Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick any good?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick any good?

Hi I'm new to CoD and ATAG.

I've just finished my PC build and have finally been able to play IL2 CoD. I am currently playing using a PS3 controller but I wan't to upgrade to a joystick.

I've had a look around and the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS has good reviews on amazon and is a price i'm happy with (60 quid max).

Has anyone had any experience with this? it it a good buy?

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick any good?

I've used it for years now. Still love it. Super accurate and nicely weighted.

3. Likes BilboSwaggins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

In this price range T.16000M is the best and only option in "entry level" joysticks - models that cost up to $100.

Their differential is use of contact less sensors (HALL sensor) in main axes (X,Y) what theoretically warranty long life, contrary to
    low cost (and quality) potentiometer used in other low cost joysticks (e.g. Logitech 3D PRO) and T.16000M in secondary axes: throttle and twist rudder.

For ~70% more the option is VKB Gladiator - but this model is difficult to find available and is sold only in 3/4 places worldwide.

Anyway for Gladiator price ~$99, you can buy T.16000 FCS Flight Pack: stick + throttle bundle:

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-...s=t.16000m+fcs

5. Likes ATAG_Snapper, BilboSwaggins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BilboSwaggins View Post

I've just finished my PC build and have finally been able to play IL2 CoD. I am currently playing using a PS3 controller but I wan't to upgrade to a joystick.

I've had a look around and the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS has good reviews on amazon and is a price i'm happy with (60 quid max).

Hi Bilbo and welcome to the forum!

The TM16000 is an EXCELLENT joystick for this sim. I use it and a Sidewinder 2 interchangeably, their button and axis controls are remarkably similar. Both sticks use Halls sensors for the X and Y axis (vs potentiometers) and are very precise for handling and aiming your aircraft. It has a twist axis for rudder control, which will certainly do the trick until you get the yearning to mortgage your house and buy rudder pedals. But first, sell your left kidney and get an eye-tracking device - invaluable for maintaining situational awareness in a dogfight.

You won’t be disappointed in a TM16000.

Cheers!

Snapper

EDIT: Just saw lokos’ post above mine! I didn’t know that TM now makes a throttle paired up with the TM16000. That is a NICE combo!
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Aug-22-2018 at 10:57.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

7. Likes BilboSwaggins liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice, Looking forward to picking one up next month when I get paid. Until then you'll have to forgive me for smashing into the runways on take off and landing! That's the biggest issue I've found using a game pad. That and aiming is a pain but if you miss your shot at least you don't bin it! XD

Thanks for the welcome

See you in Game

B

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BilboSwaggins View Post

Welcome aboard.

I started off with a saitek x-52 pro.

I wouldnt recomend it though unless you only need it to last for the weekend !

Mine did two years... and actually it was pretty good... but the build quality is terrible. id say save that money and put it towards something non rubbish !!

Sounds like the T.16000M will hold its price so if you decide flight simming isnt for you you should be able to sell on again without too much loss.

I gradually upgraded my kit as i went along... small increments.

Lokos knows his stuff when it comes to the build quality / components of peripherals so the T.1600M must be pretty good value.

Like Snapper says another seemingly enduring stick is the Microsoft Sidewider II. I've never used one. Lots of folk here swear by them. Where as with Saitek its more swear at them.

See you up there.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Hi BilboSwaggins

Welcome to the world that is Blitz

I have also heard/read good reviews for the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS .

Also some sort of head tracking device and installing Teamspeak ( free to install ) so you can join us on coms .

Good to meet you the other night and hope to see you again real soon .

Knight.

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

The stick is pretty good. I have one (only got it cause I wanted to buy the throttle and I could only find it with the HOTAS set) and while I still use my Cobra M5 (just like the feel better) I think the Thrustmaster would actually be more precise and not have a huge floppy dead-zone like my M5. The throttle is also pretty darn good for its price and would recommend it for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

first I had an Avr, now with this t16000 it is much easier to aim and hold the position.

COD v. 4.55 - Intel I5 2400 3.1 Ghz- 8 Gb Ram - Asus Gtx 1050 2 Gb -
    EdTracker-T.16000 -Win10

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.71 MB

I'm new here too with a brand new T.16000M.

It has the most buttons I've had on one and as mentioned, it's reasonably priced. The only complaint I have are the strong springs, it's just not how a stick actually feels. I'm not familiar with high-end sticks, but would like to know if they're not as strong or if they're possibly adjustable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.71 MB

For anyone using the T.16000M, you might find this jpg I found on another forum useful.

As I'm just starting out, I'm reassigning buttons often trying to find the best commands to put on the stick. Until I finish the assignments and can use buttons without having to think about their location, it has helped me. I've had to print a few of these so far;

T.16000M.jpg

15. Likes ATAG_Snapper, PreyStalker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

This is great - thanks for sharing this, Oldersalt!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Work of minutes to memorize the most frequently used keys for me

Ctrl E
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

18. Likes ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    220.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by oldersalt View Post
    For anyone using the T.16000M, you might find this jpg I found on another forum useful.

As I'm just starting out, I'm reassigning buttons often trying to find the best commands to put on the stick. Until I finish the assignments and can use buttons without having to think about their location, it has helped me. I've had to print a few of these so far;

T.16000M.jpg
    My setup was like this or would be since I got the TWCS Throttle with it which negated the pitch set up like it was on my 3D Pro:

Unbenannt.png

Now I use my beloved VKB MCG Gunfighter + TWCS Throttle
    Last edited by Tibsun; Sep-06-2018 at 16:00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Been using the T.16000M for many years now and have yet to regret it. Same sensors as in the much more expensive Warthog so it's very precise. Last year I changed over from an old model to the new FCS and while the FCS looks nicer overall I find the buttons on the joystick base less smooth and kind of "sticky". On the other hand I've put some serious hours into it and it's operating flawlessly. With the old model I found them "giving up the ghost" after about a year of use with axes starting to spike and buttons going dead. So far this hasnt been the case with the FCS model. Well spent 50€ I would say!

Might buy the additional throttle unit which would certainly come in handy in something like DCS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

The only complaint I have are the strong springs, it's just not how a stick actually feels.
    Some people use in T.16000M the same 'MOD' used in Saitek's, tie 2 spring coils together with 'zip-ties' - but don't tight much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NsEpDkFvdU

I'm not familiar with high-end sticks, but would like to know if they're not as strong or if they're possibly adjustable?
    "High end" stick base made by VKB, VPC and BRD are customizable by user changing/combining springs/CAM profile, but sticks from common brands don't offer option, exception for Saitek's X-56 that came with 4/5 springs options.

An useful MOD - if you are "brave" in DIY, is add a "pinky" button, wirid in parallel with one of this buttons in "wrong" side of base - right for right-handed persons.

With this simple MOD you double the functions of 4 tops buttons and POV HAT with one hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz40sGSX8SA
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-11-2018 at 13:11.

22. Likes Oldsalt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.71 MB

Smile Re: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick any good?

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Some people use in T.16000M the same 'MOD' used in Saitek's, tie 2 spring coils together with 'zip-ties' - but don't tight much.

"High end" stick base made by VKB, VPC and BRD are customizable by user changing/combining springs/CAM profile, but sticks from common brands don't offer option, exception for Saitek's X-56 that came with 4/5 springs options.

An useful MOD - if you are "brave" in DIY, is add a "pinky" button, wirid in parallel with one of this buttons in "wrong" side of base - right for right-handed persons.

With this simple MOD you double the functions of 4 tops buttons and POV HAT with one hand.

Wow, exactly what I need. I'll definitely be making this mod, the tie wraps and fishing line arrive the day after tomorrow. You've been a big help!

I now have TeamSpeak up and running and hope to be online soon. Is there a server for new pilots or do you become easy meat for experienced pilots?

One of the major differences between the sticks used in the 40's to 90's is that they were much longer, 2 feet plus, making small movement much more precise. But I guess current pilots have adapted to the side stick in our modern aircraft. They probably grew up flying sims and find using side sticks is second nature.

Joytokey has allowed me to add most of the commands I use while flying, so I won't be attempting the last mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

One of the major differences between the sticks used in the 40's to 90's is that they were much longer, 2 feet plus, making small movement much more precise.
    Look at page #118 of this Computer Pilot magazine about "stick geometry":

http://www.pcaviatornetwork.com/files/CP143MT6FZ6A.ZIP
    https://pt.scribd.com/document/27321...ilot-2010-0405
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-11-2018 at 16:34.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.71 MB

Well I tried the compressed spring method. I used the smallest cable ties I could find, 3" and there was no interference with the stick base. But no matter how or where I positioned the wraps on the spring, the tension was never even. It took more pressure to roll left than right and more to pitch up than down or vise-versa.

I came across this video about using a heavy grease to dampen the movement, it's a compromise, but looks like it might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdUP6UJmB-E

On another forum I heard about another app called, Joystick Curves. I used this option many years ago on a different sim, but they had this option programmed into the sim itself (where it should be). It's a great help being able to make very fine movements from a centered stick.

But before I install it, would you, or anyone know if Joystick Curves will work and not interfere with Joytokey? And I assume you would start Joystick Curves before Joytokey, or would it matter?
    Last edited by Oldsalt; Sep-17-2018 at 17:20.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I bought my T.16000M years ago and have no complaints, strong,well made and precise. I just dragged this Frankenstein mess out of the closet and will need a chisel to get the dust off but they all still work....and yes guys that's a Saitek X45, don't laugh it still works

20181218_085320.jpg
    “Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.” Friedrich Nietzsche.

Current rig: Ryzen 3600 ,16GB DDR4 3200 ram, 1TB Crucial NVMe, 500GB Samsung EVO, Seasonic platinum prime 750W, ASrock pro4, Vega56 VC, 2560x1440 144Hz Win10 64bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

nm
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

I love them but unfortunatly I cant get either to work in the new 4.54 blitz patch.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

16000M hasn't changed for years and there's a reason for that – it's so good, it just works. But when you put it next to the throttle it does feel a little dated. I'd have loved to have had another hat switch on the joystick and maybe another button on the main stick, too. ... The throttle, however, is brilliant. surveyzop
    Last edited by aonesur; Aug-18-2021 at 15:19.

30. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

The T16000M and TWCS throttle are great for the price but neither is brilliant. They both have their achilles heels.
    On the joystick it's the rudder axis, on the throttle it is the rocker axis. Both will break down pretty fast with usage.

Also my TWCS needed some fiddling around to get it to work reasonably well. I had to loosen the bolt on the underside as well as open up the underside and lube the rails that the throttle runs on to make it smooth.
    Without this there was a lot of stickyness which made small, accurate throttle inputs impossible.

Still for the small budget I'd say they are both a good pick.
    Last edited by Karaya; Aug-20-2021 at 07:49.

32. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya View Post
    Also my TWCS needed some fiddling around to get it to work reasonably well. I had to loosen the bolt on the underside as well as open up the underside and lube the rails that the throttle runs on to make it smooth.
    Without this there was a lot of stickyness which made small, accurate throttle inputs impossible.
    Sliding bearings mod

https://www.etsy.com/listing/9683467...master-t16000m

34. Likes Karaya liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

I'm using both the T16000 and the TWCS Throttle from 2017 and I haven't had a single problem with them until now ( ...and I play really a lot )....but stay away from the Thrustmaster TFRP rudder pedals they are beyond crap ( too imprecise for small rudders movements it's their main problem over all with WW2 flight sims ). Their rail system is a total fail on all the line...

Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Aug-19-2021 at 15:06.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders View Post
    I'm using both the T16000 and the TWCS Throttle from 2017 and I haven't had a single problem with them until now ( ...and I play really a lot )....but stay away from the Thrustmaster TFRP rudder pedals they are beyond crap ( too imprecise for small rudders movements it's their main problem over all with WW2 flight sims ). Their rail system is a total fail on all the line...

TFRP's not to be confused with the Thrustmaster TPR pedals which are the finest you can lay your toes on.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

37. Likes Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Karaya View Post
    The T16000M and TWCS throttle are great for the price but neither is brilliant. They both have their achilles heels.
    On the joystick it's the rudder axis, on the throttle it is the rocker axis. Both will break down pretty fast with usage.

Still for the small budget I'd say they are both a good pick.
    I've had my T16000M for about seven years and used it regularly with no problems at all, rudder axis is fine still. I recommend it highly, especially for the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Is the slide bearing that bad that it needs this ??
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Is the slide bearing that bad that it needs this ??
    At least based on my experience with it I can say totally useless. If you keep the rails well greased and you regulate well the dedicated screw following your preferences the throttle works smoth as silk

*At least here I have 0 side bearing on the throttle

I do not want to be wrong but the major thing that the mod adds is the detent.
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Aug-27-2021 at 11:35.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast