Thread: Looking for Spitfire 1a skin: AH-Z of 234 Squadron, based at Middle wallop 1940.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    152.31 MB

Red face Looking for Spitfire 1a skin: AH-Z of 234 Squadron, based at Middle wallop 1940.

I think Major Setback had a version available but I could not download from the links provided, does anyone have a link please?

Many thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Re: Looking for Spitfire 1a skin: AH-Z of 234 Squadron, based at Middle wallop 1940.

Thanks for your interest.
    Within Team Fusion we are always willing to help.

It should already be in your game. Do a search for 'hand' (or 'TFS TF4.5 Spitfire AHZ Hand logo') in your skin folder and you should find it.
    Otherwise try looking in the 'SpitfireMkIa' folder.

This is the location of the skin in my computer:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\PaintSchemes\Skins\SpitfireMkIa

Let us know if you can't find it.

Cheers,
    major_setback (skins)

If you are running an older version of the game I'll send it to you via PM Private Message.
    Last edited by major_setback; Aug-16-2018 at 15:53.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

3. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    152.31 MB

Re: Looking for Spitfire 1a skin: AH-Z of 234 Squadron, based at Middle wallop 1940.

Aah, thanks Major, it was there all along! Why are there so many different versions of the Mk1 Spit? I always use the Mk1a 100 Oct, but there is also Mk1 100 Oct, Mk1 etc? I love the skin, a nice reminder of building the classic Airfix kit with these markings when I was a kid!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by charlie19 View Post
    Aah, thanks Major, it was there all along! Why are there so many different versions of the Mk1 Spit? I always use the Mk1a 100 Oct, but there is also Mk1 100 Oct, Mk1 etc?
    I'm not sure about the different marks, but this might give some insight:
    https://forum.keypublishing.com/show...1a-differences

Buzzsaw would be able to answer this question if he sees it ... but he is very busy, so I would prefer not to ask him.

Cheers, major_setback
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Aah, thanks Major, it was there all along! Why are there so many different versions of the Mk1 Spit? I always use the Mk1a 100 Oct, but there is also Mk1 100 Oct, Mk1 etc? I love the skin, a nice reminder of building the classic Airfix kit with these markings when I was a kid!
    Charlie you might find the exact details elsewhere but here is the basic breakdown:

There are 3 variants each with two fuel types. The 87oct aircraft are the ones with no suffix and should really be discounted as 100oct fuel was in widespread use by mid 1940. The 100oct versions benefit from the performance that the extra 4lb of boost engaging the boost cut out brings (BCO).

The types are:

Mk1 - manual prop is a bit more of a handful in dogfights but this is the best aircraft for agility and speed under perhaps 16000ft if you get the hang of it. This is the only spitfire that should be available on the early Fall of France maps IMO especially when the blues are stuck with E1s and E3s.

Mk1a- variable speed prop. Best all rounder under say 20000ft and less demanding on the pilot in terms of engine management. Any speed disadvantage of lost to the Mki is more than made up for in other departments. The 1a is a retrospective reference to the 8 gun wing to differentiate from the other cannon equipped wing types. Start to lose out to the MkII as the alt increases.

MkII - in the RW fitted with a rotol variable pitch system and a more powerful merlin XII. Not as agile of fast as the early Mk1s under perhaps 10000-16000ft but are supposed to be faster than the Mk1a if perhaps not quite as agile. Higher tolerance of engine water temps too.

Many seem to prefer the MK1a for anything under 20000ft and the MKII for anything over.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by BOO; Aug-18-2018 at 07:38.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

7. Likes major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Looking for Spitfire 1a skin: AH-Z of 234 Squadron, based at Middle wallop 1940.
    I think Major Setback had a version available but I could not download from the links provided, does anyone have a link please?

Many thanks!

Regarding the skin - if anyone is interested, it works a lot better in-game than the default skin (which has issues at the moment):

Setbacks Spitfire Hand version 3 a53s31 z.jpgSetbacks Spitfire Hand version 3 a53s24 z.jpgSetbacks Spitfire Hand version 3 a53s28 z.jpgSetbacks Spitfire Hand version 3 a53s23 z.jpg

Setbacks Spitfire Hand version 3 a53s21 z.jpgSetbacks Spitfire Hand version 3 a53s12 z.jpgSetbacks Spitfire Hand version 3 a53s06 z.jpg

Cheers, major_setback
    Last edited by major_setback; Aug-17-2018 at 15:30.

Principle skinner

9. Likes ATAG_Lewis liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    152.31 MB

Superb, many thanks for all your help chaps!