Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server ATAG - BOS

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    27.69 MB

Server ATAG - BOS

Any chance of having an ATAG server in BOS? Those who live in South America suffer from pinging problems on Russian servers. I believe they would have a large audience.

2. Likes ATAG_Septic, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Server ATAG - BOS

Hi obi-wan,

I apologize for the delay in responding. We won’t be hosting BoX on the ATAG servers for the foreseeable future. We are gearing up for the release of TFS 5.0, and we are planning some exciting projects that will take up both servers.

I agree that BoX would have a huge audience here. I have personally purchased all the modules (including Bodenplatte - hopefully to be released soon). BoX runs wonderfully on my system; I fire it up regularly in Single Player to stay current with the updates. I also purchased a couple of the Collector Aircraft - the P40 and Spit IX, both of which are a lot of fun to fly. A few months ago I flew online with a few of my ATAG colleagues on one of the BoX servers and had a blast. BoX is a great sim.

Will keep you posted on further Blitz/TFS 5.0 developments.

Salute,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

"We are gearing up for the release of TFS 5.0"

<------I got chills man

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    27.69 MB

Smile Re: Server ATAG - BOS

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Hi obi-wan,

I apologize for the delay in responding. We won’t be hosting BoX on the ATAG servers for the foreseeable future. We are gearing up for the release of TFS 5.0, and we are planning some exciting projects that will take up both servers.

I agree that BoX would have a huge audience here. I have personally purchased all the modules (including Bodenplatte - hopefully to be released soon). BoX runs wonderfully on my system; I fire it up regularly in Single Player to stay current with the updates. I also purchased a couple of the Collector Aircraft - the P40 and Spit IX, both of which are a lot of fun to fly. A few months ago I flew online with a few of my ATAG colleagues on one of the BoX servers and had a blast. BoX is a great sim.

Will keep you posted on further Blitz/TFS 5.0 developments.

Salute,

Snapper

Thanks for the information

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    27.69 MB

Wink Re: Server ATAG - BOS

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    "We are gearing up for the release of TFS 5.0"

<------I got chills man

any chance of 5.0 being released in December?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    66.34 MB

Definitly yes.....

8. Likes IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I don't know the release date, but I know it's coming!!!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

10. Likes IIJG27Rich, ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by obi-wan View Post
    any chance of 5.0 being released in December?
    From the last (October) Update of Bonkin:
    "Q12. Is a pre-Christmas release a pipe dream?
    Announcing Release dates is not TF's responsibility, however in regards to this question, we can provide some information:

We probably could have achieved a Christmas release, but this would mean excluding some of the new aircraft types, a reduction in the number of vehicles and ships, less improvements to the code and AI, and a less polished map. For that reason we decided against rushing to complete on this date. Our experience with TF 4.5 told us it is critically important to have a product which is refined and bug free out of the gate. First impressions are important. And clearly, a substantial amount of new content with an exciting new environment will be a major factor in generating player interest. We will freely admit TF 4.5 did not have the impact we had hoped for... we've learned our lesson and will make sure TF 5.0 has much bigger punch!

So with that in mind, we continue to work hard on creating this new module, and will have it ready as soon as it is done to a standard which we think the community expects in IL-2 products."

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

Snapper, I see many ATAG members and former ATAG server regulars playing BOS on a nightly basis. IMHO the BOS community as a whole is rudderless and I would love to see a combination of to name a few ATAG, 71st, ACG, SoW, 69th, and all the old regulars who played CLOD on your server make a push together to get a server and a community together in BOS. It doesn't have to be an ATAG only venture. When I'm having to smack my head in awe at some of the behavior on the current servers and the only lacking element is the "people" element in that sim It can be really frustrating. The CLOD community in many cases has moved onto BOS, problem is, the same camaraderie, maturity that was demonstrated for years under TF 4.32 4-5 years ago is absent from the future franchise of the IL-2. Top this on the fact that all us old friends are all fractured and off on a 100 different teamspeaks or discords without a place to congregate also isn't helping. Now you might say.....I don't care i have TF5 or DCS, or whatever sim is around the corner, but the fact of the matter is IMHO that the longer this great CLOD community doesn't invest in that future, than when that transition occurs it will be a completely toxic community. My opinion not anyone else's. The CLOD community has been an outstanding example of what a sim community should embody, and ATAG IMO was the cornerstone to this harmony, please bring it to BOS, or we will never get that back and the hobby as a whole will be worse off.

~jarhead
    old 92sqn jarhead QJ-J

Cheers!
    Last edited by darkside3/4; Nov-15-2018 at 01:39.
    Aggressiveness was fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

~Captain David McCampbell
    Leading USN Ace WWII
    34 Victories

13. Likes ATAG_((dB)) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.04 MB

I think the whole TF team has already heard the criticism after 4.3
    Everything has already been said
    Some of us think that the TWC campaign would be a shock to the clod community
    Has it been like this?
    The fault is nobody's, life is like that
    Either you compete and improve or you stay out
    I'm sure TF has taken note
    even many messages go in that direction ... in not leaving anything to chance again, and even then it will be a very difficult task
    When we have tobruk, there will already be two theaters of operations with the same engine
    Sometimes I find it very easy to attract the boys
    Give them the same thing they get from BOX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

If we dont get a community like this in Box, our hobby will die as we know it, reference my post above. A server and communal forum is a start along with a discord. Im willing to pitch in. When I have to argue with community members on whether landing a tank busting aircraft and taxiing it to tanks is not in the spirit of the expert server, you should be concerned. TF5 is irrelevant imo to this thread discussion, kinda getting hijacked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.04 MB

ok.Maybe I did not understand well
    refers to a community like Atag flying the Bos with the same philisophy
    I do not know if it would be better to have a Bos server here
    Or that Bos had a server for CLOD
    Between the two ways I do not know which would be better

EDIT:

I hope not to bore with the publication of my photo
    but I think it's a good summary and it does its job

to know what I'm talking about, you must have played Bos and understand how his player tracking system works
    If you have not done it, it's hard to understand
    Last edited by Pienoir; Nov-15-2018 at 03:02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

Refers to the people who made clod great, getting together and making a home in bos, not atag alone, ALL the awesome members of this community who are a cut above.
    Aggressiveness was fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

Leading USN Ace WWII
    34 Victories

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

It seems pretty clear that there are three different groups of players at the moment.

One group likes BoX for some reason or the other and they don't want to fly CloD.
    The second group does not want to fly BoX because they think that CloD is a far better sim/game (I plead guilty).
    And the third group enjoys both.

I don't think this will change, whatever you do.
    If ATAG would host an additional BoX server (which costs a lot of money) it would not attract the CloD only flyers. Because they don't want to fly BoX.
    Instead it would naturally attract the BoX community, who would not change its ways, that some do not like.

So, where is the point?

19. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.04 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    because they think that CloD is a far better sim/game (I plead guilty).

So, where is the point?

I feel guilty too
    The point is the people, who are fighting at any time you enter
    And that these people can see clearly, as in Box, who hit, who, how many bullets were wasted and how many hit the target
    and do this easily and intuitively
    If we add a progress to the race of said pilot in that server and that it is equally easy for the comrades to see it
    The bait would be thrown ........... I do not see the drama of talking about pilots flying BOS as undisciplined, it also happens here in Atag
    I think there is a lot of ignorance about how servers work in BOS, there is a choice ....... there are always boys ... there are very good pilots ..... there are lethal squadrons

I love clod, and of course it is not my encouragement to attack anyone or any way of doing
    I repeat that I think TF already took note
    Find peace

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    It seems pretty clear that there are three different groups of players at the moment.

One group likes BoX for some reason or the other and they don't want to fly CloD.
    The second group does not want to fly BoX because they think that CloD is a far better sim/game (I plead guilty).
    And the third group enjoys both.

I don't think this will change, whatever you do.
    If ATAG would host an additional BoX server (which costs a lot of money) it would not attract the CloD only flyers. Because they don't want to fly BoX.
    Instead it would naturally attract the BoX community, who would not change its ways, that some do not like.

So, where is the point?
    MY post was clearly directed at the OLD Clod flyers who ALREADY frequent BoX, to be clear, I could care less about the ones who have no interest in BoX. This has zero to do with this vs that or an ATAG only run server / community. Its directed at the entire clod community who already play BoS and would like the same thing we have her, there. If you were an atag regular ala 2013, 14 and 15 during the heydays, it was great. Very simple concept trying to get across and opinions, not this vs that.
    Last edited by darkside3/4; Nov-15-2018 at 08:43.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by darkside3/4 View Post

Snapper, I see many ATAG members and former ATAG server regulars playing BOS on a nightly basis. IMHO the BOS community as a whole is rudderless and I would love to see a combination of to name a few ATAG, 71st, ACG, SoW, 69th, and all the old regulars who played CLOD on your server make a push together to get a server and a community together in BOS. It doesn't have to be an ATAG only venture. When I'm having to smack my head in awe at some of the behavior on the current servers and the only lacking element is the "people" element in that sim It can be really frustrating. The CLOD community in many cases has moved onto BOS, problem is, the same camaraderie, maturity that was demonstrated for years under TF 4.32 4-5 years ago is absent from the future franchise of the IL-2. Top this on the fact that all us old friends are all fractured and off on a 100 different teamspeaks or discords without a place to congregate also isn't helping. Now you might say.....I don't care i have TF5 or DCS, or whatever sim is around the corner, but the fact of the matter is IMHO that the longer this great CLOD community doesn't invest in that future, than when that transition occurs it will be a completely toxic community. My opinion not anyone else's. The CLOD community has been an outstanding example of what a sim community should embody, and ATAG IMO was the cornerstone to this harmony, please bring it to BOS, or we will never get that back and the hobby as a whole will be worse off.

~jarhead
    old 92sqn jarhead QJ-J

Cheers!
    I am not a member of ATAG so what ATAG does is obviously none of my business but I have to say I completely agree with Jarhead.

The fact of the matter is the footfall through this forum has declined rapidly in the last few months. Interest in Cliffs has fallen off sharply this year and it is going to BoS. There is no getting away from this.

More ominously, since starting the TWC campaign - which lasts for 90 days? - numbers have fallen off even more. The fact is lots of people want a server with no complications; they don't want to register or sign in. They want to fire up their game, join a server and fly.

Through the wonders of Steam, at the top of this forum is a little number saying how many people are using Cliffs world-wide. That figure is for everyone, online and offline. It's rather tiny these days.

At the same time in BoS hundreds of people are flying online and hundreds more are flying single player.

I'm in the UK timezone. Last weekend, in the early hours of the morning I was rather intrigued to see ATAG's figures showing twenty-two people world-wide flying Cliffs. Nine of these were shown flying multiplayer yet there were some two dozen using ATAG T/S. Mostly from South America.

None of them were flying Cliffs, they were all on BoS!

Next week BoS will release the P47 and the 109 K4. Sometime soonish, probably before TF5 arrives, the Bodenplatte map will be released.

This is the time to set up an ATAG BoS server for all the reasons Jarhead has set out above. Both these games can exist together and in harmony as they compliment each other.

ATAG needs to attract more interest in this forum in order to establish an interested audience when TF5 arrives. This is important for the success of TF5.

Setting up a BoS server is neither difficult, nor expensive. My squad - the DangerDogz - runs a Cliffs server for our own interest which we welcome all members of the community to. We are also setting up a BoS server.

The writing is on the wall. In my opinion - and this is merely my opinion - ATAG runs a slick, reliable server with no nonsense - something BoS is crying out for - that will attract a large American hemisphere audience as well as us Euro's which can then be used to promote Cliffs and a new TF 5 release.

It's a matter of attracting an audience and participants. If they are here in large numbers for BoS this can only help TF and Cliffs.

23. Likes ATAG_((dB)) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Arthursmedley View Post
    I am not a member of ATAG so what ATAG does is obviously none of my business but I have to say I completely agree with Jarhead.

The fact of the matter is the footfall through this forum has declined rapidly in the last few months. Interest in Cliffs has fallen off sharply this year and it is going to BoS. There is no getting away from this.

More ominously, since starting the TWC campaign - which lasts for 90 days? - numbers have fallen off even more. The fact is lots of people want a server with no complications; they don't want to register or sign in. They want to fire up their game, join a server and fly.

Through the wonders of Steam, at the top of this forum is a little number saying how many people are using Cliffs world-wide. That figure is for everyone, online and offline. It's rather tiny these days.

At the same time in BoS hundreds of people are flying online and hundreds more are flying single player.

I'm in the UK timezone. Last weekend, in the early hours of the morning I was rather intrigued to see ATAG's figures showing twenty-two people world-wide flying Cliffs. Nine of these were shown flying multiplayer yet there were some two dozen using ATAG T/S. Mostly from South America.

None of them were flying Cliffs, they were all on BoS!

Next week BoS will release the P47 and the 109 K4. Sometime soonish, probably before TF5 arrives, the Bodenplatte map will be released.

This is the time to set up an ATAG BoS server for all the reasons Jarhead has set out above. Both these games can exist together and in harmony as they compliment each other.

ATAG needs to attract more interest in this forum in order to establish an interested audience when TF5 arrives. This is important for the success of TF5.

Setting up a BoS server is neither difficult, nor expensive. My squad - the DangerDogz - runs a Cliffs server for our own interest which we welcome all members of the community to. We are also setting up a BoS server.

The writing is on the wall. In my opinion - and this is merely my opinion - ATAG runs a slick, reliable server with no nonsense - something BoS is crying out for - that will attract a large American hemisphere audience as well as us Euro's which can then be used to promote Cliffs and a new TF 5 release.

It's a matter of attracting an audience and participants. If they are here in large numbers for BoS this can only help TF and Cliffs.
    That is no truth.
    Neither Bo$, nor CloD, nor DSC, nor War Tunder can exist together and be in harmony for each other, and for the user, simply because when a user plays in DSC he cannot fill Bo$ server or other at the same time.
    These products wage war for the end user and his money.
    CloD doesn't quite fall into this category... since TF will only prepare to sell their product. But they should be interested in the end user.

25. Likes SirAthlon, 1lokos, Rostic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.04 MB

The first obstacle and the biggest one is virtual reality.
    The one who tries it does not return, or so they say, because I continue with opentrack.

Clod plays in another league as long as he does not implement this.

What is happening with the ww2 player is that he wants people
    If there are no people, it goes away and does not return
    If we do not want to see the clod die, we need servers with people

Apart from the issue of VR there are other formulas, no longer to attract people but to avoid those that are
    As a clod lover I would not want this to happen.

Maybe my proposal is absurd, but I'm sure that if the player flew clod in a server with the box environment ... the thing could work
    There is no color, in engine management, in flight model, in photorealism, in ambience ......................... but everything else fails

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post

That is no truth.
    Neither Bo$, nor CloD, nor DSC, nor War Tunder can exist together and be in harmony for each other, and for the user, simply because when a user plays in DSC he cannot fill Bo$ server or other at the same time.
    These products wage war for the end user and his money.
    CloD doesn't quite fall into this category... since TF will only prepare to sell their product. But they should be interested in the end user.
    I don't have War Thunder myself but the rest - and RoF and even IL2 '46 - live on my PC together quite happily.

I'm talking about the future of ATAG and the future of TFS. They both depend on each other. It's got quiet in here. This forum needs more visitors - look at the donations chart for this month.

Run a BoS server like the ATAG server and people will come here. We now know that TFS needs to sell 15k copies of TF 5 for the series to continue. We also know Cliffs sold around 200k copies. Thats what it's got going for it. These copies exist in peoples Steam libraries, it hasn't gone away.

You just need a way to encourage more people to visit here and they will see how TF has managed to carry Cliffs into a viable future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

ATAG is not “at war” with anyone. We fully support TFS, BoX, DCS, the TWC Campaign, the DangerDogz server, War Thunder, Post Scriptum, etc etc. We fully encourage our ATAG membership to fly/play/participate/hang out/support these other venues. The only thing we ask of the ATAG members is to let us know if it’s worth buying/downloading. We may even get some good ideas to improve our own server(s).

ATAG does not earn a penny more if one or a hundred players are on the ATAG Server. We operate on the generous donations of those who wish and are able to donate in any given month. Our rewards are the great videos and After Action Reports posted here, on YouTube, and in Facebook.

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, we are gearing up for the release of TFS 5.0. I don’t know the release date, but..........

This Saturday, November 17th, 18:00 GMT - everyone please log into Server 2 for a netcode stress test!

(shameless plug )

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

I don't have War Thunder myself but the rest - and RoF and even IL2 '46 - live on my PC together quite happily.

I'm talking about the future of ATAG and the future of TFS. They both depend on each other. It's got quiet in here. This forum needs more visitors - look at the donations chart for this month.

Run a BoS server like the ATAG server and people will come here. We now know that TFS needs to sell 15k copies of TF 5 for the series to continue. We also know Cliffs sold around 200k copies. Thats what it's got going for it. These copies exist in peoples Steam libraries, it hasn't gone away.

You just need a way to encourage more people to visit here and they will see how TF has managed to carry Cliffs into a viable future.
    From my side I see only one. You are talking only about future of Bo$ at ATAG server. If not, may be choose another thread to talk about future of CloD? Is not it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.04 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post

This Saturday, November 17th, 18:00 GMT - everyone please log into Server 2 for a netcode stress test!

(shameless plug )
    although you are a specialist in changing the subject, this time it did not work

EDIT: the boys want red meat
    Last edited by Pienoir; Nov-15-2018 at 12:14.

31. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post

From my side I see only one. You are talking only about future of Bo$ at ATAG server. If not, may be choose another thread to talk about future of CloD? Is not it?

This thread is about ATAG setting up a BoS server, no? I'm trying to make the point that ATAG run a very good server! If they set up a BoS server I have no doubt it would be equally excellent and attract a wide audience. That wide audience can then also be shown the attractions of Cliffs and the work TFS is doing for it and the expansion - TF5 - that it is producing/has produced.

Set up an ATAG BoS server = bigger audience for the other things ATAG hosts = good for TFS.

On a personal note I will admit that my motivation in posting this is purely selfish. I'm only interested in flight sims. I care not for witches, wizards, dragons, shoot 'em ups, etc. Just flying. If TF5 fails and TFS folds, I have less to fly and I lose out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

So we get it, with the current state of things, ATAG alone doesn't have the resources to host a server with TF5 development, cool no big deal. I'm about solutions though so let me throw a couple of other ideas at the crowd here. There are fantastic servers who could be used as a meeting place on a regular basis. Imagine all those enemies and teammates you spent nights upon nights talking to on the ATAG TS where everyone was mature (usually). The friends you fought in SoW and the relationships you built which in many cases don't exist or have eroded as people have gone on their own directions. Can you imagine how great that would be...dudes getting shot down left and right because they're having a good enough time catching up with the old mates from the community? Just saying sounds great to me.

If you've spent anytime on the public servers in BOS you will notice a distinct difference in the behavior between the two communities, if you say I'm wrong, I'll respond and say play more because that is obviously a quantifiable fact.... that's a joke. Hahaha, Tough crowd, anyways... My vision would be a place we could all regularly play with a set of rules and people who set a shining example of the community. I just want a place where I can pretend to be a WW2 pilots and not deal with a bunch of people treating it ONLY like a game. Rant over. Cheers!

P.S. say I was Jeff Bezos, and you "had" the resources, would your response change?
    Last edited by darkside3/4; Nov-15-2018 at 15:55.

Leading USN Ace WWII
    34 Victories

34. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

I have been flying online sims since 1998. Not sure there is many I havent tried. What some of you are asking for is a fantasy. A fantasy that has been played out over and over again. Airwarrior, Red Baron, Aces High, Warbirds etc etc.

The fact is, the demographic of pilots has changed. Gaming in general I might say to some extent. Pilots who generally claim to others, "why wont you do this, why wont you do that? Have you considered?" are generally the ones without the will to get off their bums and do something themselves. You dont need to own a gaming server or a TS server to support the community and make ANY environment a positive one. In ye olde days, it was a regular occurence for flight sims to have people making large contributions by way of campaigns and operations to the community. Huge squadrons came together and invested in battles that started from the spark of an idea and grew into a community event. These were not rare, they were commonplace. Those pilots generally are the last to leave a sim. They hang on to long forgotten occurences, waiting for the return.

The BOS crowd have ineffective communications because they choose to. I imagine them to Xbox kids. Attention spans of gnats, no will to put in effort, no real sense of community building other than what effects their immediate needs. Its community is full of the "I want it now and I want it easy" (Grab another F4 while I look at the map and know EXACTLY where I am, Oh haha, look at that guy getting shot, I'll engage only when the enemy is totally distracted shooting my "teammate" down. Thats BOS's weakness. Thats why we shouldnt trade CLODs space for BOS. Not one pilot. Not one investment of energy. What we give there, we take away from here.

Is BOS fun? Yes, in a Crossword puzzle kind of way. Its something you can jump into for a quick fix. Does it have any real substance? Offline maybe, online no. Its vapourware, see through clingwap. It will be around for a while, it has a longevity with its playerbase because thats the demographic of the pilot. Younger, busy and less invested in overall community participation if it involves the investment of their own time.

CLOD, provides opportunity far in excess of that offered by BOS. We have people here prepared to do online campaigns, organise online operations, work behind the scenes coding or doing the menial administration work to get all members of the community together be it on their server or not. BOS does not have that. BOS has a lot of WarThunder pilots.

Everything, everyone above wants is here. YOU just have to get off your collective backsides and contribute. Come up with an idea, it doesnt have to be brilliant, the community takes it from there and no, its not TFS's job to make that happen.

Like BOS, play BOS. Like Clod, play Clod. But the history of online enthusiasts in multiple sims ROF, AH, AW, ..infinitim is the same. Those who believe will stay, those who do not will go. SOW is gone. Its DEAD. It was fun and now its no more. Even if SOW was to return, it wouldnt be the same. For the periods SOW ran, ATAG was empty. It wasnt about what server we were on, it was about someone getting off their backsides and creating and using the tools available to them on Clod. The SOW team, DD crowd, ACG, ATAG, TFS , TWC and others no doubt have all done it. Want change, make it happen.

Changing to another game using the resources of the existing one wont do it. You will kill one completely and the other will never have a hope of living up to the expectations you had from the gutting of the other.

An ATAG server in BOS will have pilots. The server will be in competition with some very established servers all with pilots similar to our own, loyal to their "group" You wont get all CLoD pilots in it. You wont see the bevy of Squadrons from CloDs glory days suddenly appear in the skies around you. They have moved on.

What you are asking for, is the death of CLoD. Go play BOS, get off your backsides and make it what you think it can become. No need for the rest of us to be dragged down the rabbit hole for a dream you wont put any energy into yourelves.

Yes, I play BOS. Its fun and its also weak. I accept it for what it is and I do CloD. My advice. Stop asking for disaster and start inputting something tangible into this community and build it from within.
    Last edited by SIA_Sp00k; Nov-15-2018 at 18:16.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

36. Dislikes darkside3/4 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    Come up with an idea, it doesnt have to be brilliant.
    ok FINE !!!

But it's your own silly fault !

Highseas Tour X....

now in planning.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@TWC_SpOOk, I apologise sincerely if I have put your nose out of joint by pointing out that your campaign - which I have absolutely no doubt has meant a great deal of hard work for yourself and the other TWC guys - has helped to drive down the numbers using Cliffs since it started.

https://steamcharts.com/app/754530#6m

As I have mentioned, Cliffs has sold in the region of two hundred thousand copies since its release back in 2011. TFS needs to sell fifteen thousand copies to keep going.

At the moment twenty-eight people in the whole wide world are playing Cliffs on their PCs. For the last thirty days an average of thirty-five people have had Cliffs running on their PCs.

I can't see that a well run BoS server is going to reduce those numbers. I can only see it bringing more people back into a forum and server within the sphere of Cliffs.

39. Dislikes QB.Creep disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    13.38 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    I have been flying online sims since 1998. Not sure there is many I havent tried. What some of you are asking for is a fantasy. A fantasy that has been played out over and over again. Airwarrior, Red Baron, Aces High, Warbirds etc etc.

The fact is, the demographic of pilots has changed. Gaming in general I might say to some extent. Pilots who generally claim to others, "why wont you do this, why wont you do that? Have you considered?" are generally the ones without the will to get off their bums and do something themselves. You dont need to own a gaming server or a TS server to support the community and make ANY environment a positive one. In ye olde days, it was a regular occurence for flight sims to have people making large contributions by way of campaigns and operations to the community. Huge squadrons came together and invested in battles that started from the spark of an idea and grew into a community event. These were not rare, they were commonplace. Those pilots generally are the last to leave a sim. They hang on to long forgotten occurences, waiting for the return.

The BOS crowd have ineffective communications because they choose to. I imagine them to Xbox kids. Attention spans of gnats, no will to put in effort, no real sense of community building other than what effects their immediate needs. Its community is full of the "I want it now and I want it easy" (Grab another F4 while I look at the map and know EXACTLY where I am, Oh haha, look at that guy getting shot, I'll engage only when the enemy is totally distracted shooting my "teammate" down. Thats BOS's weakness. Thats why we shouldnt trade CLODs space for BOS. Not one pilot. Not one investment of energy. What we give there, we take away from here.

Is BOS fun? Yes, in a Crossword puzzle kind of way. Its something you can jump into for a quick fix. Does it have any real substance? Offline maybe, online no. Its vapourware, see through clingwap. It will be around for a while, it has a longevity with its playerbase because thats the demographic of the pilot. Younger, busy and less invested in overall community participation if it involves the investment of their own time.

CLOD, provides opportunity far in excess of that offered by BOS. We have people here prepared to do online campaigns, organise online operations, work behind the scenes coding or doing the menial administration work to get all members of the community together be it on their server or not. BOS does not have that. BOS has a lot of WarThunder pilots.

Everything, everyone above wants is here. YOU just have to get off your collective backsides and contribute. Come up with an idea, it doesnt have to be brilliant, the community takes it from there and no, its not TFS's job to make that happen.

Like BOS, play BOS. Like Clod, play Clod. But the history of online enthusiasts in multiple sims ROF, AH, AW, ..infinitim is the same. Those who believe will stay, those who do not will go. SOW is gone. Its DEAD. It was fun and now its no more. Even if SOW was to return, it wouldnt be the same. For the periods SOW ran, ATAG was empty. It wasnt about what server we were on, it was about someone getting off their backsides and creating and using the tools available to them on Clod. The SOW team, DD crowd, ACG, ATAG, TFS , TWC and others no doubt have all done it. Want change, make it happen.

Changing to another game using the resources of the existing one wont do it. You will kill one completely and the other will never have a hope of living up to the expectations you had from the gutting of the other.

An ATAG server in BOS will have pilots. The server will be in competition with some very established servers all with pilots similar to our own, loyal to their "group" You wont get all CLoD pilots in it. You wont see the bevy of Squadrons from CloDs glory days suddenly appear in the skies around you. They have moved on.

What you are asking for, is the death of CLoD. Go play BOS, get off your backsides and make it what you think it can become. No need for the rest of us to be dragged down the rabbit hole for a dream you wont put any energy into yourelves.

Yes, I play BOS. Its fun and its also weak. I accept it for what it is and I do CloD. My advice. Stop asking for disaster and start inputting something tangible into this community and build it from within.
    TLDR, This wasnt meant as a cliffs vs box discussion my bro. I've already been told not to even bother with TWC by your own peeps since it aint worth it. As demonstrated you get defensive which is understandable but not constructive. He was right with the them vs us assessment, both games are great. Get back on topic, and realize that someone is trying to put the effort in, If you'd read the very civil comments until you entered.
    Last edited by darkside3/4; Nov-15-2018 at 20:50.

41. Dislikes QB.Creep disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

@TWC_SpOOk, I apologise sincerely if I have put your nose out of joint by pointing out that your campaign - which I have absolutely no doubt has meant a great deal of hard work for yourself and the other TWC guys - has helped to drive down the numbers using Cliffs since it started.

https://steamcharts.com/app/754530#6m

As I have mentioned, Cliffs has sold in the region of two hundred thousand copies since its release back in 2011. TFS needs to sell fifteen thousand copies to keep going.

At the moment twenty-eight people in the whole wide world are playing Cliffs on their PCs. For the last thirty days an average of thirty-five people have had Cliffs running on their PCs.

I can't see that a well run BoS server is going to reduce those numbers. I can only see it bringing more people back into a forum and server within the sphere of Cliffs.
    Arthur, its all good, I dont get upset about online opinions, thoughts etc and did not think you or anyone else in this thread was drawing specific reference to the TWC server activities. I do understand the comments you and others have made. But I also believe that this game or any other is what we the players make of it. Developers do code and code only goes so far. No matter how hard those boys work, there is always going to be someone who doesnt think its enough and they could have done more. At which point, its up to the rest of us to prove them wrong and use what is given to us, in whatever form it comes in, to bring out its best.
    We agree to disagree on a BOS server and the impact it will have on the remaining community. That said, its ATAG's choice to do either and as its their resources and activity, I wont be one to grumble at them if they try, irrespective of my opinion.

TF5 will have initial interest. People are waiting on it. How many remains to be seen. But att the end of the day when the code is released, it will be up to us as a community to make it a place worthy of keeping those
    "peepers" in the game. A nice healthy player base number upon release will go some way to doing that.

Highseas, it will have Biplanes in it wont it?
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

43. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Dislikes darkside3/4 disliked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast