Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long time lurker. Now massively out of pocket dissappointed and thinking of quitting.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.30 MB

Long time lurker. Now massively out of pocket dissappointed and thinking of quitting.

Hello Everybody.

What do you have that I don't? Luck?

Ever since the game came out all those years ago, I have wanted toplay it. Finally I can afford a machine with all the specs needed (and some) to do so. I bought CloD the first release and it would not load beyond a splash screen and all I got was a message saying missing .dll file. Never resolved that, but since clearly it was a failed product I knew it wasn't me. So I waited and waited and waited.

Now I hear Blitz works fine (minor niggles only)

So by now, my PC is a bit obsolete. So I upgrade to:

i7 8800k overclocked to 4.6ghz with a Corsair water cooler
    32GB DDR4 2133mhz memory
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti 8GB GDDR5 AMP Extreme
    500GB M2 SSD
    3 Tb HDD
    750w Corsair PSU

Now I think you'd agree that's a machine that should be able to handle demanding flight sims. It can. DCS is all ultra/excellent/very high without any stutter. FSX is everything to right on max (and still looks shit if you ask me, I'm binning that for XPlane 11 soon) and IL2:1946, an oldie but goldie runs on excellent settings.

Now CloD Blitz looked promising when I loaded it just 3 hours ago. All its defaults were High/Maximum on installation and setup.

And then we get to the controls.

Painstakingly set up key commands (why do I bother?) and then go to axes. Usually the simple bit, bit of trial and error and tweak a few curves.

But I get one line of text/pathway, but can edit or amend it of create similar line for other button on throttle quadrant or sliders or joystick. So i I went into the game and watched my beautifully rendered and detailed cockpit with all it's dials spinning down as I plunge into a power dive. The sky looked brilliant, the clouds too and the rapidly rushing up ground.

I disconnected my stick, started again logged out and in again etc, but nothing has changed. The stick is about 10 years old, but AFAIK it has no faults and works as usual on other games.

Does anybody know what I can do? I've searched here and tried one solution that doesn't work and one that is no longer usable as the menu option does not appear in any setup mode I could find. Replace drivers?

Help. Please.

PS: I've just found out my TrackClip Pro might not work either. That's U/S as I broke the camera last week and I awaiting a new one.
    PPS: Is IL2:BoS having these issues? Apparently not.

RSVP from Polar Bear One

EDIT: Running v4.54, fully patched from Steam
    Last edited by Polar_Bear_One; Jan-20-2019 at 14:29.

2. Likes Kendy for the State liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Long time lurker. Now massively out of pocket dissappointed and thinking of quitt

Hello Polar Bear

To confirm, did you read the "Beginners Guide"?

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...t=5058&p=52711

Please scroll down to "Input Devices".

Your joystick axes are set up in a separate section from the input keys.

If you continue to have a problem with joystick recognition, please be sure to see the Technical Section on the 1C forum... scan through the topics... there are multiple posts which detail common joystick recognition problems and fixes:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum...al-assistance/

As one example, Steam can cause problems if you have the "Generic GamePad Configuration Support" box checked in Steam Controller settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Polar_Bear_One View Post
    Hello Everybody.

What do you have that I don't? Luck?

Ever since the game came out all those years ago, I have wanted toplay it. Finally I can afford a machine with all the specs needed (and some) to do so. I bought CloD the first release and it would not load beyond a splash screen and all I got was a message saying missing .dll file. Never resolved that, but since clearly it was a failed product I knew it wasn't me. So I waited and waited and waited.

Now I hear Blitz works fine (minor niggles only)

So by now, my PC is a bit obsolete. So I upgrade to:

i7 8800k overclocked to 4.6ghz with a Corsair water cooler
    32GB DDR4 2133mhz memory
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti 8GB GDDR5 AMP Extreme
    500GB M2 SSD
    3 Tb HDD
    750w Corsair PSU

Now I think you'd agree that's a machine that should be able to handle demanding flight sims. It can. DCS is all ultra/excellent/very high without any stutter. FSX is everything to right on max (and still looks shit if you ask me, I'm binning that for XPlane 11 soon) and IL2:1946, an oldie but goldie runs on excellent settings.

Now CloD Blitz looked promising when I loaded it just 3 hours ago. All its defaults were High/Maximum on installation and setup.

And then we get to the controls.

Painstakingly set up key commands (why do I bother?) and then go to axes. Usually the simple bit, bit of trial and error and tweak a few curves.

But I get one line of text/pathway, but can edit or amend it of create similar line for other button on throttle quadrant or sliders or joystick. So i I went into the game and watched my beautifully rendered and detailed cockpit with all it's dials spinning down as I plunge into a power dive. The sky looked brilliant, the clouds too and the rapidly rushing up ground.

I disconnected my stick, started again logged out and in again etc, but nothing has changed. The stick is about 10 years old, but AFAIK it has no faults and works as usual on other games.

Does anybody know what I can do? I've searched here and tried one solution that doesn't work and one that is no longer usable as the menu option does not appear in any setup mode I could find. Replace drivers?

Help. Please.

PS: I've just found out my TrackClip Pro might not work either. That's U/S as I broke the camera last week and I awaiting a new one.
    PPS: Is IL2:BoS having these issues? Apparently not.

RSVP from Polar Bear One

EDIT: Running v4.54, fully patched from Steam
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jan-20-2019 at 15:53.

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Dislikes Polar_Bear_One disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Re: Long time lurker. Now massively out of pocket dissappointed and thinking of quitt

Hello PBO.

Welcome, and first and foremost, don't give up here!

Excellent bunch on ATAG and someone will get you sorted out.

I think that you are saying that when you try to input a new command withing the Axes settings the command you are trying to put in is being overwritten.

If that is the case, I am not sure how to change it because it happens to me as well.

When trying to move the joystick to put in the aileron command for example, another command (such as the elevator command) pops into the box first.

When that happens i just keep trying to input the aileron until it finally does beat the other command that inserts itself.

If this is not what is happening, then explain again and maybe we can get it figured out.

I very much doubt it is related to this, but in the Realism section be sure to have the Anthroporphic Control unchecked.

Better yet, follow the advice of Buzz, because he is about a thousand times better at this stuff than I.

(I just throw out lame ideas instead of going to church.....)

Again, welcome, and good luck!
    Last edited by farley; Jan-20-2019 at 15:58.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by farley View Post
    Hello PBO.

I think that you are saying that when you try to input a new command withing the Axes settings the command you are trying to put in is being overwritten.

If that is the case, I am not sure how to change it because it happens to me as well.

When trying to move the joystick to put in the aileron command for example, another command (such as the elevator command) pops into the box first.

When that happens i just keep trying to input the aileron until it finally does beat the other command that inserts itself.

Again, welcome, and good luck!

The reason this happens is bad/jittery potentiometers in one or more of your controllers. When you try to assign an axis the game reads the first one it sees move...unfortunately a jittery pot moves all the time, and it can be frustrating trying to assign the one you really want. If you can figure out which pot(s) is causing the problem you can try moving it to a different position where it might be less jittery while you try to assign the axis. Because Joysticks get used the most, the X and Y axis, center position, are the most likely culprits, so if you move the joystick off center while trying to assign another controls you might have more success.
    If you re into building your own peripherals, the USB joystick controllers I've designed are built to filter out jitter to some extent, so bad pots don't have so much of an effect.

<Shameless plug here>

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A7A3ME8?ref=myi_title_dp
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079YLHFXY?ref=myi_title_dp
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

Shameless additional plug. Once that tax return comes in, I'm eyeballing one of Kendy's gizmos. No additional software needed requiring questionable hax from a foreign state. Works plugged in.

On my quadrant, I have three noisy Arduinos without RC circuits on the switches (35 switches with 4 rotary encoders) or capacitors on the rails (11 axes). Once Windows updates or I unplug anything, it's back to reconfiguring all of my bindings as well.

Don't give up though. I can still get my stuff bound after several tries. You can also save your bindings and open them in notepad for edit here: C:\Users"Your PC"\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\confUser.ini (or the name that you gave it)

Good luck.

8. Likes Polar_Bear_One, farley liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.30 MB

This post requires you to click the Likes button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Dislikes button to read this content.

10. Likes danperin, 69th_Zeb, farley liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.30 MB

This post requires you to click the Likes button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Dislikes button to read this content.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Last edited by TWC_Fatal_Error; Jan-20-2019 at 23:26.
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

13. Likes ATAG_Soldat, 69th_Zeb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jan-21-2019 at 00:44.

15. Likes SIA_Sp00k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.59 MB

Weapons of choice
    MS Force Feedback 2, Saitek Rudder, Nvidia GTX 1080 (Reference Design), AMD Ryzen 2200g (3.95 Ghz OC Game Mode) Asrock B450 iTX/AC, 16G GSkill 3200 Mhz @14 CAS
    OpenTrack and DIY Head-Tracker (Wire) https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28730 (Many thanks to OpenSource Contributer) 'S

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.30 MB

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.30 MB

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.30 MB

Last edited by Polar_Bear_One; Jan-21-2019 at 11:05.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.30 MB

Last edited by Polar_Bear_One; Jan-21-2019 at 13:40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    447.92 MB

Last edited by ATAG_Monkeynut; Jan-21-2019 at 16:46.

23. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jan-21-2019 at 20:43.

26. Likes farley, Baffin liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.30 MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the Likes button to see Attachments.
    • This post requires you to click the Dislikes button to see Attachments.

30. Likes RAF74_Buzzsaw, Little Bill, rontaila liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.30 MB

Last edited by Polar_Bear_One; Jan-31-2019 at 16:51.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jan-31-2019 at 16:55.

33. Likes Little Bill, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    447.92 MB

35. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    32GB RAM
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

40. Likes ATAG_Soldat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    447.92 MB

42. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.30 MB

44. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger, farley liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast