Thread: Problem with Launcher64.exe

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    172.01 MB

Problem with Launcher64.exe

Today morning I was searching this forum for single missions to install and downloaded the file ReleaseV7.rar from the thread thread 'Fighter Command Dynamic Campaign V5'. After I unpacked this file I received a virus alert from my anti-virus (AVAST) and restarted the system following a sugestion from my anti-virus. After that I run the anti-virus and found nothing, but I still could not run IL-2 CloD Blitz.

I uninstalled and reinstalled IL-2 CloD Blitz for two or three times but after a while the installation is paused and I received this message from Steam:

------------------------
    Steam - Error

An error ocurred updating IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover (blocked content file)
    C:\Fly\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe

See Steam support site for more information
    ------------------------

After that the installation is paused and it goes no further. If I click to restart the installation I receive the same message above...

If someone knows whats the problem, please I will be greatefull for some tips to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

IMKozhedub

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Re: Problem with Launcher64.exe

Looks like AVAST is thinking Launcher64.exe has a virus in it. Avast is now blocking any access to this file, so it keeps you from re-installing.

You could try and re-install Cliffs while is Avast disabled/switched off ...
    Or maybe have Avast ignore Launcher64.exe, tell Avast it is not a suspect (Not sure how to do that in Avast though... )

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

I know that it is harmless - I have compiled it myself

Not one scanner on virustotal.com considers it suspicious - not even Avast itself. I'd say probably a heuristic false positive Avast has a temporary problem with (you're the second reporting this) and I'd recommend to follow DD_FT's advice and mark it as trustworthy for now.

4. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

My AVAST also regarded the Launcher64.exe as infected and moved the file into the the "Virus-Container". Just open AVAST and go to "Protection/Virus-Container", click on the entry "Launcher64.exe" and choose the option "Move back and add exclusion".
    This way you don't have to bother with it anymore. Of course, this is only an option if you trust TFS 4.54.

6. Likes DD_FT liked this post