Thread: Can this bad default skin be accessed now that we have access to part of the sim ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Can this bad default skin be accessed now that we have access to part of the sim ?

Hi,
    Ju88 is overgrimed, here is the upper surface compared to other Luft a/c.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This should be applied by weathering slider if user wants this much mess., not given as the start artwork.
    Lovely aircraft and my skins spoilt with this mess.
    Can we now get at this default layer and tone it down to be like the He111 or Do17Z etc ?
    Weathering is set to zero for all these pics.
    Its altering the skin colours in areas I need to sample as well as despoiling the skins.

They must have had a different artist on this one.

How can I access this layer ? Something must be done to remedy this layer.

Cheers

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Jan-09-2019 at 14:57.

The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Can this bad default skin be accessed now that we have access to part of the sim

Short answer: You can't access that layer.

Long answer: We can alter them, but on the list of priorities, this is low. The amount of time it takes to alter the layers is mind-numbing and painstakingly dull. Here is the -88 and -87 next to each other. This is one of a handful of textures that would need to be edited by hand.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.01.11 - 07.17.47.47.png

3. Likes thee_oddball liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Re: Can this bad default skin be accessed now that we have access to part of the sim

Hi,

That is excellent news for me , as thats dead easy, if thats black/white art and not some strange channel, or if its black and transparent.

I am only after sorting out the Ju88 grime, (and Do17Z rivets). Ju87 is ok.
    If thats a channel as per Pshop I am familiar with channels. I just need to know the colour space, I presume its sRGB. and any other rules those layers require.

I am able and willing to edit that layer, a days work there. In fact if I can receive that for this weekend I can get that done and returned in a day.

I was to be trying to remove the golf ball size rivets on the Do17Z all through this weekend, now if that Do17Z rivet layer I can also have, then the days of work trying to fix the rivets by introducing an inverse shade to counteract the highlight shadow could be instead spent editing those layers and the rivets.

If I do so and its inspected and passes muster, i.e is ok'd as the required standard, can that be fed back into Blitz and 4.312 so I can fly my skins I am making without that mess ? or do I personally have to wait for TF5 before benefitting from it ?

If 4.312 and blitz could accept it, that would be most welcome., if 3.1 then fantastic, as 3.1 gives true reflections and colour appearance on skins. My stills will use 3.1 but it displays colours differently than 4.312 so another set of skins needed.

I today have made a breakthrough and have the 70 71 almost spot on to match Merrick, CoD needs noise adding to colours, now sussed that as well. It will not play to normal colour editing rules, darken a colour by hsl 0 0 -1 (hue 0 saturation 0 lightness -1) and its hue instead changes to more a blue-green and loses the yellow content !

I am just tweaking rlm65 again and trying to better even more my rlm70, but I am sort of over that hurdle and now will be skinning. Until CoD shows some other quirk.

Can you send me the layers, and the Do17Z rivet layer as well ?

PM me for email details etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 69th_Spiritus_Mortem View Post
    Short answer: You can't access that layer.

Long answer: We can alter them, but on the list of priorities, this is low. The amount of time it takes to alter the layers is mind-numbing and painstakingly dull. Here is the -88 and -87 next to each other. This is one of a handful of textures that would need to be edited by hand.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.01.11 - 07.17.47.47.png
    Last edited by BOBC; Jan-12-2019 at 07:06.

5. Likes thee_oddball liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

No, the private files are not available for non-TF members.

We'll look at whether the skin needs to be adjusted.

We are in the process of creating the Ju-88A-4 and A-5 as well as the Ju-88C-1/C-2/C-6, and their skins need to be redone, so we will look at it at that time.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jan-12-2019 at 15:33.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    No, the private files are not available for non-TF members.

We'll look at whether the skin needs to be adjusted.

We are in the process of creating the Ju-88A-4 and A-5 as well as the Ju-88C-1/C-2/C-6, and their skins need to be redone, so we will look at it at that time.
    The amount of time it takes to alter the layers is mind-numbing and painstakingly dull.
    Sounds like you could do with some help. I could do that Ju88A1 skin.
    I presume I wouldnt get to see the result until T5 is launched though.
    If you need help on it let me know. Else someone else will be doing this mind-numbing work.
    I could have it done now. No promises until I get to know fully of what rules the file plays to. Then you have it for the A1 as well as A4 etc etc.
    Might TF consider extra help, more hands make less work. Outsourcing helped win WW2 in the UK and spread the target beyond one mission !
    I presume TF members have to sign something as they are accessing files that have restrictions on them, I am happy to that, and I wish to help.
    I have other subjects I wish to help on as well. The more members working when time allows on things the better, surely ?

BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Jan-12-2019 at 20:51.