Thread: Ive had a blow-out !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Ive had a blow-out !

I was over in the UK for about 5-6 weeks and took in Duxford Legends, Uxbridge Bunker, RAF Hendon, IWM London, IWM Manchester, RAF Montrose & RAF East Fortune plus Iron Maiden at the 02 Arena in London.
    Yep I got around a bit.

So I get home to Canada just over a week ago and get settled into flying again. I have my priorities.

I'd not been feeling quite right for a bit so get an appointment with my Dr I've not seen in 6 years. He sends me off for an x-ray ... seems I've been on 1 lung for almost 2 weeks. Somehow during my days out in London I collapsed my left lung. Bloody surprise to me ! And to the Doctors who marvelled that I'd also taken 2 flights home. So now I'm sitting around with some plumbing hanging out my chest and feeling a bit sore like I've been booted in the ribs, but I'm breathing right. Turns out not all aches and twinges at 50 are simply symptoms of turning that magical number. I'll certainly be a little more attentive to them in future.

Happy Flying all. I'll be back in the air asap.

Daz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Ive had a blow-out !

Yikes!

Dazza, take care of yourself. Sounds like you’re on the mend, thank gawd, but we want you around for a long, long time, mate!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Crickey !

Getting older is awesome huh?

I trashed one of the discs in my lower back about 4 years ago. They said... "Well.. maybe it will get better... but probabbly not."

They were right !

Not yet bust a lung though. is it any good? (im guessing not so much)

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    379.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I was over in the UK for about 5-6 weeks and took in Duxford Legends, Uxbridge Bunker, RAF Hendon, IWM London, IWM Manchester, RAF Montrose & RAF East Fortune plus Iron Maiden at the 02 Arena in London.
    Yep I got around a bit.

So I get home to Canada just over a week ago and get settled into flying again. I have my priorities.

I'd not been feeling quite right for a bit so get an appointment with my Dr I've not seen in 6 years. He sends me off for an x-ray ... seems I've been on 1 lung for almost 2 weeks. Somehow during my days out in London I collapsed my left lung. Bloody surprise to me ! And to the Doctors who marvelled that I'd also taken 2 flights home. So now I'm sitting around with some plumbing hanging out my chest and feeling a bit sore like I've been booted in the ribs, but I'm breathing right. Turns out not all aches and twinges at 50 are simply symptoms of turning that magical number. I'll certainly be a little more attentive to them in future.

Daz
    Wishing you a speedy recovery, very sorry to hear this. You must have partied a bit too hard- maybe it was the Maiden concert? Hope to see you in the skies again soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Yep I got around a bit.

Daz

Did you make the mistake of drinking their beer? Eat their shepherds pie or bangers and mash? That'll do it to you.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

Hi Dazza.

-oh, so thats why its been a while..
    Very sry to hear this !

I`ll keep a seat free for You in my Blenny and promise to stay low

Get well soon m8!
    Intel 6Core i7 coffee lake 8700k delidded@4.8ghz1,225v. is-60cpu cooler. msiz370 gaming pro carbon ac itx hk.Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti 11gb palit w. custom cooling.
    16gb 3200mhz lpx ram. Corsair sfx 600w gold psu. Samsung 960 evo 512gb m2 nvme+250gb ssd. Samsung c32f391. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog+VKB T-Rudder Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Take care mate

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Get well soon!

Best,

DerDa

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Gordon Bennet, dazza! You must be indestructable, Mate! Remind me to wing up next to you when you rejoin all your mates in CLoD!

Really pleased to hear you seem to be making a brilliant recovery and just think: all that time off work will give you more time to fly. Take care and we all look forward to seeing you in the air again soon.

Next time, don't stand so close to the bass speakers! Salute!

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

Lungs - Overrated IMHO

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Dazza!
    71st_AH_RebelSqurl

"Those who cannot relinquish the comfort of their own hate, damn only themselves in the end."

Intel i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 GHz | 2GB GeForce GTX 760 | 16GB DDR3-1866 DIMM | Win 10 | VKB Gladiator joystick

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.75 MB

Glad your ataleast on the mend
    See you soon

Asus Z390 MB, 32 GB Corsair RAM, 850 W Power Supply, Intel Core i7 9700K GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 G and about a dozen squirrels running on a wheel that I sometimes forget to feed !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Wow!!

I guess that must've been quite a shock to find out you'd done a lung in dazza.

Wishing you a speedy recovery mate.

All the best,

Lase

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Thanks all for the thoughts & comments. Very few of you I've actually conversed with, but it's my nature to be pretty quiet (most the time). I'm one of the few who don't live out life via facebook posts. Yet here I am sharing, but out of a sense of surprise over sympathy. It's all pretty remarkable and funny. I already have no sense of smell, and can't sense gas for eg, now it seems I don't even sense when my organs are failing ! Maybe if I die and no-one tells me I'll just go on regardless. Perhaps racking up so many multiple Blennie deaths over the years it's carried over into the real world. Anyway, I'm bi-lung-able again and no extra plumbing sticking out my torso. Everything feels normal - then again I didn't really notice much before other than a shortness of breath. I'm certainly taking notice now though. And just in time - Deep Purple show tonight.

Dazza

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    508.11 MB

Glad to hear you are feeling better Dazza, hope to see you back in the skies soon