Thread: 1943 Berlin Blitz Virtual Reality Experience By VR Immersive Education & The BBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    163.3 KB

1943 Berlin Blitz Virtual Reality Experience By VR Immersive Education & The BBC

A glimpse of the near future to come soon in air combat simulation?. Hope so.

AA_Engadin
    Reality is everything that happens when you run out of battery. But it also can be an alteration of the perception due to a forced lack of alcohol, though. Should both coincide in time, a plan B is compulsory to overcome a deadly overdose of reality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: 1943 Berlin Blitz Virtual Reality Experience By VR Immersive Education & The BBC

Quote Originally Posted by AA_Engadin View Post

A glimpse of the near future to come soon in air combat simulation?. Hope so.

AA_Engadin
    Didn't have a chance to watch the preview... skipped ahead to the main action.

Very interesting clip... the audio is taken directly from an actual recording of a crew over Germany.

One comment... if TF does a night bombing module, I guarantee it will look better than that, in VR or not in VR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Re: 1943 Berlin Blitz Virtual Reality Experience By VR Immersive Education & The BBC

Picking up a Vive VR set up and 1080 gpu laptop later this week for work. Will download and let people know what I think.

ABC in Australian recently produced a VR experience around the Kododa campaign in New Guinea. Will give that a crack to.
    Last edited by ATAG_Pattle; Oct-15-2018 at 04:33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

~8:45 Bf 109 as night fighter?

"Et tu, BBC"?

5. Likes AA_Engadin liked this post
    Dislikes Cybermat47 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

109's were used as 'Wilde Sau' in 1943-44... obviously not as successful as the dedicated twin engined nightfighters, but there were interceptions and kills.

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post

"Et tu, BBC"?

7. Likes Cybermat47, AA_Engadin liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post

"Et tu, BBC"?
    I believe when NJG1 was first formed in 1940 they were equipped with 109Ds. In some BoB documentaries when they show 109s they sometimes show these NJG1 aircraft.

Edit - just checked a book. They were actually IV (Nacht)/JG2 which became III/NJG1 and were equipped with 109D-1 and they may have shot 3 bombers down.

Ezzie
    Last edited by ATAG_Ezzie; Oct-15-2018 at 03:13.

9. Likes ATAG_Pattle, AA_Engadin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Like an Hurricane, Spit, I-16 (In Spanish Civil War)... an Bf 109 as nigthfighter is not the answer for the question, and not the correct representative of enemy meet by Bomber Command over German.

11. Likes AA_Engadin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Ok. So I just watched my 82 yr old dad, and lifelong Lancaster fan have a go at VR for the first time.

This is a fella that has pretty much never sat in front of a computer. Bit of a technophobe..

Well. I have never seen him sit still this long. Didn't watch it once, but twice, said if he had the chance he would have kept going.

Absolutely enthralled. Near speechless and I saw a tinge of emotion.

He said of all the doco's, movies, books he has seen and read for decades pale on the VR experiance.

His score. 110 out of a 100.

To be honest it was really cool watching my dad do it.

I had a go after and loved it. One point I was standing behind the engineer, felt like putting my hand on his should to have a look round him!

Highly recommended.

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

This has just arrived at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum which is only a few minutes drive for me, so very excited to take my kids and see this.

Will be there until the end of August so will likely see it a few times (especially as there is no cost above the admission fee, and already a member).

https://www.warplane.com/

If you are in the area let me know and I will arrange to meet (or take) you there if you'd like.

They have one of only two flying Lancaster's left, so can see the real deal as well.

The museum is in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada which is about an hour from Toronto.

Tell you what, will even pay your admission fee, so come on by!
    Last edited by farley; Mar-09-2019 at 09:29.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

14. Likes MrSteven, AA_Engadin liked this post