Welcome

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Re: Hi

Quote Originally Posted by noisewing View Post
    Hi,I am new here as well. enjoying all the content
    Hi Noisewing.....great to have you with us and glad you like the content on the Forum. There is lots more coming our way since, as you probably know, the maestros at Team Fusion are currently working on many new improvements to the sim. These include: the implementation of VR, TruSky, and new improved terrain and 4k cockpits. Christmas is a-coming soon!

In the meantime, enjoy the sim and if you need any help or have questions to ask please post here or in the relevent thread and somebody will be along to answer your questions pronto. There are many skilled piloits here and there are always answers supplied. Don't forget to Check out the GUI 'Getting Started' which is to be found in the menu when you fire up the sim. Please also take a look at the new Pilot's manuals in the same menu. They will save you masses of time! There is one for every aircraft featured in the sim and even in most languages.

You may wish to join us in multiplayer and if that is the case, let me assure you of a very warm welcome. Just download Team Speak or Discord and jump on line. There is a wide choice of servers, all offering slightly different experiences but there is sure to be one to 'scratch your 'aviational' itch.' We can even provide you with a 'quick start,' on line tour of the servers and battle areas. This will team you up with an ATAG pilot who will get you into the air quickly and give you a 'head start' on your chosen aircraft. If you would like a quick tour don't hesitate to let us know below.

Good luck with training and I hope to 'wing up' with you in the Cliffs skies very soon. Salute!

5. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.54 MB

New and having trouble launching the game on a windows 11 AMD build. tried everything Ive come across on the steam discussion but no dice. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Smith View Post
    New and having trouble launching the game on a windows 11 AMD build. tried everything Ive come across on the steam discussion but no dice. Any ideas?
    How exactly are you trying to launch ?

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Hi Sam,

welcome here.

It would help if you describe your problem little bit more. What happens when you try to start the game?

Have you tried to read the Getting Started And Troubleshooting Guide?
    You can find it in a folder called manuals which should be inside your Cliffs of Dover Blitz installation folder.

Josef

9. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Josef View Post
    Hi Sam,

welcome here.

It would help if you describe your problem little bit more. What happens when you try to start the game?

Have you tried to read the Getting Started And Troubleshooting Guide?
    You can find it in a folder called manuals which should be inside your Cliffs of Dover Blitz installation folder.

Josef
    or here
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...play.php?f=472

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.54 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Apologies for the lack of information I wasnt prepared for so much assistance
    Thanks all.
    So I purchased from the iL-2 site and installed through steam.
    Launched through steam.
    I get the splash page with IL2 cliffs of dover blitz and tobruk text on a black backround.
    It then closes with no message.

I have been over the following options with no winner yet....

- Anti-Virus deleting parts of the install... disable or turn off completely AV prior to install. Install game as Admin.
    - Anti-Virus blocking launcher64.exe... put exceptions for launcher into Windows Defender and/or any other AV program you are running.
    - Latest version of Microsoft Net Framework not installed... Install
    - If you are running a super wide screen monitor, maximum refresh rate should be 60 hz.
    - Win10 Controlled Folder Access is turned on. It blocks Launcher. Turn it off or add exception for CoD BLITZ.
    - Steering Wheels: Logitech G27 MoMo, etc. Unplug the wheel, or unplug, then start the game, plug in the wheel immediately after game launch.
    - Steam Overlay running: Turn it off.
    - MSI Afterburner if running prior to game launch will sometimes cause crashes... can be started after launch.
    - Check to see what 3rd party programs you are running.... turn them off... game has issues with 3rd Party, especially 32 bit programs.
    - Multi Screen management programs. Any program which manages multiple screens can cause a crash... turn off.
    - MS Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable not installed on laptop... install.
    - Gaijin.net from War Thunder. If installed, causes crashes. If you got War Thunder outside of Steam this is installed. If you installed WT through Steam, it is not.
    - Windows kb4054518 update not installed. Negative, this will change the colour scheme of game... but usually will reset back to normal after exiting the game.

Can i find a crash log of some sort to see what could be causing the issue?
    Thanks all for your assistance.
    Last edited by Sam Smith; Jul-11-2022 at 04:54.

12. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Sam,

just a few more things you can try.

Check the integrity of your CloD installation.
    If some files get corrupted, Steam can check and repair that.

CloD has logs. Two levels as far as I know.

The first one is called log.txt (by default, its name can be changed). This file should be in the CloD folder in your Documents folder - Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover in my case.
    I'm not sure if this log is enabled by default. If you can't find this log.txt, open your conf.ini in the same folder and look for the following section:

[Console]
    IP=20001
    UseStartLog=1
    WRAP=1
    PAUSE=1
    HISTORY=1024
    HISTORYCMD=1024
    PAGE=20
    LOG=1
    LOGTIME=1
    LOAD=console.cmd
    SAVE=console.cmd
    LOGFILE=log.txt
    LOGKEEP=1

If I remember right, LOG=1 turns this log on, LOG=0 turns it off.

Another log level is in a folder called cppcrash. There may be files like 5028_11_01_22__00_25_13_7776_718.dmp or with similar names inside this folder.
    These logs require help from the developers though. They are binary files, not readable and understandable directly.
    But you can try to check what happens when you start the game. If a new log appears in this cppcrash folder after each attempt to launch the game with a corresponding date and time, I think the game knows there is something wrong and writes some data to these logs. When these logs are analyzed by the developers, there is a chance they will be able to find out what's causing the problem.
    The names of these logs may look mysterious but I guess 5028 is a game version (5.028), 11_01_22 and 00_25_13 are date and time when the log was created (January 11th 2022 00:25:13). You can check if the log name corresponds with the time of your game launch attempt.

What CPU and graphics card do you have?
    How much memory?
    Do you experience problems with CloD only or with other games or programs as well?

I'm sorry but I have neither Win 11 nor AMD processor so I can't share any personal experience or give you some specific hints here.
    I'm afraid most people still use Win 10.
    Hopefully, some Win 11 user will be able to help you more.

Josef

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.54 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Josef View Post
    Sam,

just a few more things you can try.

Check the integrity of your CloD installation.
    If some files get corrupted, Steam can check and repair that.

CloD has logs. Two levels as far as I know.

The first one is called log.txt (by default, its name can be changed). This file should be in the CloD folder in your Documents folder - Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover in my case.
    I'm not sure if this log is enabled by default. If you can't find this log.txt, open your conf.ini in the same folder and look for the following section:

[Console]
    IP=20001
    UseStartLog=1
    WRAP=1
    PAUSE=1
    HISTORY=1024
    HISTORYCMD=1024
    PAGE=20
    LOG=1
    LOGTIME=1
    LOAD=console.cmd
    SAVE=console.cmd
    LOGFILE=log.txt
    LOGKEEP=1

If I remember right, LOG=1 turns this log on, LOG=0 turns it off.

Another log level is in a folder called cppcrash. There may be files like 5028_11_01_22__00_25_13_7776_718.dmp or with similar names inside this folder.
    These logs require help from the developers though. They are binary files, not readable and understandable directly.
    But you can try to check what happens when you start the game. If a new log appears in this cppcrash folder after each attempt to launch the game with a corresponding date and time, I think the game knows there is something wrong and writes some data to these logs. When these logs are analyzed by the developers, there is a chance they will be able to find out what's causing the problem.
    The names of these logs may look mysterious but I guess 5028 is a game version (5.028), 11_01_22 and 00_25_13 are date and time when the log was created (January 11th 2022 00:25:13). You can check if the log name corresponds with the time of your game launch attempt.

What CPU and graphics card do you have?
    How much memory?
    Do you experience problems with CloD only or with other games or programs as well?

I'm sorry but I have neither Win 11 nor AMD processor so I can't share any personal experience or give you some specific hints here.
    I'm afraid most people still use Win 10.
    Hopefully, some Win 11 user will be able to help you more.

Josef
    I have ryzen 5 5600x
    ati 6800xt
    32 gig memory

I have never run this game. Only Il-2 (latest version) its all running fine no issues.

Ive modded the config file as you posted above but it doenst log anything as the game is unable to really start i guess?
    I also dont get any of the other log folder cppcrash.

Maybe in the upcomming mod update being put out this may be sorted?

Really appreciate the time you guys have put in with assistance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

This is a wild shot, but it is not going to hurt anything. What resolution are you running on your system? It may be having a problem with the default res of the game vs what your system wants. I do not know what the default res is for Cliffs, but you can change it to match your system by going into the confi.ini file located here.. C:\Users\Your Name \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover. Look for the Width, Height and Frequency numbers. Below are my settings, I run Windows 10. Good luck, we are all pulling for you.

[window]
    DepthBits =24
    StencilBits=8
    DrawIfNotFocused=0
    SaveAspect=0
    Render=D3D11
    width=2560
    height=1440
    posLeft=0
    posTop=0
    ColourBits=32
    FullScreen=1
    ChangeScreenRes=1
    Frequency=60
    StereoMode=0

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

16. Likes Sam Smith, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forum!

Your system should smoke Blitz, as I’m sure you’re aware. Take a look at my system in my signature - your 6800xt should run rings around my 3060. I’ve been running the Visual Update Beta in 4K/2D -all ingame video settings max’d- on my 55” LED TV and it is stunning with frame rates at 60+ even low to the ground.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/th...ics-card-deals

C7DCD661-DCD2-4A21-8463-BCE56B6C00B5.jpg

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Snapper

I have ryzen 5 5600x
    ati 6800xt
    32 gig memory

I have never run this game. Only Il-2 (latest version) its all running fine no issues.

Ive modded the config file as you posted above but it doenst log anything as the game is unable to really start i guess?
    I also dont get any of the other log folder cppcrash.

Maybe in the upcomming mod update being put out this may be sorted?

Really appreciate the time you guys have put in with assistance.
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Jul-12-2022 at 17:27.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

18. Likes Sam Smith liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.54 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    This is a wild shot, but it is not going to hurt anything. What resolution are you running on your system? It may be having a problem with the default res of the game vs what your system wants. I do not know what the default res is for Cliffs, but you can change it to match your system by going into the confi.ini file located here.. C:\Users\Your Name \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover. Look for the Width, Height and Frequency numbers. Below are my settings, I run Windows 10. Good luck, we are all pulling for you.

[window]
    DepthBits =24
    StencilBits=8
    DrawIfNotFocused=0
    SaveAspect=0
    Render=D3D11
    width=2560
    height=1440
    posLeft=0
    posTop=0
    ColourBits=32
    FullScreen=1
    ChangeScreenRes=1
    Frequency=60
    StereoMode=0
    I was really thinking this could be it. I felt it wasnt able to begin the configuration as my config had very few entries in the window section.
    I have a triple screen setup for sim racing so i have unplugged the two outer monitors and set my middle monitor to the correct 2560x 1440, 60hz.
    Sadly it still does the same thing. Splash screen then close.
    Still not logging any errors in the log file too.
    Ive disconnected all usb devices other than the keyboard and mouse but still nothing.
    Is there a beta with some of the updates that have been already implemented posted somewhere or is that still in house at the moment?
    Really havent had any issues with any other software in the past like this.
    Im sure it will be a simple thing but ill keep trying in the meantime.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.54 MB

On a positive note. I can change the resolution in the config file and get a different resolution on the splash screen.
    Set to 800 x 600 and its larger text.
    So it is doing something.
    Just crashing after that

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Lightbulb Re: Hi

Your install path shows
    "Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz"

Try installing Steam to C:\Steam instead of C:\Program Files (x86).

Good Luck!

Dauntlas

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

On a positive note. I can change the resolution in the config file and get a different resolution on the splash screen.
    Set to 800 x 600 and its larger text.
    So it is doing something.
    Just crashing after that
    Hi Sam,

if the resolution is changed according to your config changes, that means the game is working until some point where it crashes or becomes unresponsive.

If I understand right, you start the game, the "Cliffs of Dover - Blitz" and "Desert Wings - Tobruk" titles appear on your screen, then they disappear and you're back in Windows desktop. And there is no error message at all. Nothing like "this program crashed or had to be terminated, you can report this to Microsoft".
    Can you check in Windows Task Manager if Launcher64 is still running or not after this happens?

Perhaps you could create a new thread and try to ask there again. This thread if for new people to introduce themselves.
    You may need help from the developers. I don't know if they watch it here. I guess they don't. You would get a response from Buzzsaw who usually reacts to troubleshooting requests.
    A new thread in a different forum section could attract more attention. From the developers or from another Windows 11 user who could help you.

That's what I would try. I think more and more people will use Windows 11 as time goes so the developers should be interested. If it is really a Windows 11 related problem, others can experience it soon too.

Good luck.

Josef

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Please try changing "FullScreen=1" to 0 and see what happens.

24. Likes RAF74_Buzzsaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello Sam

Please read the below thread on the IL-2 forums, follow the directions and post here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...u-are-running/

I was really thinking this could be it. I felt it wasnt able to begin the configuration as my config had very few entries in the window section.
    I have a triple screen setup for sim racing so i have unplugged the two outer monitors and set my middle monitor to the correct 2560x 1440, 60hz.
    Sadly it still does the same thing. Splash screen then close.
    Still not logging any errors in the log file too.
    Ive disconnected all usb devices other than the keyboard and mouse but still nothing.
    Is there a beta with some of the updates that have been already implemented posted somewhere or is that still in house at the moment?
    Really havent had any issues with any other software in the past like this.
    Im sure it will be a simple thing but ill keep trying in the meantime.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    11.76 MB

Hello. I came here to say hello and download some files!

27. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Pattle, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Voi......download away! Good to have you here. If you have any problems please post about them on this Forum and you will receive lots of advice.

Enjoy and we hope to 'wing up' with you very soon. Salute!

29. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Pattle, Dauntless liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.85 MB

hi

31. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TCW_Welsh78 View Post
    hi
    Welcome, Welsh. Feel free to explore the forum and ask any question you wish. We're all here to help!

Cheers,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

33. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    413.5 KB

Hello,

I´m also new here. Finally got around to purchase TrackIR gear so now I look forward to some more immersive flying in the desert. Now...over to try to download some files....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Welcome, kbt172!

36. Likes ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Snapper, Dauntless liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    89.12 MB

Hello im new here too

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Harzpilot View Post
    Hello im new here too
    Welcome
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

39. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Hello im new here too
    Welcome to you and all the new players.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

41. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Hello im new here too :)
    Welcome, too, then!
    :-))

43. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.02 MB

Hello from Oshkosh Wisconsin.... Home for the annual EAA Airshow... I love the history of WWII aircraft and the many fine pilots and their stories.

Scott

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.15 MB

New here as well. You have a great group of people!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast