Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No rudder trim

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.71 MB

Re: No rudder trim

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Joy2key or Target will o the same kind, make "press joy buttons press keyboard keys" - what in many cases only add a unnecessary "layer" between joystick and games.

But if add an joy button in game controls as modifier don't work for you (work for me), try this sofwares. Joy2key use less Windows resources than Target for do the same thing.
    I really don't want to use another app if I don't have to, so I went back and tried to assign both the trim and view commands to the hat switch again.

I realized that when I hold down a button then press the hat switch, either the button I'm holding down or the hat switch position shows up in the small window, but never both. So I end up assigning two commands to the same button or switch.

So if I can't assign commands from the options/controller page while running the sim, maybe I can directly revise my ini file? If someone has programmed their hat switch for both views and trim, can you post or send me your ini file I can use as an example?

Also, if I understand correctly, you can't use the hat switch modified by a button for both the prop and gear because they're in the same 'airplane' group or category? Please excuse or ignore my dumb questions, I'm full of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

I realized that when I hold down a button then press the hat switch, either the button I'm holding down or the hat switch position shows up in the small window, but never both.
    Maybe is the case that POV HAT don't accept other button as modifeir, i've been use for other cases, e.g. axis. I'm not able to check for your, the power supply of my PC "kaput", in CLOD I use usually WASD keys for trim.

You can try add a button in ConfUser.INI, but is probabable that even if work when enter in Controls assingment latter this manual assignment will be reset.

Try Joy2key - besides use low PC resources can be started after game, reconfigued "on-the-fly".

In Joy2key set the joy button that you want use as modifier for press "LAlt" - select in drop down menu,* in game set LAlt+POV HAT Up/Down for trim, press the LAlt key and not joy button, or will reply your actual issue.

* Default assignment in Joy2Key is "Alt" that work as LAlt and RAlt, if want be specific need select L' or R' in drop down menu of window assignment box.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Sep-07-2018 at 13:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    88.71 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Savage View Post
    I...The water radiator has no indication on the small HUD that shows on your screen. Therefore you have to peek out onto the inboard part of your right wing, where you'll see a small tab, similar to a dipstick with markings on it to show the current position of the rad. If you close it all the way, the tab will be fully extended upwards and you should see the markings, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and so on. I like to close mine to about half so that all that should be showing is the 3/4 mark, a line and the blank bit at the top of the tab.
    As for the oil, there is an indicator on the small HUD display. I set mine to 40%. Some might say this is low, but as is normal, I never cruise or cruise climb at full throttle and rarely use 100% power unless in an emergency. As long as you don't climb her too hard, your water temp shouldn't rise above 95 and your oil will probably sit down at around 89/90. If ever you see them rising, simply reduce your rate of climb...

...I hope this helps. The 109 is a lady. As long as everything is smooth and gentle, she'll be good to you. Even then, you'll probably get a slap every now and then because you didn't do it just so.
    Yes, it was a big help.

I did find an oil radiator indicator on my HUD, but looking from the root to the tip on the 109E-1 I'm flying, I can't find an indicator on the wing. Another strange thing is that while the handle works correctly and stays where it's left when looking at it in the cockpit, the HUD indicator always reverts to the center position, regardless of the actual setting.

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Joy2key or Target will o the same kind, make "press joy buttons press keyboard keys" - what in many cases only add a unnecessary "layer" between joystick and games.

But if add an joy button in game controls as modifier don't work for you (work for me), try this sofwares. Joy2key use less Windows resources than Target for do the same thing.
    Well I couldn't get what I wanted with just the sim settings, so I installed JoytoKey and couldn't be happier. There's no lag or delay and it makes flying so much easier not having to look away to find a key. I don't have a nice setup like most who have a separate throttle and their stick, mouse and keyboard in a perfect location on a desk. So I need to add as many commonly used commands on my stick as I can.

I now have 6 functions I control with my hat switch, views, trim, flaps, prop, oil and water radiators. This frees up 4 badly needed buttons on my stick.
    Last edited by Oldsalt; Sep-08-2018 at 15:25.

4. Likes PreyStalker liked this post
    Mountains of Bulgaria, beaches of Spain and Italy, UK when I have to
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    246.12 MB

Quote Originally Posted by oldersalt View Post
    I now have 6 functions I control with my hat switch, views, trim, flaps, prop, oil and water radiators. This frees up 4 badly needed buttons on my stick.
    WOW !!
    I hope you never have to:
    Check six
    Adjust trim
    Lower flaps
    Increase prop pitch
    Close oil rad
    Close water rad...

...all at the same time
    My not so expensive COD rig:
    Windows 7 64 bit
    ASRock b75m r2 motherboard - new