Thread: My Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

My Avatar

As some of you will have spotted, I recently changed my Avatar to a picture of a Great war soldier to mark the 100th anniversary of the ending of the conflict.

The soldier is my Great Grandfather, Private Robert Smith,who was killed at Ypres on 21st March 1918.

I have just been sent this by a family member, which gives a bit more information about him.

47067108_10216313392203340_7759799464738422784_n.jpg

Just thought I would share with you all, and I would be interested to know of any of your ancestors who fought in any of the conflicts of the 20th century.

We will remember them

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    506.15 MB

Re: My Avatar

A Tribute to Those Who Served

Perfect Lase...~S~
    "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.'' - Bertrand Russell
    1.618 - You know this number?
    My Turing machine :CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz Sandybridge, Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme -Z Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) PCI-Express DDR3,
    RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Dual Channel Kit, Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4096MB GDDR5, OS:Windows 10
    Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder II ForceFeedback Joystick, Throttle: CH Products Pro Throttle
    ATAG_Lewis Youtube Channel

3. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Combat pilot No.119_Marshy (VK-M)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

great grandfather drove ambulances during WWI, after which he set up a taxi service during the inter-war period. He knew every pub in the South of England!
    both grandfathers served in the RAF in WWII. One serviced Dakotas and Hurricanes in India and Burma, whilst the other one was a radio message interceptor at a Y station (Chicksands Priory in Bedforshire) working on mainly Italian intercepts.

5. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Thanks for the reply's.

I will link this thread in with Lewis's 'Those that served'. Didn't know there was a similar thread to this one already out there

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker