Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post Scriptum - Interested Players

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Re: Post Scriptum - Interested Players

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Sturm View Post
    Not convinced I think this is a fun game. Prefer Squad to be honest.
    I have never played Squad. The modern day setting was never to my liking and I only know of Squad because of Post Scriptums connection to it.

It is all down to personal choice. As they say "You pays your money, you takes your choice".

o7
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

Dibbs on the Medic slot, I can't shoot for toffee but I fancy poking my finger into bloody holes and asking if it hurts.

Hmmm.... Maybe I should rephrase that sentance. I would be happy to run headlong into enemy fire with gay abandon dispensing pain relief wherever I go and patching wounds.

Not sure I have anything in my medkit for Seas dodgy digestive tract but I'll dish the Rennie and give it a go.

3. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dai-San View Post
    Dibbs on the Medic slot, I can't shoot for toffee but I fancy poking my finger into bloody holes and asking if it hurts.

Hmmm.... Maybe I should rephrase that sentance. I would be happy to run headlong into enemy fire with gay abandon dispensing pain relief wherever I go and patching wounds.

Not sure I have anything in my medkit for Seas dodgy digestive tract but I'll dish the Rennie and give it a go.
    Hi Rimmm..., sorry Dai-San!

That's great. I haven't played the Medic role yet but from the game play I have experienced it is vital to have one in the section, preferably two. It makes things flow much better if, when wounded, you get revived by a Medic rather than have to give up and respawn.

I don't think fingers in holes is modeled in game!?####

However, you can stick a bloody great syringe in someones a**e.

o7

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

5. Likes ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

I'd be down to play! My clock is running on US East (UTC -5:00).

Bought the game over the weekend and gave it a go. It's my very first shooter game - I thought I'd try it out because of the realism (the importance of team play and communication). Really enjoying the tactical aspect of the game, though I'm still learning how to stay under cover and point and shoot at the enemy when I see them (I usually get killed without ever seeing my killer). Got 2 kills over the entire weekend but died about 50 times. Haha.

So far, I've been enjoying the Medic role and am toying around with the Light Mortar role as well.
    System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro
    Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

7. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    I have never played Squad. The modern day setting was never to my liking and I only know of Squad because of Post Scriptums connection to it.

It is all down to personal choice. As they say "You pays your money, you takes your choice".

o7
    I'll give it a chance, perhaps it's that the meta hasn't been fully established. Though I think something needs to change about the attack/defend as it's normally pretty inevitable to lose as defenders unless the attacking team are totally incompetent; everything has to work in their favour, luck etc otherwise attack roll the map pretty easily. Maybe needs a chance for defenders to retake an objective so the attackers can't immediately bum rush the next objective carefree.

9. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I'd be down to play! My clock is running on US East (UTC -5:00).

Bought the game over the weekend and gave it a go. It's my very first shooter game - I thought I'd try it out because of the realism (the importance of team play and communication). Really enjoying the tactical aspect of the game, though I'm still learning how to stay under cover and point and shoot at the enemy when I see them (I usually get killed without ever seeing my killer). Got 2 kills over the entire weekend but died about 50 times. Haha.

So far, I've been enjoying the Medic role and am toying around with the Light Mortar role as well.
    Nice another person in NA! So far 3 i think You Zeb and I. I think Ruff is thinking about it..maybe Freya eventually. I think DRock would enjoy it also.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

INTEL I5 4670 /16 MB DDR3/ MSI Z97 PCMATE MB
    MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64
    MS Sidewinder 2 precision pro Saitek x52 throttle quadrant

By ATAG_Lewis

11. Likes ATAG_Vampire, SharkBait liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

I have been in several time Mainly just attempting to user stand all the aspects of it as there are really not much in tutorials. I did attempt to connect to out "Team Speak" channel and saw that it has a password which I don't have. I will con tin to go ib from time to time to continue familiarization.

im in Arizona son on Pacific time

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

13. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Managed to get on quite a bit yesterday. Good fun but i have a lot to learn.

Went on a sparsely populated server last night to try and get Vortex up and running and we were joined by Sturm.

At one point I caught nearly a full enemy section across a field with my Bren gun. Getting some kills but dying a lot.

We should be able to work out how we can all get on together both EU and USA/Canada. It happens for events in CloD. Weekends are no doubt better everyone?

o7

15. Likes ATAG_Vortex, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Nice Knucks! That channel shouldn't be passworded I'll check it out. Not sure why it's so far down the list either. I created it up towards the top so people would notice it and jump in.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    Nice another person in NA! So far 3 i think You Zeb and I. I think Ruff is thinking about it..maybe Freya eventually. I think DRock would enjoy it also.
    Sounds like it could be a great crew! I'm excited to play with you guys as I know being in a section with people who are willing to cooperate and think tactically makes the experience much more enjoyable.
    System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro
    Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

18. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Ribbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Is there a specific server your using or meeting on TS and going from there?
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

20. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    Is there a specific server your using or meeting on TS and going from there?
    Think it's easiest to meet on TS then use the in-game comms once you all get on server. Stay on TS as if anyone has problems they can still chat to the other guys playing.

22. Likes SIA_Sp00k, ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Vortex liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hello everyone!

I have gone through this thread and those who have expressed an interest in forming a Post Scriptum Section(s) are listed below:

ATAG_Vampire.......UK

ATAG_Pattle.......AUS

ATAG_Vortex.......UK

ATAG_Highseas.......UK (or maybe Planet Zonk!!)

ATAG_Ribbs.......USA

ATAG_Knuckles.......USA

ATAG_Marlow.......UK

TWC Spook.......AUS + other TWC

9/JG52 Sturm.......UK

BOO.......UK

Dai-San.......UK

SharkBait.......USA

69th_Zeb.......USA

What I would like to propose is that we agree a date time to meet, very soon, on the ATAG Team Speak channel 'Post Scriptum' so that we can discuss when we can get together and jump on a server and get started. It will also give everyone the chance to ask questions and put out ideas.

I do realise that (unlike myself) most of you have to work, so any get together would probably need to be on a Friday night/Saturday/Sunday and also to accommodate Time Zone differences. See Time Zone Chart below:

timezone.jpg

In the past some of the CloD/Blitz events have taken place about 20:00/21:00hrs GMT but am always open to suggestions.

I really think we can get a section or two up and running and if we can I think Post Scriptum will be good fun.

Please feel free to PM me with ideas, possible dates times etc. or put it here on the thread.

o7 Vamps

24. Likes ATAG_Marlow, Dai-San, 9./JG52 Sturm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

love that chart I have it printed out. (im always looking up time zone converters)

thanks

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

26. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

plz count me in, most of the BF crowd I run with don't like "sims", sorry if i glanced over this but is there a discord server or is it TS?
    “Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.” Friedrich Nietzsche.

Current rig: Ryzen 3600 ,16GB DDR4 3200 ram, 1TB Crucial NVMe, 500GB Samsung EVO, Seasonic platinum prime 750W, ASrock pro4, Vega56 VC, 2560x1440 144Hz Win10 64bit

28. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Are there snipers? I fancy being a Sniper.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

30. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Me too!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

it is one of the many options

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Quote Originally Posted by thee_oddball View Post
    plz count me in, most of the BF crowd I run with don't like "sims", sorry if i glanced over this but is there a discord server or is it TS?
    P/S has a live voice comm in game, but we are going to discuss using our T/s this Saturday

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Our TS will work only if everyone in the squad is on it. We also will have to create a Squad..and then lock it right away. I don't know if they can be passworded or how that works.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    Our TS will work only if everyone in the squad is on it. We also will have to create a Squad..and then lock it right away. I don't know if they can be passworded or how that works.
    You can add a password to a channel, Ribbs.

If you have problems, PM me channel and password, and I can add it for you.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.11 MB

Haha..I was talking about creating a squad in Post Scriptum. Once it's created, it's open to whomever wants to join, unless it's locked like I've seen before. I just didn't know if they used passwords or what.

I seen u replying D..and was all excited to see that you checked it out, and that you were IN!
    Last edited by ATAG_Ribbs; Jul-31-2018 at 09:44.
    Cheers
    Ribbs

MSI GTX 1060 3 GIG
    WIN 7 64

By ATAG_Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

my problem with T/S is its mapped to my joy stick and I would have change it to my keyboard, an idea is perhaps to log into T/S to see which P/S server we are on then just start to use the P/S comms . plus we will also need to communicate with the other squads in P/S

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    495 Bytes

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knuckles View Post
    my problem with T/S is its mapped to my joy stick and I would have change it to my keyboard, an idea is perhaps to log into T/S to see which P/S server we are on then just start to use the P/S comms . plus we will also need to communicate with the other squads in P/S
    You don't have to Unmap your Joystick in TS, just add a Keyboard shortcut too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dai-San View Post
    You don't have to Unmap your Joystick in TS, just add a Keyboard shortcut too.
    good to know thanks, assumes it would cancell out my joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by thee_oddball View Post
    Hi oddball!

Post Scriptum has in-game VOIP for local, section and section leader to command comms. Different key bindings are used for each channel.

There is within the ATAG Team Speak setup a dedicated channel for Post Scriptum which can be used to communicate outside of the game.

o7

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Hi MP!

There are snipers with the term 'Marksmen' being used in the game.

It is one of the specialisations available within a section.

From what I have experienced I think there has to be so many in a section to make certain specialisations available.

o7

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Knuckles View Post
    P/S has a live voice comm in game, but we are going to discuss using our T/s this Saturday
    The meeting is on the ATAG Team Speak channel for Post Scriptum.

o7

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

You can only have 9 per section with the majority in the section being riflemen. So if 3 members wants Stens, you may need to create 3 seperate sections and so on.

Not a problem if working together on external Comms, but will have issues on internal Comms alone as you can’t lock the others out
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

For those of you new to Post Scriptum here is a video to show you basic tactics.

is there a set time to meet (day/time) is it it just random?
    “Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.” Friedrich Nietzsche.

Current rig: Ryzen 3600 ,16GB DDR4 3200 ram, 1TB Crucial NVMe, 500GB Samsung EVO, Seasonic platinum prime 750W, ASrock pro4, Vega56 VC, 2560x1440 144Hz Win10 64bit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast