Thread: How to Free Flight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

How to Free Flight?

Hi guys, I´m Chris and new here.

I´ve been trying to free fly the Clod Blitz but....don´t know how!!

There is only the preset missions, campaign and training.

But how can I choose my plane, place it on a self-chosen airstrip and fly around to just enjoy flying and see the landscape?
    Do I really have to use the mission editor. It is quite an intimidating thing to use...

Thank you, guys.

Chris

2. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Re: How to Free Flight?

Hi Chris......a big warm welcome to the ATAG Forum and Servers! Great to have you here!

It's a long time since I flew single player. I did so for two whole years before giving in to the huge temptation to try multiplayer. If I remember correctly you should be able to go into 'Single Player' on the Title page. (Multiplayer lies just beneath it) That should give you the option to take off but I rememeber there being a lot of air spawns. There is also the option for Campaigns and they are great fun. I flew both of these Campaigns as a way of 'training' before going multiplayer. I think in the campaigns you start off in the cockpit with the engine running and CEM (Complex Engine Management) is automatically turned off. The Campaigns are a great way of starting out and great fun at the same time.

Or you could go online, select 'Multiplayer' and 'Search a Server' and join any of the servers offered there. Lead farm is a brilliant way to learn engine management and gunnery. You will occasionally come across other players who will either be able to help or shoot you down. But Lead Farm is a great way to learn basic dog fighting skills, too. Whilst learning be prepared to get shot down dozens of times. Cliffs is a very steep learning curve and most youngsters don't stick with it for that reason. But if you are mad about WWII aviation and the Battle of Britain in particular you've come to the right place. I would recommend you down load Team Speak (it's free). This is a programm that allows us all to talk to each other and cooperate in sorties. It's amazingly effective and fantastic for immersion. You don't have to talk if you don't want to. Plenty of people just listen and find out how multiplayer works.

Also, we have a thriving aviation community of like minded aviation buffs here who are desperate to help new pilots like yourself find your feet. I'm still here because several pilots took me undwer their wings and showed me the ropes two years ago. If I can help in any way please send me a PM on this Forum or ask questions here ( or better still introduce yourself in the 'Welcome' section and see what comes back to you!!!) ....you will get answers fast. I'd be happy to 'wing up' with you and give you a guided tour of S.East England and Kent. Just tip me the wink! Cheers.....good luck and salute!

4. Likes DRock, ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

You are correct in that to have the option to select any aircraft and airfield you'd need to use the full mission editor. It's unfortunate but actually not that complex. Truth is there's only one way to properly learn this stuff, and that's to do it.

However there is 1 ground start mission already - A cross country flight in the Blenheim. You can swap the Blenheim for another aircraft and practice take off /landing and some sight seeing in between. Stonehenge is pretty close by !

Saying that any stock mission you can change the flyable aircraft and amount of them before you start it. Then you can land, shut down, start up and take off again. Plus if/when you crash you can easily jump into the cockpit of one of the other aircraft (if you opt for more than 1).

If I was home currently I'd be happy to meet you online and show you around a bit, but I'm away for another month. There's plenty of people far more knowledgeable and friendly than I am in the meantime.

Daz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Hello ATAG_marlow and dazza,

thank you for the warm welcome! Glad to be here.
    And also great to see this forum in such an active state. Quick replies and so on...

Yes, I´ve found this single ground start mission with the Blenheim, but I couldn´t manage to change the A/C.
    When I get back home tonight I will try to find out if that problem lies in the selection of the "change aircraft" or something like that I don´t
    remember what they called it but I think it was under the realism settings.

Useful tips regarding multiplayer either.

I will start to warm up with the program a little as time permits and see how far I can get with the given hints.

I am so glad that I finally can play this Simulator, i was looking at it and at this forum since around 2015 or so now but could not afford the machine to run it on.
    Also I will have to get a HOTAS system since playing with Joystick only is a bit retarded.

Cheers,
    Chris.

7. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Hi Mattwurst (great name by the way),

personally I think that finding out about how to start Single Missions and Campaingns (in the way you want them) in CloD is much harder than actually flying the crates

This is why I somehow transformed from 'Single Player Only' in old Il2 1946 to 'Multiplayer Only' in CloD.
    There is nothing better than meeting up with the guys on teamspeak and have them to show you around.
    Learning is much faster and its way more fun.

S!

DerDa

9. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.39 GB

From the Single Mission files on this site you can download Target Range - France, which let's you do a ground start from an airfield in France with any aircraft from either side. It starts with engines off so you get to practice start-ups, and has some near by targets you can attack including a circling aircraft. If you use markings on when selecting an aircraft it will show German markings even on British aircraft. You can turn markings off and use a custom skin with British markings if you want. Also, you can't choose the starting airfield.