Thread: Christmas in Minnesota - Happy Holidays!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Christmas in Minnesota - Happy Holidays!

S!~
    Merry Christmas to everyone! We have snow and mistletoe, and presents on or near the tree, here in Minnesota. Our family has grown, with the children now being 21 , 18 , and 16. My wife and I ( Mr. and Mrs. Claus- though in better shape) still get up at 4:45-5am and put out the stockings- full of candies and trinkets- frapaccino's and muffins- and our kids still smile and laugh as they open each one of the hastily wrapped presents and show love for the season. We bake German oven apple pancakes- and pull out the crispy , thick cut pepper bacon, and now share a holiday blend coffee with our oldest two- as the youngest drinks the sweet Starbucks candy beverages. Our Chinese fake Christmas tree almost looks real in the soft light of the early morning- which my wife has decorated like a pro.
    After a many smiles- and always from me- a few tears- remembering my long past loved ones- of which the memories are touched on the smell of the panakuchen baking, the smokey bacon frying, and the crinkle of torn wrapping paper , we clean up . Ang and I watch as our soon to be grown children slink away into their own spaces, and both a soft sadness enters- as we know the babies are gone - and a growing hope comforts our aging hearts, we will remember these times- early, as the sun comes up- small gifts and great love for each other. I hope you all take time to remember days of Christmas past, and those that you spent time with , who you broke bread with , and who loved you with a gift. God bless you and yours today- and into two-thousand nineteen.

S!~ AKA_Blasto aka Tony
    Last edited by AKA_Blasto; Dec-12-2018 at 19:45. Reason: Spelling
    <a href=http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2895&dateline=1384197801 target=_blank>http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...ine=1384197801</a>

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Re: Christmas in Minnesota - Happy Holidays!

In Canberra Australia, we have fires, rain, sunshine and humidity this Christmas as we watch the north of the country engulf itself in cyclones. We shall be sure to check our boots and shoes for spiders each day and will be careful to tread lightly through our natural flora gardens so we dont get bitten by eastern brown or tiger snakes while tip toe’ing to our garages so we dont step in wet kangaroo poop. Christmas morn shall involve being woken around 5am by screaming kids, the room will be dark so the inevitable stagger out of bed shall be greated with a stubbed toe or a banged shoulder into a door frame. The lights will come on and uncomfortable sticky eyes shall squint out onto a room full of Christmas presents with corners torn open. The dogs will be loose creating mayhem amongst the presents and ever present loose or crushed Christmas baubles. The barking only matched by the screeching noises still emanating from the kids mouths.

I shall desperately reach for the cup drawer and flick the kettle on as caffeine sustainance shall be a required element of me surviving the first hour of the Christmas morning. The wife and I shall spend the next hour making suitable Christmas morning noises such as “ooh” and “ahh” followed by another hour of picking up loose Christmas paper wrap spread from one end of the house to the other. From this point until lunch, varied activities shall include looking for more AA size batteries, finding some toy the dogs have managed to cart away to its inevitable doom, talking to distant relatives on the phone, repeating the same Christmas greetings and changing the snapping family shots so our extended facebook family and friends dont miss out on our special moments of merriment and joy.

Lunch will likely be a BBQ on the back deck. The wife will ensure I am cooking, I shall no doubt have carted everything out there, shooed the dogs away from the hotplate no less than 50 times and have experienced at least one excruciating moment where bare feet have come into contact with some ridiculously sharp edged toy left on the deck.

By mid afternoon, I shall eaten at least 5 times that which I set out to. I shall have mixed this feast with several icy cold beers now threatening to revisit their former life outside of my body and I shall probably have had the same conversation with each of my neighbours at least 6 times. I shall then clean said Christmas lunch including the leftover dried gunk on the BBQ making me regret not having just said, lets have pudding.

I shall continue to clean up after Christmas morning and lunch for the remainder of the day, now having added the vacuum to my list of Christmas joys, I shall be in the couch with a distended stomach by 7pm and probably asleep my 8 swearing that next year it will be different.

My Aussie Christmas tree, aka the Gum tree out the front which I decorated with excess baubles unwanted by the tree inside, shall have activated its solar powered LED lights and shall glow like a barber pole throughout the night as I only had so many lights and I put them all up the trunk in a spiral. I shall give it one 0.02 second glance before crashing onto my pillow wishing once again, I didn’t bring out the beers.

Bring it Christmas, I am ready.
    Last edited by SIA_Sp00k; Dec-13-2018 at 02:40.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Brilliant stuff gents.

Blasto, You are one of my favourite personalities in our community. You and Spook have a very similar sense of humour - Blasto, your comms humour is in contrast to your great family orientated and seriously good post I must say. Made my day reading it. Thanksyou.

Spook speaketh the truth re our Aussie Christmas.

For those of us with blended families, enjoy the kid swapping 'joyfulness' at some point during the day.

Pattle - Pete.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    62.82 MB

Blasto I ment...

Must zoom in more when using the phone.. or can the ATAG web designer please separate the icons a tad more... Thanks

Great read from both... Now I feel hungry...

And a couple Xmas Photos...

snakex3.jpg
    Last edited by gonk; Dec-13-2018 at 16:16.

5. Likes SIA_Sp00k liked this post