Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAF Reticle Issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

RAF Reticle Issue

Hello chaps.

Last night as i was flying my reticle changed betweeen one spqawn and the next.... and looked like it has been drawn with a crayon !!

all other graphics were 100% excellent... just the reticle.

it was happening in the spit 1a 100 and the Huirricane Rotol.

Deleted the chache... restarted the machine... but it stayed exactly the same...

my grpahics settings are all set to high... just as always... so no change there.

Anyone else had this?

I did manage to take a 109 down... but I'd rather have had a propper gunsight to use !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

Re: RAF Reticle Issue

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Hello chaps.

Last night as i was flying my reticle changed betweeen one spqawn and the next.... and looked like it has been drawn with a crayon !!

all other graphics were 100% excellent... just the reticle.

it was happening in the spit 1a 100 and the Huirricane Rotol.

Deleted the chache... restarted the machine... but it stayed exactly the same...

my grpahics settings are all set to high... just as always... so no change there.

Anyone else had this?

I did manage to take a 109 down... but I'd rather have had a propper gunsight to use !
    What are your nvidia settings?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Default other than fastsync being enabled.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    16.39 MB

Hi Seas.

Try this. Go in Your Nvidia ctrl panel, select MFAA and FXAA on.
    Run a "test" mission (quick miss).
    Reticle should B ok.. :-?
    If You want, switch them back again.
    Reticle should still be ok.. I know..funny

Good luck sir!
    Intel 6Core i7 coffee lake 8700k delidded@4.8ghz1,225v. is-60cpu cooler. msiz370 gaming pro carbon ac itx hk.Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti 11gb palit w. custom cooling.
    16gb 3200mhz lpx ram. Corsair sfx 600w gold psu. Samsung 960 evo 512gb m2 nvme+250gb ssd. Samsung c32f391. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog+VKB T-Rudder Pedals

5. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Jeepy View Post
    Hi Seas.

Try this. Go in Your Nvidia ctrl panel, select MFAA and FXAA on.
    Run a "test" mission (quick miss).
    Reticle should B ok.. :-?
    If You want, switch them back again.
    Reticle should still be ok.. I know..funny

Good luck sir!
    I found the same solution, without MFAA adjustments... I found that the vague, "Crayon" reticle disappeared after I enabled NVIDIA FXAA alone. Since I use the NVIDIA Profile Inspector instead of the NCP, I went to "section 3 - Antialiasing", and at the bottom of that list of options, selected "Toggle FXAA on or off", with the "ON" option. On my 4k display, this has no impact other than to clear up the gunsight reticle problem.

Changing the in-game Video Options > Antialiasing to anything other than "OFF" also fixed it but I prefer to leave true AA disabled to enhance distant target spotting. FXAA is described as a "Post Processing" feature which has no impact on frame rate and target acquisition on my 4k display.
    Like always, experiment with this stuff on your own system to find the best solution for you.

EDIT: Recommend post # 7, below. Driver update fixed my problem so far...

EDIT: More to read in post #8 below. Problem remains.
    Last edited by Baffin; Oct-03-2018 at 10:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Hello, 'Seas.

Have you found a solution yet? And have you got VSync enabled along with GSync?

I had that reticle months ago but can't remember what, if anything, I did to remedy it.

But I think it may have been VSync in the Video Options. I don't have it enabled now and the reticle is fine.

I just now enabled it to see what effect it would have on the reticle. With GSync and VSync now enabled, I jumped on multiplayer and there it was, that fuzzy reticle!

Came out of multiplayer, disabled VSync, went back on and the reticle was normal again.

Last edited by ATAG_Scones; Sep-28-2018 at 18:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

There was an Nvidia driver update yesterday.

Seems to have cured it.

Huzza!

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

9. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I was hoping that the new (411.70) driver package was the answer. Woe and gloom... it was not. I have noticed that not only is the gun sight reticle distorted, but also the panels, rivets and other "details" on the top of the wings are gone, leaving a featureless, washed out look. Only the exterior skin of the aircraft is affected, not the cockpit details.

Sometimes playing with the Anti-Aliasing settings, including FXAA, will fix the problem but sometimes not. It seems to come from the ATAG server when it happens because none of the other servers has had this problem on my system. I plan to start a diary whenever I run into this in the future. Perhaps there is a common thread.

Overclocking is not the cause. It can happen even with the NVIDIA card fully reset.

Still investigating...
    Last edited by Baffin; Oct-03-2018 at 10:11.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

I was experiencing this issue as well. Never did find a solution after a lot of tweaking and messing about with settings. I have a GTX 1080ti so, pretty sure my card is up to the task of the game. There's got to be something going on with the way textures are being rendered (issue was reticle sometimes, but also sometimes the aircraft textures in game and in the aircraft selection/customization windows). Will continue to watch this thread for possible fixes.

12. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Depending on how many times I change settings like VSych, A/A, etc, I can invoke three levels of exterior skin detail:

1. No detail at all. Only camouflage colors on a smooth wing surface.
    2. Panel Lines and markings with no 3D effect. Hazy indistinct lines and letters, again on a smooth wing surface.
    3. Normal full 3D markings on a realistically textured wing surface.

Gunsight reticle is usually vague and indistinct with 1. and 2. above. It's crystal clear when the wing texture is correct. (3)

When 1. or 2. above apply, there is a "Rectangle" protruding from the aft right side of the fuselage. It looks sort of like an open access panel. I have to look out and back using trackIR to see it. ...hurts my neck!

I plan to revert to earlier NVIDIA drivers after testing my present settings some more. (Resolution, etc)
    Last edited by Baffin; Oct-05-2018 at 16:24.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

14. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    Depending on how many times I change settings like VSych, A/A, etc, I can invoke three levels of exterior skin detail:

1. No detail at all. Only camouflage colors on a smooth wing surface.
    2. Lines and markings with no 3D effect. Hazy indistinct lines and letters, again on a smooth wing surface.
    3. Normal full 3D markings on a realistically textured wing surface.

Gunsight reticle is usually vague and indistinct with 1. and 2. above. It's crystal clear when the wing texture is correct. (3)

I plan to revert to earlier NVIDIA drivers after testing my present settings some more. (Resolution, etc)
    Exactly this.....

If the reticle is in "crayon mode"... the skin on my wings is... just background paint in very low definition.

Your post triggered my memory...

These are interlinked.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

I have never touched my NVidia settings and I have had this reticle in the past. I have not had any problems with the reticle for quite some time; but after reading 'Seas' original post about a week ago, I switched Vsync on and off to see what effect it would have on the reticle.

Result:

Vsync on: 'crayon mode', Vsync off: normal mode.

However, I have just repeated this and Vsync had no effect!
    Last edited by ATAG_Scones; Oct-04-2018 at 17:00.

17. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Earlier NVIDIA driver was no help. Newest 411.70 works best on my system.

I'm going to link this thread to the bugtracker. I think we need the experts to look at this...

Done: 21:49, 4 Oct 2018
    Last edited by Baffin; Oct-05-2018 at 09:17. Reason: Signature now has NVIDIA settings...
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

19. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    62.85 MB

Hi guys
    I have been having the same above problems for the past two months
    I find this is only on half the maps -and this only happens on the ATAG server
    How i have got around this - i play single player for a few minutes then go back to multi player - it seems to fix the problem 80% of the time
    I have also found this happens sometimes on single player
    I have a 1080Ti video card
    Cheers Soldat

21. Likes Baffin, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

So are u all running 4K oled TVs as a monitor ?
    Just wondering if it only affects these higher specced TV monitors ?
    Running any other nVidia settings like DSR ?
    Also in the NCP under "Adjust desktop color settings", do u have your TV/Monitor set to "Use NVIDIA settings" ? (that's what I have mine set to anyway)
    Can't say I've seen it on my lowly 27" 1080p monitor.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

23. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

New NVIDIA Driver released. (416.16)
    Installed... will report back.

This driver seems to be no better.
    Last edited by Baffin; Oct-05-2018 at 10:54. Reason: Driver report

25. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Also in the NCP under "Adjust desktop color settings", do u have your TV/Monitor set to "Use NVIDIA settings" ? (that's what I have mine set to anyway)
    I am using a Samsung UHD display (not in front of me right now, so can't give you the exact model). Over 50" though. I've tried at various resolution settings. I will examine the other things you've mentioned tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    Hello, Torian.

Not using one here, mine is a 27" Asus 1440, overclockable to 165Hz refresh rate but I never do that. I've opted for 144Hz in Video/Options of Blitz. I've not had the 'crayon' reticle for a long time now but was able to produce it recently but only once when I switched Vsync on in Video/Options.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I just flew a bunch of tests that seem to suggest that this is related more to the departure airport, airplane or combination thereof, rather than the mission or my hardware/software. (Settings are now in my signature block, below)

Example: Today, while flying "Operation Dynamo", the problem existed at Eastchurch with a Spitfire Mk 1A (100) every time. I switched to Oye-Plaige in a Spitfire Mk1 (100) and died four times from flak before finally destroying the convoy at Watten. The computer performed flawlessly but it was not just a different base, but also a different plane. Just to see, I spawned at Eastchurch a minute ago in a Spitfire Mk1 (100), and it looked perfect!

Let's hear if anyone has had the problem in a plane other than a Spitfire Mk1A (100), and what airfield did you spawn at?

Last edited by Baffin; Oct-05-2018 at 13:48.

29. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

I just flew a bunch of tests that seem to suggest that this is related more to the departure airport, airplane or combination thereof, rather than the mission or my hardware/software. (Settings are now in my signature block, below)

Example: Today, while flying "Operation Dynamo", the problem existed at Eastchurch with a Spitfire Mk 1A (100) every time. I switched to Oye-Plaige in a Spitfire Mk1 (100) and died four times from flak before finally destroying the convoy at Watten. The computer performed flawlessly but it was not just a different base, but also a different plane. Just to see, I spawned at Eastchurch a minute ago in a Spitfire Mk1 (100), and it looked perfect!

Let's hear if anyone has had the problem in a plane other than a Spitfire Mk1A (100), and what airfield did you spawn at?

Bingo!

Multiplayer: Vsync - OFF,
    Airfield: Eastchurch,
    Aircraft: Spitfire Mk la (100 oct)

Reticle: 'crayon' mode
    ---------------------------------------

Airfield: Eastchurch,
    Aircraft: Hurricane I (100oct)

Reticle: 'crayon' mode.
    ---------------------------------------

Airfield: Canterbury,
    Aircraft: Spitfire Mk I (100oct),

Reticle: 'crayon' mode.
    Last edited by ATAG_Scones; Oct-05-2018 at 15:00.

31. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Can people having this issue confirm which Texture setting they are using in Cliffs graphics options and switch to 'Original' setting if not already? Also please try what Soldat suggested:
    Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Soldat View Post
    How i have got around this - i play single player for a few minutes then go back to multi player - it seems to fix the problem 80% of the time
    I have also found this happens sometimes on single player
    EDIT: Disregard PM request, may be unrelated to ATAG missions.
    Thanks
    Last edited by ATAG_kiwiflieger; Oct-08-2018 at 07:57.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

33. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Apologies for the formatting. MS Word compatibility issue.

Date Time (est) Mission Airplane Airfield VSynch/AA Condition

07/18 1957 Dynamo Spitfire 1A (100 Oct) Canterbury Fast/Off Vague Gunsight & Surfaces
    10/3 Unknown Dynamo Spitfire 1A (100 Oct) Eastchurch Fast/Off Vague Gunsight & Surfaces
    Changed settings Off-ON/ 8-0 Problem went away
    10/4 Unknown Raiders 4.5.3 Spitfire 1A (100 Oct) Eastchurch Fast/Off Vague Gunsight & Surfaces
    10/4 1215 Raiders 4.5.3 Spitfire 1A (100 Oct) Eastchurch Fast/Off Vague Gunsight & Surfaces
    10/4 1220 Restarted computer to get same as above.
    10/4 1400 Steamworks Spitfire 1A (100 Oct) Eastchurch Fast/Off Clear, detailed gunsight& surfaces
    10/4 1430 Steamworks Spitfire 1A (100 Oct) Eastchurch Fast/Off Vague Surfaces, Gunsight OK
    10/4 1721 Relinquish Spitfire 1A (100 Oct) Carpique Fast/Off All clear
    10/5 0922 Means to an end Spitfire 1A (100 Oct) Unknown Fast/Off All clear
    10/5 1024 Dynamo Spitfire 1A (100 Oct) Eastchurch Fast/Off Vague Gunsight & Surfaces
    Epilepsy filter applied-no change
    Epilepsy filter removed-weak panel lines.
    10/5 1038 Dynamo Spitfire 1A (100 Oct) Canterbury Fast/Off Vague Gunsight & Surfaces
    Landed and respawned. Same detail problem

EDIT (Added)
    10/26 @1850,1920, 1940 Hellfire Corner Blenheim IV (Early and Late) Canterbury, Rochester Fast Vague Gunsight & Surfaces
    Last edited by Baffin; Oct-26-2018 at 20:06. Reason: new observation

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

Err, looking through the signatures here it strikes me there may be a commonality already.

How many people having this problem right now are running 1080ti cards?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I noticed that as well. Not sure what TNscones is running.
    Last edited by ATAG_Highseas; Oct-08-2018 at 04:08.

- Big Screen Beyond -

- TM Warthog Throttle -

Highseas Peripherals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

I run a 1080Ti with no issues. Haven’t adjusted the card, game runs at the same resolution of the monitor (27”)
    If anything, my recticle seems thinner and more defined than I remember tho lighter in colour. Never seems to be as bright as those I see in the Youtube vids.

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by SIA_Sp00k; Oct-08-2018 at 09:09.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

38. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    116.63 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    I noticed that as well. Not sure what TNscones is running.
    I am running a 1080ti, dual monitor set up. The monitors are not of the same spec.

Online yesterday:

Map: English Channel 1940 Summer,
    Airfield: RAF Wilmington,
    Aircraft: Spitfire Mk I,
    Reticle: fuzzy
    -------------------------------------------
    Map: as above,
    Airfield: Redhill,
    Aircraft: Hurricane I (Rotol 100oct),

Going to single player and returning to multiplayer repaired the reticle. Credit is here given to ATAG_Soldat.

But why does doing this correct it?
    Last edited by ATAG_Scones; Oct-08-2018 at 08:42.

40. Likes Baffin, ATAG_Soldat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TNScones View Post
    I am running a 1080ti, dual monitor set up. The monitors are not of the same spec.

Online yesterday:

Map: English Channel 1940 Summer,
    Airfield: RAF Wilmington,
    Aircraft: Spitfire Mk I,
    Map: as above,
    Airfield: Redhill,
    Aircraft: Hurricane I (Rotol 100oct),

Going to single player and returning to multiplayer repaired the reticle. Credit is here given to ATAG_Soldat.

But why does doing this correct it?
    Depending on your computer system, it doesn't always work. With mine, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Activating any of the options in the "Video Options" menu of CLoD sometimes will fix things, but mostly seems to be ineffective on my rig. The common thread seems to be ATAG, not our computers.

Now that we have a new Windows update, Nvidia driver and, in my case, a new BIOS from ASUS, I'm sure things will change... hopefully for the better!
    Last edited by Baffin; Oct-10-2018 at 22:30.

42. Likes ATAG_Soldat, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

The common thread seems to be ATAG, not our computers.

This bug occurs on other servers as well. It was occuring when flying on my own dedicated hosted server which is what started my looking into the issue in the first place. I haven't actually been on ATAG since before Blitz was released. I reinstalled the game to do a limited run of some of our old campaign missions for our group and some friends, running off of a new dedicated server I have access to and that's where I found the problem. I thought there might be a simple fix for it, but it appears to be elusive....
    Last edited by No.401_Wolverine; Oct-11-2018 at 16:12.

44. Likes ATAG_Soldat, Baffin, ATAG_Scones liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    62.85 MB

Hi Guys

I only have problems on 4 out of the 11 maps

1 Operation Steamworks
    2 Sealion
    3 joy division
    4 Hellfire corner

This problem only occurs on the ATAG server - This does not occur on any other games or any other servers
    This problem occurs whether playing Red or Blue

I fix this problem by playing single player for a few minuets - or by unchecking the SSAO Box in the in game video settings

other times everything re-appears after playing for 10-15 minuets.

My resolution is - 3840 x2160 60 Hz Video card GTX 1080 Ti Monitor 32inch -4K Full Screen

Hope this helps
    Cheers Soldat

46. Likes ATAG_Scones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Has anyone tried changing their texture setting in the graphics options to 'Original' and seeing if it still happens?

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast