Thread: Limit fps

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    498.76 MB

Limit fps

Hi,
    With the new Nvidia drivers we can use the FreeSync technology of the monitor.People recommend to limit fps to the maximum frequency of the monitor (about 3 fps less)
    Is there any way to limit fps in the game (editing some archive) without other programs?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

Re: Limit fps

My advice in case you do not have a software such as afterburner to use in the Nvidia control panel the vertical sync function adaptive half refresh rate.
    If you have a 60 Hz monitor, you will get 30 fps constant. I get the same result by limiting frame rates with PALIT's Thunderstorm.

COD v. 4.55 - Intel I5 2400 3.1 Ghz- 8 Gb Ram - Asus Gtx 1050 2 Gb -
    EdTracker-T.16000 -Win10

3. Likes addict liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I always found that enabling fast sync in the nvidia control panel worked very well for me.

Then I bought a G-sync monitor... and it definitely works well with fast sync enabled!!

From eveything I have read though it seems to be very much a case of find your own settings...

Happy hunting !

'Seas

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

5. Likes Baffin, addict liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.59 MB

Not all FreeSync monitor work well with Nvidia GSync. Only GTX1000 Series and newer RTX only, so research before you buy.
    https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...-nice-together

I used frame limiter, to around 75 fps, from RiverTurner/MSI to keep my GTX1080 temperature below 80°C.
    Last edited by Kwings714; Jan-21-2019 at 01:28.
    Weapons of choice
    MS Force Feedback 2, Saitek Rudder, Nvidia GTX 1080 (Reference Design), AMD Ryzen 2200g (3.95 Ghz OC Game Mode) Asrock B450 iTX/AC, 16G GSkill 3200 Mhz @14 CAS
    OpenTrack and DIY Head-Tracker (Wire) https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28730 (Many thanks to OpenSource Contributer) 'S

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    418.15 MB

Hi guys, I changed the graphics card model from a gtx 750 1gb to a gtx 1050 2gb. I then noticed keeping the previous video settings (res. Video 1600x900) that I can get 60 fps but in some quick missions the frame also drops to 40 and then back up to 60. Horrible. So I preferred to limit the frame to 30 and bring the resolution to 1920x1080 60 hz. The fluidity is excellent and this is what I was looking for, without going crazy with particular settings of the Nvidia panel.
    Last edited by Startrek66; Mar-19-2019 at 07:45.

8. Likes Little Bill liked this post