Thread: Its always something, Joystick/Hotas wont work

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Its always something, Joystick/Hotas wont work

Well, fix one problem and another one crops up. So now I cant get my TM16000 Joystick and 16000Throttle to work, worked fine pre blitz update...not sure whats going on, I have installed keyboard/mouse, joystick/throttle and Track IR as far as USB applications are concerned..I did disable xbox game pad configuration in the steam global settings...anyone have any ideas? Never had a problem before with the joystick, when I go to set up joystick/throttle settings its just giving me a box to change "keyboard assignments" not x/y/z axis..etc..Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Its always something, Joystick/Hotas wont work

If you go to the link below there are a number of posts which details solutions to joystick issues:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum...al-assistance/

Also see if this works:

Open 'Settings' in Microsoft, then go to 'Devices', then to the column on the right for 'Devices and Printers' and then right click your joystick... (assuming it is there) and then select 'Game Controller Settings' Check to see if the joystick is listed as 'Ok'. If you are using two controllers, click on 'Advanced' make sure the joystick is the first item listed... "Preferred"... if it is the second, then Microsoft and the game will only program Axes from the first preferred controller.
    Last edited by RAF74_Buzzsaw; Jan-22-2019 at 02:27.

3. Likes priller26 liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Thanks but my HOTAS works fine with IL2 Sturmovik BOS...its just not working with CLoD, but I will give the threads a read. p.s. i have already unchecked xbox/gamepad configuration support and my steam setting do show the devices TM16000 HOTAS, they just cannot be configured in the CLoD blitz settings..running out of options here.
    Last edited by priller26; Jan-22-2019 at 02:31.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    If you go to the link below there are a number of posts which details solutions to joystick issues:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum...al-assistance/

Also see if this works:

Open 'Settings' in Microsoft, then go to 'Devices', then to the column on the right for 'Devices and Printers' and then right click your joystick... (assuming it is there) and then select 'Game Controller Settings' Check to see if the joystick is listed as 'Ok'. If you are using two controllers, click on 'Advanced' make sure the joystick is the first item listed... "Preferred"... if it is the second, then Microsoft and the game will only program Axes from the first preferred controller.
    I went into device settings, both joystick and throttle are shown and listed as "OK", I can go into each device and calibrate the x,y,z axis and all buttons on the joystick, and calibrate the throttle and all its buttons within windows, current drivers are installed for both devices. On a hunch I disconnected the throttle, leaving only the TM16000 joystick, and also made sure it was the "preferred" device, still not working..thanks for your help, I do appreciate it, the joystic and throttle are recognized and work fine in IL2 Sturmovik BOS, just CLOD Blitz is not recognizing them as present or adjustable. Im only given the option to configure buttons on the mouse and keyboard, that is all....going to take a Xanex break
    Last edited by priller26; Jan-22-2019 at 02:46.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

P.S. I just tried and unplugged my keyboard, leaving only my mouse as a usb device thinking maybe that would trick the game into allowing me to configure the joystick/hotas, it did not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

This thread has been moved... please post your technical questions in the Technical Corner in future.

-----

Are you programming in the Thrustmaster software or in the game?

You cannot just program in the 3rd party software... you need to go into the game and enter the inputs.

So, although this may seem redundant, and with all due respect, but just to confirm once again how to program the AXES:

- Start the game

- Select 'Options'

- Select 'Controls'

- From the drop down tab in the center of the screen select 'Aircraft'

- From the drop down tab at top left of the screen select 'AXES'

- The first three elements in the column are 'Aileron', 'Elevator' and 'Rudder'.

- On the right of the 'Aileron' row is a 'Command' box. Double click on it.

- Now move your joystick left in the same way you would to use your ailerons. The Joystick should be recognized and come up as an entry in the 'Command' box. Click OK, and Accept.

- Follow the same steps with the 'Elevator' and 'Rudder' lines... moving the Joystick as if you were using the elevator, and the twist rudder as if you were using it. (or press on your rudder pedals)

Be careful not to trigger any other key or move your mouse after you have double clicked on the Command box... if you do, it will accept that key or the mouse as the input.

- Continue and program your throttle and brakes using the 'Throttle' or 'Brakes' lines further down the list. (if you have rudder pedals you can program right and left brakes... be careful to use the correct AXES for the brakes, not pushing the rudder, but instead, using the throttle tilt)

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

This thread has been moved... please post your technical questions in the Technical Corner in future.

----

Just wanted to confirm you are programming your inputs in the game... not just through the Thrustmaster software?

Because you cannot do that... you need to input your controls manually through the game.

So, although this may seem redundant, and with all due respect, but just to confirm once again how to program the AXES:

- Start the game

- Select 'Options'

- Select 'Controls'

- From the drop down tab in the center of the screen select 'Aircraft'

- From the drop down tab at top left of the screen select 'AXES'

- The first three elements in the column are 'Aileron', 'Elevator' and 'Rudder'.

- On the right of the 'Aileron' row is a 'Command' box. Double click on it.

- Now move your joystick left in the same way you would to use your ailerons. The Joystick should be recognized and come up as an entry in the 'Command' box. Click OK, and Accept.

- Follow the same steps with the 'Elevator' and 'Rudder' lines... moving the Joystick as if you were using the elevator, and the twist rudder as if you were using it. (or press on your rudder pedals)

Be careful not to trigger any other key or move your mouse after you have double clicked on the Command box... if you do, it will accept that key or the mouse as the input.

- Continue and program your throttle and brakes using the 'Throttle' or 'Brakes' lines further down the list. (if you have rudder pedals you can program right and left brakes... be careful to use the correct AXES for the brakes, not pushing the rudder, but instead, using the throttle tilt)

Thanks for the input...this is exactly how I have attempted to configure the joystick last night..probablh two dozen times...and I went through each and every step again today just to make sure I was not missing something, I am setting up the joystick through the game and not any third party software. When I double click on the command for the appropriate axes assignment, you will see I highlighted your text, instead of the joystick being recognized and showing an entry in the command box, it brings up the box which opens to prompt for a KEY assignment (I will post a picture)..it does not, unfortunately, bring up anything related to the joystick and the normal slider one would expect to see, I will take a picture, is there anything in the game software itself, a folder or something in documents, I can adjust to work around this? I simply cant fly with a keyboard..I'll keep working on it though. In the pic below, you will see that double clicking on the elevator, rudder or any axes The Joystick is NOT recognized and come up as an entry in the 'Command' box. Click OK, and Accept.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by priller26; Jan-22-2019 at 17:28.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

I am now doing a full uninstall and clean reinstall of the game...just to give this a chance.

10. Likes QB.Creep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by priller26 View Post
    I am now doing a full uninstall and clean reinstall of the game...just to give this a chance.
    Please delete all folders for CoD prior to re-install... including the folders in 'Documents/1C SoftClub/'.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

(.....) you will see I highlighted your text, instead of the joystick being recognized and showing an entry in the command box, it brings up the box which opens to prompt for a KEY assignment (I will post a picture)..it does not, unfortunately, bring up anything related to the joystick and the normal slider one would expect to see, (...)
    The moment the box pops up is the moment you move the appropriate control, and once you move it, it will show up. Well, it should show up...

(Your description of your actions looks so nicely complete, but this one step is missing in it. Did you move the control once the box was up? The box does state 'KEY' but that's not an issue... just adding this - just in case ... )

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    The moment the box pops up is the moment you move the appropriate control, and once you move it, it will show up. Well, it should show up... Yes the box does show up

(Your description of your actions looks so nicely complete, but this one step is missing in it. Did you move the control once the box was up? The box does state 'KEY' but that's not an issue... just adding this - just in case ... )
    Yes the box does show up and it is at this time when I move the joystick in the direction for the appropriate axes ...however nothing relating to the axes shows up in the command box.

14. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Please delete all folders for CoD prior to re-install... including the folders in 'Documents/1C SoftClub/'.

I deleted ALL files in the documents folder and the C steampapps/common/cliffs of doverblitz folders...interesting...even after fresh install when I go to select a player plane paint scheme..the "weathering" slider is still all the way to the right, where it was PRIOR to the game uninstall...is there some ini file or something in the registry I need to delete? I really want to play this game, again, as my pc is new, gpu/cpu have now caught up to the game, when it first came out, the issues with the game itself and such were not ideal, but the game was then and is still in my opinion the most graphically and technically accurate flight sim, its a joy to play...and this is the first time EVER I've had an issue configuring joystick with this game, I just took it as granted that this would work fine.
    Last edited by priller26; Jan-22-2019 at 18:29.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Just installed a new flight sim well not new but wasnt on my hard drive,, Elite Dangerous, a space flight sim but a flight sim none the less, I can configure my HOTAS....joystick/throttle TM16000 with no problem, all devices recognized and working and can be properly configured through the ingame control settings. I dont think the issue in CLoD Blitz lies with my PC or hardware or flight devices, and have not idea what to try next. Can anyone here use a TM16000 successfully?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

I deleted ALL files in the documents folder and the C steampapps/common/cliffs of doverblitz folders...interesting...even after fresh install when I go to select a player plane paint scheme..the "weathering" slider is still all the way to the right, where it was PRIOR to the game uninstall...is there some ini file or something in the registry I need to delete? I really want to play this game, again, as my pc is new, gpu/cpu have now caught up to the game, when it first came out, the issues with the game itself and such were not ideal, but the game was then and is still in my opinion the most graphically and technically accurate flight sim, its a joy to play...and this is the first time EVER I've had an issue configuring joystick with this game, I just took it as granted that this would work fine.
    Your game is clearly retaining some files which you need to find and delete.

- Confirming you deleted the entire "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder in your 'Documents/1C SoftClub/' folder prior to doing your re-installs?

- Where is the CoD program installed? Is it on another drive besides 'C'? If it is on another drive besides C it might not run correctly. Was it on another drive besides 'C' at any time? In either case, make sure all files were deleted before re-installing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Are you using a 3rd party program to swap which Joystick/controllers you are using or which is preferred?

If that is a 32 bit program, it will not work with CoD.

3rd party programs do not work well with CoD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

After going back over this thread, I see you originally had the game installed on your H drive.

It would seem a possibility to me windows/Thrustmaster joystick controller may be pointing to the H drive and not looking at C.

Another Question:

Are you using Thrustmaster software to program your HOTAS?

Is that software 32 bit? Because 32 bit software does not work with CoD.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

After going back over this thread, I see you originally had the game installed on your H drive.

It would seem a possibility to me windows/Thrustmaster joystick controller may be pointing to the H drive and not looking at C.......
    Another Question:

Are you using Thrustmaster software to program your HOTAS?

Is that software 32 bit? Because 32 bit software does not work with CoD.

Hello Buzzsaw, no not using any thrustmaster programs to program the sotware, just using their new drivers..which allow me to calibrate the range of motion of the stick..I dont use it to program buttons or to affect the axis curves...i used these same HOTAS with the old Blitz and it worked fine. I have other flight sims installed on my H Drive and C which work just fine with my joystick I also cant see any old remnants of CLoD on the H Drive. Im a bit worn out trying things at the moment, maybe I will try deleting the game and all contents and documetns off the C drive and try back on the H Drive...see what if anything happens.
    Last edited by priller26; Jan-22-2019 at 23:04.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello Priller

Sorry we can't help you.

We have gone through all the potential issues we know of.

Other people are running the game with similar joysticks.

Good luck to you!

22. Likes No.119_Bruv liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    83.30 MB

Just installed a new flight sim well not new but wasnt on my hard drive,, Elite Dangerous, a space flight sim but a flight sim none the less, I can configure my HOTAS....joystick/throttle TM16000 with no problem, all devices recognized and working and can be properly configured through the ingame control settings. I dont think the issue in CLoD Blitz lies with my PC or hardware or flight devices, and have not idea what to try next. Can anyone here use a TM16000 successfully?
    Or a Saitek X52 pro either.

Mine is the same. Still can't input axes commands. Going to have one last attempt soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

I have a Saitek X52-pro joystick.Mine had also some problems with assigning/recognizing axis.What I did was give all the axis a big deadzone so they can not interfere wit the axis I want to asign.After asigning I removed the deadzone and it works like it should.To make it recognize the axis I had to move the stick very violently a few times.
    Last edited by Stormrider; Jan-26-2019 at 17:19.
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Priller downloaded the Target software and was able to get his axes to work.

26. Likes danperin, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Well, fix one problem and another one crops up. So now I cant get my TM16000 Joystick and 16000Throttle to work, worked fine pre blitz update...not sure whats going on, I have installed keyboard/mouse, joystick/throttle and Track IR as far as USB applications are concerned..I did disable xbox game pad configuration in the steam global settings...anyone have any ideas? Never had a problem before with the joystick, when I go to set up joystick/throttle settings its just giving me a box to change "keyboard assignments" not x/y/z axis..etc..Thanks.
    Thrustmaster users of TARGET Script Editor may also find help in the thread below:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=28355
    Last edited by Baffin; Jan-28-2019 at 10:39.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

28. Likes ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    634.51 MB

Hi,
    first of all I want to tell you my English is a google one. I do not know if you have solved the problem, but following Buzzsaw steps you need to get into the attached photo,after step 4 move the joystick on the selected axis and press OK, good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    First come ,last left
    My rig : Win 10 pro 64 bit; Mb Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO ,I5 11400F @4,2GHz,gc,GIGABYTE RTX 3070 TI 8 Gb,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 ,SSD Transcend 240 Gb, Gigabyte G32QC ,VKB Gladiator Pro,MMJOY2 home made pedals and gas , TrackIR 5. Steam ID: YR-DAN

30. Likes farley, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by rontaila View Post
    Hi,
    first of all I want to tell you my English is a google one. I do not know if you have solved the problem, but following Buzzsaw steps you need to get into the attached photo,after step 4 move the joystick on the selected axis and press OK, good luck

I'll just add step 6, which is be sure to hit "Apply" bottom, right of screen before leaving.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

32. Likes rontaila, ATAG_Lord Wukits liked this post
    Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.00 GB

Priller downloaded the Target software and was able to get his axes to work.

Yes but i still cant configure any of the buttons to work with the game, unless I create a totaly new custom script for the target software, which is not easy, I dont think its just me having issues with the joystick I do consider the target software a temp fix..I have never had issues with my joystick prior to this version install..and it still configures just fine with any other flight sim I have so the flightstick and its software is working properly not a usb problem a glitch with the hardware. Prior versions of Clod worked seamlessly with any joystick I threw at it.
    Last edited by priller26; Feb-05-2019 at 06:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    293.36 MB

Lightbulb Re: Its always something, Joystick/Hotas wont work

May I ask how many peripherals you have plugged into your computer? By this I mean, your mouse, TrackIR, rudders, switch panels, controllers(xbox or whatever).

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    58.95 MB

Unhappy Re: Its always something, Joystick/Hotas wont work

Hi there, I have the same problem with my THRUSTMASTER FLIGHT-T HOTAS X! It works without any problems with all other flight sims I have on Steam (e.g. CLOD, DCS). BUT!!! After installing "Il2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz" according to the insatllation recommendations here in this forum I still have the following problem (and only with the Blitz version!):

My joystick is obviously not recognized by CLOD Blitz. When I go to OPTIONS in order to manage my controls, I choose the plane / axis the menue opens. Thats okay so far. But when I want e.g. to define the aileron to the X-Axis of my joysick, NOTHING HAPPENS!
    I tried every recommendation I found in the WWW, but nothing helped! It slowly drives me mad! Team Fusion is doing a great work, but I know that I am not the only one with that problem. It would be very kind, if the Team Fusion would take care of those joystick problems. It is not an issue with steam or WIN 10 (because all othe flight sims work properly!).

Please Teame Fusion solve that problem!

Thank you very much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by joda View Post
    Hi there, I have the same problem with my THRUSTMASTER FLIGHT-T HOTAS X! It works without any problems with all other flight sims I have on Steam (e.g. CLOD, DCS). BUT!!! After installing "Il2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz" according to the insatllation recommendations here in this forum I still have the following problem (and only with the Blitz version!):

My joystick is obviously not recognized by CLOD Blitz. When I go to OPTIONS in order to manage my controls, I choose the plane / axis the menue opens. Thats okay so far. But when I want e.g. to define the aileron to the X-Axis of my joysick, NOTHING HAPPENS!
    I tried every recommendation I found in the WWW, but nothing helped! It slowly drives me mad! Team Fusion is doing a great work, but I know that I am not the only one with that problem. It would be very kind, if the Team Fusion would take care of those joystick problems. It is not an issue with steam or WIN 10 (because all othe flight sims work properly!).

Please Teame Fusion solve that problem!

Thank you very much!
    Try to set the game on Pseudo in the video options then retry
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals