Thread: Forum Rules

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Forum Rules

Hi everyone,

We’ve been very fortunate to have had a large influx of new forum members here of late; we’re over 15,000 registered members!

Keeping this in mind, this forum has some basic rules that are essentially predicated on common sense:

1) No personal attacks on fellow forum members or squads. Got a problem with a fellow player or another squad, be it here or on the server? Don’t air it here, instead pop me a Private Mail. I will go to extreme lengths to get the issue resolved to hopefully everyone’s satisfaction privately, quickly, and discreetly. Many long time forum members will know exactly of what I speak.

2) No bad or offensive language. We are not cloistered monks here, but this is a family-friendly forum where young players are welcome, plus anyone of any age is very welcome as a guest to do aviation-based historical research here. Many of us work in environments that can be unpleasant, stressful, competitive, etc etc, so we come here to relax and see what’s up with our favourite sim. We try to keep this forum a nice place to visit.

3) Please stay away from the usual hotkey topics involving politics, sex/gender issues, religion, 100 octane* etc etc. Twitter is a great place to go to war on all that stuff - not here!
    *old timers here will know exactly what I mean! LOL

4) The following material related to WW2 is prohibited on the forum: images with clearly visible symbols of Nazi Germany, images of military or civilian awards associated with Nazism, images of German military or civilian leaders associated with Nazism or convicted or prosecuted for war crimes that have not been completely exonerated. Moderators have the right to remove offending avatars, signatures or personal information without notifying the user. The administration reserves the right to decide unilaterally to correct any offending item in the user profile. Reference: IL2 Sturmovik Forum Rules v1.04 (13)

5) Please no spamming on this forum. We regularly get spam posts on this forum which are removed as quickly as possible and the spammer is banned. Lately we've been getting new members who are including hot links to commercial sites in their posts and/or signatures. This is not permitted here.

I think that’s it.

Thanks to all for your many contributions here!

Cheers!

Snapper
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Mar-29-2021 at 16:54. Reason: added Rule 5

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz