Thread: Naughty Germans bombed the chip shop not airfield first mission help needed !

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Naughty Germans bombed the chip shop not airfield first mission help needed !

Hi,
    I am setting up my first bombing raid but despite following Phil Styles tutorial and setting the white ring target on the airfield, they bomb the nearby village prior to the airfield.
    No fish and chips for folk.

I have revisited the waypoint, used target set and clicked yet again on the aircraft icon , the middle one of the three, nothing happens to show its been acknowledged, byt Phils tut didnt have such acknowledgement either.

flown again and still they have a go at the village.

Also I arm them with bombs, there is only a choice of 2 x SC250, no 2x SC50 or 4x sc50, and that choice sees red warning which says :-
    Weight Current 7350kg take off weight 6950kg
    its a good job I am starting over the water, would they have never managed to take off ?

for detonator I choose low level. and go with default delay 14 secs.
    I have them coming in LOW 15m though they dont do so.

They dont carry 4 character letter codes S9+CK for example, despite having chosen Epr210 in the Zerstorer list, they are treated as fighters and given numbers.
    yesterday I had 4 character codes when in Blitz. I am now in 4.312 to get the correct tail artwork !

Finally how does one indicate to them the landing field, does one use target > set and click on the icon in middle of Luft airfield ? I tried that and no white ring appeared at cursor.
    If I indicate landing will CoD choose a suitable speed for the last waypoint at the airfield and maybe also for the one prior to this ?
    Are we expected to get the 110 manual out and work out suitable speeds ?

This is enthralling stuff if it works. waited 40 yrs for this. Hope to recreate actual raids.

BOBC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BOBC; Aug-30-2018 at 17:39.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Naughty Germans bombed the chip shop not airfield first mission help needed !

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi,
    I am setting up my first bombing raid but despite following Phil Styles tutorial and setting the white ring target on the airfield, they bomb the nearby village prior to the airfield.
    No fish and chips for folk.

I have revisited the waypoint, used target set and clicked yet again on the aircraft icon , the middle one of the three, nothing happens to show its been acknowledged, byt Phils tut didnt have such acknowledgement either.

flown again and still they have a go at the village.

Also I arm them with bombs, there is only a choice of 2 x SC250, no 2x SC50 or 4x sc50, and that choice sees red warning which says :-
    Weight Current 7350kg take off weight 6950kg
    its a good job I am starting over the water, would they have never managed to take off ?

for detonator I choose low level. and go with default delay 14 secs.
    I have them coming in LOW 15m though they dont do so.

They dont carry 4 character letter codes S9+CK for example, despite having chosen Epr210 in the Zerstorer list, they are treated as fighters and given numbers.
    yesterday I had 4 character codes when in Blitz. I am now in 4.312 to get the correct tail artwork !

Finally how does one indicate to them the landing field, does one use target > set and click on the icon in middle of Luft airfield ? I tried that and no white ring appeared at cursor.
    If I indicate landing will CoD choose a suitable speed for the last waypoint at the airfield and maybe also for the one prior to this ?
    Are we expected to get the 110 manual out and work out suitable speeds ?

This is enthralling stuff if it works. waited 40 yrs for this. Hope to recreate actual raids.

BOBC
    Most bombers had variations on their bombloads... depending on how much fuel they took.

At maximum bombload, they took less than 100% fuel.

When they needed to load 100% fuel in order to have the range to distant targets... they took less of a bombload.

The normal takeoff weight is historically accurate in the game.... if you load 100% fuel and the maximum bombload, the current aircraft weight will show as overloaded, and you will have a great deal of difficulty in taking off if you fly the aircraft yourself, likely you'll crash... and most of the time the AI will also crash on takeoff when overloaded.

Your bomb target cannot be a generic village or non identifiable target... you need to place an object in the village as a target.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Re: Naughty Germans bombed the chip shop not airfield first mission help needed !

Downloaded and opened ur mission.
    U have the 110s set as "Fighter" in the object browser...why not set them as a "Zerosterer" squad ?
    The AI won't cope with going below about 100 meters. I understand u want them to go really low level but trust me, don't set them to go below 100m.
    U look like u are trying to get them to bomb Hawking but u have set the "bomb area" to well before Hawking. Set that right where u want them to drop or only slightly before.
    Alternatively u can place an object like a static plane on the airfield and then use the "Bomb target" option and the "Set" function in the Object browser to direct the bombs to the static object.
    In bomb loadout I would still set the delay slider to all the way across to 14 seconds even tho it says "automatic dive fuse delay of 14 seconds".
    Don't worry about the red overload weight warning, the planes will still fly as normal.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Downloaded and opened ur mission.
    U have the 110s set as "Fighter" in the object browser...why not set them as a "Zerosterer" squad ?
    The AI won't cope with going below about 100 meters. I understand u want them to go really low level but trust me, don't set them to go below 100m.
    U look like u are trying to get them to bomb Hawking but u have set the "bomb area" to well before Hawking. Set that right where u want them to drop or only slightly before.
    Alternatively u can place an object like a static plane on the airfield and then use the "Bomb target" option and the "Set" function in the Object browser to direct the bombs to the static object.
    In bomb loadout I would still set the delay slider to all the way across to 14 seconds even tho it says "automatic dive fuse delay of 14 seconds".
    Don't worry about the red overload weight warning, the planes will still fly as normal.
    Nope... AI aircraft are affected by overloads the same as human flown aircraft.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Nope... AI aircraft are affected by overloads the same as human flown aircraft.
    But for the purpose of the mission BOBC has created, the AI are air starting and only flying a short linear distance to dump their bombs. In this respect it's not making any real difference to what he has them doing in this particular mission.
    If he was wanting to have the 110s dogfight on the way there then sure, they would fly like pigs.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,

I want them to bomb Hawkinge and following Phil Styles tutorials he takes the waypoint he had over the airfield and moves it to a little before the airfield, then selects Ground attack area instead of normal flight and gets a white target ring which he clicks on the faint aircraft icon in middle of airfield. I did the exact same steps yet they drop bombs in the valley before the airfield. Both in Blitz and 4.312

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBUBHdrmecE is his video and at 6mins 27 secs he moves the waypoint just before the airfield then selects Ground Attack Area and uses target>Set and clicks on the airfield.

Akula93 responses to my earlier post says for Ground Attack area the waypoint needs to be over the airfield and dont use Target>Set.

No wonder I have been going wrong, Phil , the video is misleading, please amend.

I do want them coming in low and sneaky as per reality but 100m is not Epr210 or KG76 Kenley tactics. Is the only way to achieve this height to fly low rather than AI it there ?

For my photos though there is something odd, I am skimming tree tops flying #1, yet the aircraft look like scale models above the trees yet when I am viewing from cockpit I am seeing trees as they would appear if I am tree top.
    I cant get that dynamism look of blimey thats low and close...
    Here are my radio controlled scale models,definitely wrong size compared to trees and landscape/cliffs.
    I am just about to clip the treetops under me, that was the deliberate stopping/pause point. They are about my port wing length in diameter if that.

and view back along tree tops level with me.

yet go external and I have shrunk compared to the tree I am clipping, note the shadow is the diameter of the tree, (this is just atop chalk cliffs just west of Dover) several pilots would fit into the trunk.

view fwd helps give feeling of 110 size as well. remember I am clipping that tree, not beyond it in field. Definite radio control model if the tree is same size as those I saw when I clipped them.

What is wrong with the aircraft scales ?

I think its because in fact these small trees at best the diameter of my port wing length as they appear to my view when within the cockpit, atop chalkland so they wont be that big anyway, are bigger and different trees when viewed external, place a house in the scene and things change, they are 2x house height, however place a civilian car next to the house and its a kiddies car. Width a window frame, not even width of door, height just about bottom of window.

plan view, some calcs to do on house and aircraft sizes but here is the image.

Codes sorted, yes my mistake I now have them as Zerstorer and now able to get S9 codes. Also as over water the take off nasties I would have got have been skipped.

I will do the slider thing, thanks.

BOBC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BOBC; Sep-01-2018 at 19:05.