Thread: Blitz conversion troubles

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Blitz conversion troubles

Hi all,

I've spent the past few days getting back into CloD and converting over to Blitz.
    I'm all set up ready to jump back into a few online sessions but I have a major issue with my rudder axis set up.

So, with my elevator controls, 100% sensitivity gives me enough non-linearity to aim comfortably, although I'd prefer a little more. However, 100% sensitivity on my rudder axis isn't enough non-linearity to easily control with my twist stick.
    In pre-blitz CloD I had very comfortable joystick curves set up within the range the game allowed. But I can't figure why Blitz limits the maximum curve so much?

As a side note; I'm using a T16000M (pre-FCS) which works absolutely fine in BoX and DCS.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be great!

Thanks,
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    292.62 MB

Re: Blitz conversion troubles

You should take a look to this thread about Joystick Curves: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ead.php?t=6497.

I think that you can use the Thrustmaster's T.A.R.G.E.T software with your T16000M to configure axis response curves and dead zones configuration. Another great program is Joystick Gremlin, a program that allows the configuration of joystick like devices, similar to what Thrustmaster's T.A.R.G.E.T do including axis response curves.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K 4.2 GHz OC, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-D3H, RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel,
    Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1070, Joystick: T16000M, Throttle: Thrustmaster TWCS, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals, OS: Windows 10 64 bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Hi Jacksax, and welcome to the forum, and indeed our community.

Here is another link to a thread that you may find useful showing the settings that other folks use

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...er+sensitivity

Good luck, and hope to see you in the virtual skies soon

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksax View Post
    Hi all,

I've spent the past few days getting back into CloD and converting over to Blitz.
    I'm all set up ready to jump back into a few online sessions but I have a major issue with my rudder axis set up.

So, with my elevator controls, 100% sensitivity gives me enough non-linearity to aim comfortably, although I'd prefer a little more. However, 100% sensitivity on my rudder axis isn't enough non-linearity to easily control with my twist stick.
    In pre-blitz CloD I had very comfortable joystick curves set up within the range the game allowed. But I can't figure why Blitz limits the maximum curve so much?

As a side note; I'm using a T16000M (pre-FCS) which works absolutely fine in BoX and DCS.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be great!

Thanks,
    Jack
    I run with 0.25 on both pitch and roll axis and 0.75 on rudder

It's a confusing setting as far as its descrition goes... it should read "damping" rather than sensitivity... its basically doing the opposite of what you think it does !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

I am on 0.5 for Aileron and Elevator and 0.75 Rudder.

It's down to personal preference really though.

Tweak the settings until you are happy with them

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker