Thread: Install problem resolved: The Big Show Campaign

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Install problem resolved: The Big Show Campaign

Hmm, just purchased this new Campaign from the DCS E-shop, after making sure I had the correct DCS World version 2.5.3 installed, the World War II Assets pack installed, plus the Spitfire IX installed. Payment confirmed by PayPal with receipts received by email. Should be able to install it via the Module Manager in the sim's Main Page. No joy. The Campaign is nowhere to be found in any of the Module Manager's tabs for it to be installed. According to the E-shop, the Module Manager should actually automatically install The Big Show Campaign upon opening - no such luck.

Anyone else purchase this Campaign?

EDIT: See my post below re Beta DCS World.
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Oct-27-2018 at 08:51. Reason: added more info

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Re: The Big Show Campaign

When u log into ur DCS account and go to Profile, is the purchase showing in the My Orders section as being completed ?
    Maybe there is some lag time before the Module manager picks up on ur purchase ?
    IIR correctly I had to reboot DCS a couple of times b4 the Module manager detected my FA18 purchase and could instal it.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Yes, my profile shows The Big Show as “Bought”. This Campaign doesn’t even show up in the Module Manager at all, not even as being available for purchase. It’s possible it hasn’t been ported over yet by DCS it’s made by a third party.

For $9.99 I’m not gonna sweat it. It’ll probably show up in a day or two.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    103.86 MB

Resolved
    Last edited by EAF602_Red; Oct-27-2018 at 08:52.
    Target 4 'o' clock low

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Resolved: Checked with ED's tech help. New modules only work with the Beta versions of DCS (at least for awhile). I have an older Beta version of DCS installed on another hard drive. After auto-updating it, sure enough I was prompted to install The Big Show Campaign when I opened the Module Manager. I have to update my peripheral inputs, after which I'll give this new Campaign a whirl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by EAF602_Red View Post
    Resolved
    Thanks, Red.

The DCS tech guy said I could just wait for awhile until it's added to the final 2.5.3 version. Since I had the Beta installed already, it didn't take long to update it to the current Beta version. I tried copy & pasting the controller .lua files I have for the release version, but I found they didn't really copy over well. Easier to just re-enter the inputs manually rather than fuss around too much. But...it's all good.

I had forgotten how long it takes for DCS to load up from a 7200 rpm hard disk drive compared to the SSD drive I normally use. LOL

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Install problem resolved: The Big Show Campaign

What do you make of the campaign? Is there any kind of trade off needed with settings to get those big formations they talk about?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Install problem resolved: The Big Show Campaign

It’ll be awhile before I actually get to try the Campaign, Ron.

At least I have it installed now (in the Beta 2.5.3 version). I still need to assign my peripherals and get some serious free time to sit down to it.