almost every day in this sim. It is rhe best IIW flight sim in almost every way, but since I fly with the Oculus I spent less time in it, because I feel it "flat".

So I have to fly in DCS or IL2 BOS. They are good sims, but not as good as IL2 Blitz. I really miss the accuracy of the flight mode, or the damage model of this sim. They are the best.

Please, continue with your excellent work, and please, say something about the Virtual Reality implementation in this sim.
    Last edited by pckormic; Jul-07-2018 at 06:42.

37. Likes Bonkin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Great to meet you Bonkin .

Congrats on your appointment at PR for TFS , many thanks to the previous guys .

All looks exciting and I'm looking forward to trying all the new variants like the Gladiator and P40.

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

39. Likes Bonkin liked this post
    The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

@V, are these bugs reported in the Bugtracker?

@pckormic, VR will be something we implement after 5.0. We decided not to delay 5.0 for it because it will take a coder or two just focused on that to get it finished, and we are a small group of people already. Once 5.0 is finished, then yes VR is very important.

Also, it isn't just a matter of getting it to work, a TON of work will need to be done in the 3d department because some of the original models have 2d parts with excellent texture to work to mimic the look of 3d.

So, VR is something we know people want and would be a great addition, but don't expect it for 5.0.

41. Likes 69th_Zeb, gonk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    598.45 MB

Top Billing!

Thanks so so much for this injection of Adrenaline.

All the best for the work ahead.

Looking forward to updates!

43. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, Bonkin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Only a minor proposal but do you have the option to upload your upcoming videos in 2K/4K resolution?

varrattu

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post

@V, are these bugs reported in the Bugtracker?
    Are you joking?

1049 - Bomb drop bugs in He 111 and Ju 88
    1030 - Ju 88 A-1: automatic propeller pitch control does not function
    739 - Ju 88, He 111 and Bf 110: heading indicator and repeater compass are not linked
    737 - Ju 88 A-1: bugged rotating track for airplane machine gun
    722 - "Ju 88 A-1: ""Kursgeberrose"" and ""Kursrose"" of the ""Kurszeiger"" are erroneous reversed"
    712 - Ju 88 A-1: R22 Pitch Historically Not Available
    711 - Ju 88 A-1: Missing Prop Feathering (Segelstellung)
    710 - Ju 88 A-1: Adjustable Propeller Switches implemented incorrectly
    709 - Ju 88 A-1: Dive Break Indicator
    691 - Ju 88 A-1: missing Bosch horn warning sound
    674 - Ju 88: Landing Lights
    673 - Ju 88: Navigational Lights
    633 - Ju 88: Fuel Cocks 1 & 2 not working correctly (in SP)
    630 - Ju 88: brakes have to be stronger
    564 - Ju 88: LotFe, Autopilot nodding in mode 22

~V~

46. Likes HenryLuebberstedt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by varrattu View Post
    Are you joking?

739 - Ju 88, He 111 and Bf 110: heading indicator and repeater compass are not linked
    722 - "Ju 88 A-1: ""Kursgeberrose"" and ""Kursrose"" of the ""Kurszeiger"" are erroneous reversed"

~V~
    You forgot the wrong working flap states lol

48. Likes 1lokos liked this post
    The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by varrattu View Post
    Are you joking?

~V~
    No, I wanted the numbers and figured you knew them right away. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast