Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game crashes without any message immediately or shortly after a mission start

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Re: Game crashes without any message immediately or shortly after a mission start

A brief search reveals that Win10 updates can, on some rigs, cause some sort of corruption/interference with graphic card drivers. D'loading the latest driver and installing (or re-installing if u already have the latest) can fix it if that is the issue.
    Personally I use the Display Driver Uninstall Utility (DDU) once I am in safe mode to completely uninstall the current graphic driver and then reboot and then install the new driver.

DDU can be d'loaded here https://www.guru3d.com/files-details...-download.html
    Scroll down the page to get the d'load mirror link.

This may or may not be useful for the issues u guys r having but worthwhile doing a driver clean install to eliminate that possibility.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Game crashes without any message immediately or shortly after a mission start

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread View Post
    Check if maybe your antivirus software is interfering with the game.

I had an issue on my parents computer with a different game (but this same kernelbase.dll exception), where the AV quarantined a gamefile.
    In that case, the game crashed immediately, it didn't even start, so this may not be your solution, but worth a try...
    Kettarian, you surely already tried it several times but as a German forum member had the same symptoms as you: For him it was the virus scanner blocking the My Documents-folder.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox View Post
    Reinstalling Windows did it. Works now.
    Unfortunately this is the only option sometimes, this is why having a dual partition on your HD is a good idea, primary partition for windows ONLY and the second one for EVERYTHING else.
    “Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.” Friedrich Nietzsche.

Current rig: Ryzen 3600 ,16GB DDR4 3200 ram, 1TB Crucial NVMe, 500GB Samsung EVO, Seasonic platinum prime 750W, ASrock pro4, Vega56 VC, 2560x1440 144Hz Win10 64bit

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DUI View Post
    Kettarian, you surely already tried it several times but as a German forum member had the same symptoms as you: For him it was the virus scanner blocking the My Documents-folder.
    Don't have any antivirus software except for Windows Defender, but thx for the tip anyway DUI, might help some other poor bloke. Reinstalling Win 10 helped me with my problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Try re-installing Microsoft Net Framework 5.0 for 64 bit.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    160.86 MB

Hi,

Same problem, windows 10 Home (upgraded from 7 a couple of years ago), GeForce GTX 1070, Hotas Cougar, TrackIr 4.
    Failed to launch, no error. Only Cod fails, everything else working.
    Tried several solutions in this and other forums, none worked.

Reinstalled windows with the last ISO (downloaded from microsoft), clean install formatting the system disk, a couple of hours late everything working like a charm, no problem at all with Cod, joystick or track IR.

Regards
    Alex

Supporting Member 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by asalex View Post
    Hi,

Same problem, windows 10 Home (upgraded from 7 a couple of years ago), GeForce GTX 1070, Hotas Cougar, TrackIr 4.
    Failed to launch, no error. Only Cod fails, everything else working.
    Tried several solutions in this and other forums, none worked.

Reinstalled windows with the last ISO (downloaded from microsoft), clean install formatting the system disk, a couple of hours late everything working like a charm, no problem at all with Cod, joystick or track IR.

Regards
    Alex
    Did you check whether you had similar (Net Framefork related) errors in Event viewer, to what I had?

Glad you resolved your problem even if with some drastic measures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.55 MB

I have been delaying this post to explain how I believe I solved my launcher64.exe crashes during gameplay. I did this for two reasons:

1. The crashes occurred randomly at very different intervals, so I wanted to fly many hours before claiming that the issue has stopped.
    2. Fear that I would jinx it and start seeing the crashes again!

It has now been a week and many sorties since my last launcher crash that was always accompanied by a "display driver has stopped" message in the system event log. I had tried many things before resorting to the last action which seems to have fixed the issue - moving my 980ti card to a different PCIe slot on my motherboard. It seems that these slots on the motherboard can fail independently and simply moving the card can fix the problem if that is the case. Here are all of the things I tried before resorting to this:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling Steam and the game
    2. Uninstalling all graphics drivers using DDU and reinstalling the latest driver
    3. Making numerous changes to NVIDIA settings including reducing clock speed
    4. Repairing the .NET Framework installation
    5. Remove ReShade
    6. Reduce clock speed on CPU
    7. Running memory tests
    8. Running stress tests with FurMark while monitoring temps and voltage on GPU
    9. Reinstalling Windows 10

I was about to throw in the towel and pre-order one of the new 2080 graphics cards but I think I can delay that for awhile. Hope this helps someone else!

9. Likes RAF74_Buzzsaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

That’s great feedback, Creep. Thanks for sharing.

I will copy this thread to our Technical forum and sticky it. It just may help out the next guy.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    598.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Kettarian_Fox View Post
    Reinstalling Windows did it. Works now.

How do you go about reinstalling windows?

I'm having the dead same problem as you and suspect a win 10 update.

Never ever had problems with CLOD Blitz until recently.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.02 MB

Hello all,

Is reinstalling windows the solution? I bough the game yesterday. first, I couldn´r ran it, after some research in the forum found the problem... Windows Defender.
    I was happy for a few minutes, now when I click start mission, the loading screen appears and I´m kicked to Desktop.
    I´m running the game on a RYZEN 5 2400G 3.9GHz, RX 580 8GB OC , 16 gb and 1 TB HDD.

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Pinola View Post
    Hello all,

Is reinstalling windows the solution? I bough the game yesterday. first, I couldn´r ran it, after some research in the forum found the problem... Windows Defender.
    I was happy for a few minutes, now when I click start mission, the loading screen appears and I´m kicked to Desktop.
    I´m running the game on a RYZEN 5 2400G 3.9GHz, RX 580 8GB OC , 16 gb and 1 TB HDD.

Thank you!
    Have you tried to clear either mission and missions folder in "Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover"?
    Or, if you haven't set time consuming keybind controls - clear right away the whole "Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" - folder

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tibsun View Post
    Have you tried to clear either mission and missions folder in "Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover"?
    Or, if you haven't set time consuming keybind controls - clear right away the whole "Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" - folder
    Tibsun, Will try that tonight and let you know. Thank you for your fast reply!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12