Thread: Timeout while host's mission loads

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Timeout while host's mission loads

I have been able to host friends on a server by creating a lobby, having them join my lobby, selecting a multiplayer/dogfight mission and having it load. When my friend's screen showed the mission map with "waiting for battle" I would select "start battle" as host and each player could select a plane as the mission started and fly. Now, when we try to do this, my friend always times out before the mission finishes loading at his end. We have been able to fly missions this way for months, with myself as host. We have checked to make sure that we are both using the exact same version and edition of Blitz. Lately this timeout problem has come up. Any advise on solving this?

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Re: Timeout while host's mission loads

No thoughts at all? Nothing? This has never happened to anyone else? BTW, if I create a lobby with only myself playing, the mission loads and runs without a hitch, no timeouts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Right now, the Lobby hosting function is not working correctly.

We hope to release a patch and a fix for this along with some other elements in the near future.

There is a post out which explains a work around for this issue if you search.

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

The workaround seems to involve port forwarding in my router settings. I don't know how to do so, or how to delete virtual network cards since windows 10 device manager doesn't look like the one used in previous versions of windows. Guess I'll just have to wait for a patch?
    PS;Found evice manager. It shows a list of network adaptors, but none are identified as "virtual". How can I tell which ones to try disabling?
    Last edited by =FI=Murph; Oct-18-2018 at 22:05.