Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are you most looking forward to in Patch 5 Tobruk?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: What are you most looking forward to in Patch 5 Tobruk?

Well, I'm really looking for it to come out if it ever does, no mention of when, but by the looks of the updates another year or so.
    " any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts," Winston Churchill
    " He who never changes his mind, never changes anything,"
    Win 10 64||MSI MPG gaming z690 ddr4||i9x149000k|ddr4-64gb PC3200||RTX 4070-Ti||GAMEMAX 1300W PSUatx3,pcie5 |Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 7.1||ViRpiL,T50v2cm|moded MFG Crosswinds||T50Mth||G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseTorque10|| Reverb G2 VR / PiMax 8Kx
    32 Samsung|||

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.97 MB

Me harrassing the Italian Navy in my "whispering dead" from No. 252 Squadron based at Malta

3. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    353.94 MB

Just using somthing new

5. Likes IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    Well, I'm really looking for it to come out if it ever does, no mention of when, but by the looks of the updates another year or so.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
    What, you can't wait 2 weeks?
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

8. Likes 69th_Zeb, MrSteven, Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

...To not dogfighting against flying RAF space shuttles!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Werner " Blauer Teufel " Mölders View Post
    Don't really get that one but sounds funny

11. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Hi Mölders,

please, please for once try to fly a Hurricane or Spitfire and experience the utter frustration of fighting against ac that dives faster, climbs faster, rolls faster, is faster in horizontal flight and has way better armament with way more ammunition.

Flying red the only thing you can hope for is that your opponent makes a stupid mistake (and there are very few unexperienced pilots around), just to find that your 303 peashooters don't cause any real damage and run out of ammo within 14 seconds.

I don't think that such more or less hidden accusations of biased flight models are appropriate and much less justified.
    And why should TFS be biased?
    I know there is a considerable number of Germans/Austrians in the team and, like all the others, they just try their best to get the FM as correct as possible.

S!

DerDa

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,019.37 MB

Yes, I understand you, dogfighting with a 70 ton glider wouldn’t be so much fun. But I do not think that the Space Shuttle is on TFS list for 5.0, doesnt really fit in, although would be nice in Costal Command livery

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    938.46 MB

We haven't had to do that since 4.5

15. Likes ATAG_Flare liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Hi Mölders,

please, please for once try to fly a Hurricane or Spitfire and experience the utter frustration of fighting against ac that dives faster, climbs faster, rolls faster, is faster in horizontal flight and has way better armament with way more ammunition.

Flying red the only thing you can hope for is that your opponent makes a stupid mistake (and there are very few unexperienced pilots around), just to find that your 303 peashooters don't cause any real damage and run out of ammo within 14 seconds.

I don't think that such more or less hidden accusations of biased flight models are appropriate and much less justified.
    I know there is a considerable number of Germans/Austrians in the team and, like all the others, they just try their best to get the FM as correct as possible.

S!

DerDa
    My thoughts exactly

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

17. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    598.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    I thought I would start this just to see what folks like. I'm number 3 with the 109 Fs

1 The new planeset & name your favorites
    2 The Desert arena
    3 The whole package makes you want to jump up and down with joy
    4 You don't really care for the Desert arena but you like the new planeset
    A spit wit Cannons!!!!

19. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Ribbs View Post
    Sitting here thinking about the Martlet....Sitting on the Sandy runway..inline waiting to take off..with the sounds of engines surrounding me.. dust stiring up..the Sun beating down relentlessly. It's going to be great!
    Prop wash and dust..... Sun setting..... I hope they can work some magic, that would look glorious

11acd78e0eef69c1847e8e49da1b52c0.jpeg
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Dec-22-2018 at 15:42.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

21. Likes Pienoir liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.18 MB

Mysticpuma, damneeeed, that's some extreme example, looks more like a beach than an airstrip.
    I'd like to know where this picture has been taken. most of libyan airstrips were "hardened" or rather "compressed" but this one seems to be like a some fun strip for the pilots

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Hi Mölders,

S!

DerDa
    Strongly second this.

How anyone can fly Blitz and experience anything different than this description totally confuses me. And yet this is not the only time I've seen complaints of RAF aircraft having apparent 'superior' abilities. Sorry, I just don't see it.

Daz

24. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

For 5 I'm looking forward to new aircraft, new scenery and hope for a refreshed global interest.

Thanks TFS for all your efforts

Daz

26. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Laser, farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by badatflyski View Post
    Mysticpuma, damneeeed, that's some extreme example, looks more like a beach than an airstrip.
    I'd like to know where this picture has been taken. most of libyan airstrips were "hardened" or rather "compressed" but this one seems to be like a some fun strip for the pilots
    Here you go:

http://www.450squadronraaf.org.au/

Location of that very dust image is Gambut.

11acd78e0eef69c1847e8e49da1b52c0.jpeg

RAF Gambut (or RAF Kambut) is a complex of six abandoned military airfields in Libya, located about 5 kilometres (3 mi) north-northeast of the village of Kambut, and 50 kilometres (31 mi) east-south-east of Tobruk. During World War II, the complex was an important facility, used by the Royal Air Force and a large number of RAF squadrons were based there for a time.

So pretty close to Tobruk
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Dec-23-2018 at 15:42.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

28. Likes farley, badatflyski liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    94.18 MB

Yes, indeed, very close.
    thanks for the picture!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Looking forward to the new artwork as you start up the game too and also all of the general publicity...I just think it will be fun. Hope so anyway
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Jan-02-2019 at 04:28.

31. Likes LARRY69, danperin, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    146.38 MB

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

He100d :p
    “Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.” Friedrich Nietzsche.

Current rig: Ryzen 3600 ,16GB DDR4 3200 ram, 1TB Crucial NVMe, 500GB Samsung EVO, Seasonic platinum prime 750W, ASrock pro4, Vega56 VC, 2560x1440 144Hz Win10 64bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.04 MB

make a video on a P-40 flying over the dunes with Arabic music in the background ...!

35. Likes ATAG_Ribbs, IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    904.15 MB

I prefer the early war aircraft (and the early war scenario), so I'm very excited at getting a flyable Welly (where else can you get to sim-fly one of those?) and the thought of more Spitfire marques makes me go all gooey. Strapping on a Friedrich will be great too.

I'd really like it if they'd improve the AI radio comms and make some kind of user's guide to the FMB (that still totally stumps me - I can't even make a section of a/c take off and fly around ) but I can understand why those might be technically unfeasible or else get a low priority.

37. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

I also prefer the early war stuff as that has rarely been touched upon by any kind of serious simulation. Would love to see some more French aircraft to flesh out the BoF theatre but I guess the logical way is forward (1941, 1942, ...) and not backward. Having said that I look forward to CloD progressing into mid-war and maybe the arrival of a flyable heavy bomber at some point and some more exotic aircraft like Allison engined Mustangs (A-36?) & P-38s to go with the obvious Spits, 109s and 190s.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

ATAG_Flare.....Bug fixes, AI improvements, effects updates, FM updates, graphical improvements, the lot. In my opinion, any game should strive to produce quality of existing content rather than new content. Of course new content is awesome too (and it sells, that's why people are still interested) but the real meat of the update in my opinion will be the technical improvements to the sim, not the new planes.
    I second that.

I have zero interest in loads of sand, give me England any day, its why I bought this sim. BoB is big interest here in UK. We can relate to where things happened, go and visit crash sites etc, we back then fought to keep this green and pleasant land free of those who would despoil it and us.

At last a correct BoB sim, spit Mk1 as default, no more Mk2s unless specifically sought out,

desperate for RAF and Luft groundcrew as oh dear what were IL2 team thinking of ?

correct looking flying gear, no more peaked caps in cockpits and headsets, again, IL2 ??? what the F&^%.

Aircraft looking correct and complete, without blank tails, coded to allow accurate tail markings for third party coders to create, let users in countries where historical accurate markings are allowed, to decide if they want to be having them, IL2 allowed such to be possible, we have loads of books with them in, in side view profiles, which get sold worldwide, thats artwork just as this is, as is ability to put decals onto model aircraft, users choice. We won the BoB and with all the sacrifice we are free to choose.

Accurate awesome sound which will at long last really make this REAL !!! No lawnmowers and duff gun sounds.

no more frost for reflections.

Correct buildings , Belfast Truss hangers the iconic BoB hanger, we cant have a correct looking airfield yet, not the thing IL2 made. never understood the desire to focus on tanks and such and not get the basics right.

Flyable Dornier Do17Z.

Would love a Hampden to fly, and a Wimpy. Thats what we need, not sand.

Ability to have AI fly low on Epr210 low level raids etc, also Do17 on Kenley, all basic BoB stuff !

Fix the Spit cockpit a bit more, alter 37 to 48 gal gauge.

get the default colours right for 70 71 65.

Remove the golf ball sized dimples for rivets ruining the Do17Z.

Correct the Chain Home towers.

get the snow to be white not brown.

selectable skins for static planes like in 1946.

basic stuff !!!

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Jan-06-2019 at 16:39.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12