Thread: Help. No in-games sounds when laptop docked to a monitor

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    58.16 MB

Help. No in-games sounds when laptop docked to a monitor

Hi there

After being really disappointed to be getting really poor performance/FPS with CLOD Blitz on my Lenovo AMD All-in-One (AIO) PC a while ago (previous post on FPS/Stuttering), I managed to get both IL2 CLOD Blitz and IL2 Battle of Stalingrad working fine on my son's laptop, which has a much better spec, with an Intel i5 chip, decent RAM and decent NVidia graphics card. Happy days - apart from straining my eyes on the small laptop screen.

So, I hooked the laptop up to my Lenovo AIO PC with an HDMI lead and used the bigger AIO PC as just a monitor (with the games running on the laptop). Works fine for IL2 Battle of Stalingrad (sounds issued by laptop, headset plugged into this). However, no in-game sounds whatsoever when running CLOD!!! Just when I thought I had this sorted. Aaaargh!!!

Anyone else had similar experience/problem with sound when connecting laptop to larger monitor? Any suggestions? Seems specific to CLOD but not BOS (which is odd)

Many thanks

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Re: Help. No in-games sounds when laptop docked to a monitor

Which computer are you trying to get the sound to work on? It might be trying to route the audio through the HDMI cable to the AIO machine, try changing the speaker selection on the volume icon in the Windows bar on the laptop to 'Headphones' when they are plugged in and give it a go.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    58.16 MB

(RESOLVED)Re: Help. No in-games sounds when laptop docked to a monitor (RESOLVED)

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_kiwiflieger View Post
    Which computer are you trying to get the sound to work on? It might be trying to route the audio through the HDMI cable to the AIO machine, try changing the speaker selection on the volume icon in the Windows bar on the laptop to 'Headphones' when they are plugged in and give it a go.
    Top man! You were spot on. Many thanks

4. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: Help. No in-games sounds when laptop docked to a monitor

Quote Originally Posted by mcbailey1 View Post
    Hi there

After being really disappointed to be getting really poor performance/FPS with CLOD Blitz on my Lenovo AMD All-in-One (AIO) PC a while ago (previous post on FPS/Stuttering), I managed to get both IL2 CLOD Blitz and IL2 Battle of Stalingrad working fine on my son's laptop, which has a much better spec, with an Intel i5 chip, decent RAM and decent NVidia graphics card. Happy days - apart from straining my eyes on the small laptop screen.

So, I hooked the laptop up to my Lenovo AIO PC with an HDMI lead and used the bigger AIO PC as just a monitor (with the games running on the laptop). Works fine for IL2 Battle of Stalingrad (sounds issued by laptop, pS4 headset plugged into this). However, no in-game sounds whatsoever when running CLOD!!! Just when I thought I had this sorted. Aaaargh!!!

Anyone else had similar experience/problem with sound when connecting laptop to larger monitor? Any suggestions? Seems specific to CLOD but not BOS (which is odd)

Many thanks

Mark
    Which computer are you trying to get the sound to work on???