Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update 01/21/13 WIP Video Contrails

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Re: WIP Video

That's awsome guys. Why couldn't 1C do this? Keep up the great work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Silverback and welcome to the forum!

There were a lot of things going on behind the scenes at Maddox Games/1C that I don't pretend to have all the background on. I honestly think the devs did what they could, but I am under the impression that they had all kinds of directives and priorities demanded of them so that they were continually behind the 8-ball at resolving anything. Factor in unexpected personnel changes, changes in direction, etc etc........

Enter Team Fusion. By all accounts a global team of dedicated and skilled programmers, supported by many "field soldiers" doing exhaustive and time-consuming beta testing. All this talent is headed up centrally and effectively managed to keep everyone on track, ideas and solutions worked out and shared, all facets of a growing team focussed on a single goal. What's telling is this is being done for......free! Cliffs of Dover is a passion for each of them, with the main objective of developing the most accurate flight model for each aircraft. The icing on the cake are the extras that we're starting to see in the "teaser" pics and videos. Outstanding!

I'm not on Team Fusion, so I'm on the outside trying to peer through the tightly-closed shutters like everyone else. Someone else here with more inside knowledge may refute what I've said above, but I don't think I'm too far off the mark.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Originally Posted by Mysticpuma

Surprised no-one mentioned the........nope, not just yet

==== The Reflections of the aft section of cockpit and clouds in the 109 ALT and Compess gauges ?? ====== just a Hunch ...

====================== Great Work / Well Done / and many Thanks =======
    Last edited by MOHAWK; Jan-22-2013 at 10:47.
    Win7 64 Bit /MB= ASUS P6X58D-E / CPU= I7-950@3.4ghz / MEM=12 gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 @ 1600 mhz Matched set-Triple Channel / PSU=Corsair AX750 Watts / GPU=EVGA GTX-580-1.5 Mb / sata HD @ 7200rpm / Monitor=Dell V2410 @ Native 1920x1200-- 59htz / Saitek-X52 Pro set (no pedals) - /TrackIR5 ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Long live TEAM FUSION..!!!
    Long Live IL-2..!!

You guys are rock stars!!

V

(BTW, wonder what Oleg thinks of his baby now..? )

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

What a pleasant surprise on a miserable winter's day to receive the e-mail that led me here. Jolly good show chaps.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

They look great Bliss, though already mentioned maybe a little more spread would be good.

You say 4xAA and 16XAF, how have you enabled this?

I dont get anymore than what looks like 2X AA and maybe 2XAF, nothing i change in game or in the CP affects what i see in game, really interested in how you have done it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

The biggest point in showing this was to show that contrails will now finally be seen by other players in the MP world and to obviously point out how the fighters are all happily flying around at high enough altitudes to have them in the 1st place.

Judging by what the magician has done already I think we all may see wingtip vortices from all other player planes as well. But I don't know that one yet.

The contrail itself, or the effects of it, aren't really a top priority at the moment (that can always be changed). Bugs are 1st and foremost, with the concerted effort on the FM itself. Then we can go from there.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    296.1 KB

And device link too! The goodieness just gets bigger and bigger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
    I think we all may see wingtip vortices from all other player planes as well
    Yep

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I just want to give a "thumbs up" for sending a newsletter about the progress of the update. This way everyone is informed about the current status without the necessity to check the forum regularly. Apart from that and regarding to your constant updates I of course check the forum daily anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Where can I get this newsletter or sign up for it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    457.02 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
    Where can I get this newsletter or sign up for it?
    I goofed. This was supposed to be an internal test to Team Fusion to see how the mass email function worked on the forums. To make sure it could be sent out at a later date. It seems like it went to everyone EXCEPT where it was actually supposed to go

So I have some work to do to fix that. But expect a real newsletter in the future.

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself". - Archibald Macleish

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

It was a good goof Bliss

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
    Awesome Mysticpuma. I thought you did not like CLOD though, or has Team Fusion saved the game for you?
    Hi Muesli. I have always loved Cliffs of Dover, in terms of ithe promises that were made, sadly as we all saw, many, many features, effects, FM, DM were never fixed after so many bug reports. There was never any doubt that the CloD graphics engine and detail is amazing, it's just that features that really should have been a priority to fix, were never even looked at by the Developer's in the official Bug fixing thread. It was so irritating that I just gave up with it. I mean, this software is far and away the bet sim ever released, and yet after years of 'fixing' barely anything was changed in the most reported issues.

Team Fusion are now taking this on and what makes it better is that there is no wage bill. This is being fixed, worked on, improved by a group of Flight Sim enthusiasts who actually want what everyone passionate of Sims wants, an authentic experience that works!

There is much work being done behind the scenes and a different, more detailed video has been completed, but with so many more features being added, there will be additions to be made to that video before release.

just think that what you have seen, honestly barely scratches the surface of what is going on behind closed doors. Truthfully there are problems,but didn't the 'Official' Dev's have those? We currently strive to give all those who want the 'proper' CloD to work, the product they always wanted. At least now, people with a passion for the subject can work on the features that really need fixing (where possible) and time will show that CloD really is the amazing software it promised to be

Quote Originally Posted by MadMacs View Post
    Altimeter @ near 9k m? o.0
    Eagle eyes MadMacs

Quote Originally Posted by MOHAWK View Post
    The Reflections of the aft section of cockpit and clouds in the 109 ALT and Compess gauges ?? ====== just a Hunch ...

====================== Great Work / Well Done / and many Thanks =======
    Shhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by =BKHZ=Furbs View Post
    They look great Bliss, though already mentioned maybe a little more spread would be good.

You say 4xAA and 16XAF, how have you enabled this?
    Hi Furbs, currently I have them enabled on my card to override any game setting. Now I know that in-game my graphics may not look like all these are enabled (especially AA ) but AF looks like it works fine? I also have FXAA enabled too.

There is still much work to be done.... keep the faith (Good to see you here Furbs )

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy1942 View Post
    Magnificent work, guys! On what computer this high-rise fight was tested?
    Asus P6X58D-E, Intel i7 950 at stock 3.07 Ghz (cos I don't know how to overclock ), 6Gb Corsair XMS Matched Memory at 1066Mhz (rated at 1600 but don't know how to overclock lol!) and an Asus 670 4GB Graphics card:
    http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX670DC24GD5/

Hope that helps? No super overclocks, just reasonable memory, CPu and card.

Cheers, MP

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Looks great guys just need to allow those trails to disipate quicker.

Hope they don't hit the FPS like other 2D sprites do.

HH.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    826.55 MB

Looks great,well done Team Fusion :¬)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Fantastic! This is just what this sim needs to survive. I was just thinking last week this sim is about to die out since the dev abandon the sim.
    But with new content i now got hope again

~S~
    Wandalen

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Hi Muesli. I have always loved Cliffs of Dover, in terms of ithe promises that were made, sadly as we all saw, many, many features, effects, FM, DM were never fixed after so many bug reports. There was never any doubt that the CloD graphics engine and detail is amazing, it's just that features that really should have been a priority to fix, were never even looked at by the Developer's in the official Bug fixing thread. It was so irritating that I just gave up with it. I mean, this software is far and away the bet sim ever released, and yet after years of 'fixing' barely anything was changed in the most reported issues.

Team Fusion are now taking this on and what makes it better is that there is no wage bill. This is being fixed, worked on, improved by a group of Flight Sim enthusiasts who actually want what everyone passionate of Sims wants, an authentic experience that works!

There is much work being done behind the scenes and a different, more detailed video has been completed, but with so many more features being added, there will be additions to be made to that video before release.

just think that what you have seen, honestly barely scratches the surface of what is going on behind closed doors. Truthfully there are problems,but didn't the 'Official' Dev's have those? We currently strive to give all those who want the 'proper' CloD to work, the product they always wanted. At least now, people with a passion for the subject can work on the features that really need fixing (where possible) and time will show that CloD really is the amazing software it promised to be

)
    Thanks!

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Great work. Thanks to the team for all their efforts, it's good to get excited about Cliffs Of Dover again!

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post

Hi Furbs, currently I have them enabled on my card to override any game setting. Now I know that in-game my graphics may not look like all these are enabled (especially AA ) but AF looks like it works fine? I also have FXAA enabled too.

There is still much work to be done.... keep the faith (Good to see you here Furbs )

Cheers MP, Always said im interested and excited in the what the mods could come up with.

As for the AF and AA, im not sure, i have tried bleedin everything, the FXAA does help at close range and in the cockpit but its at mid and long range where it is needed the most and where nothing seems to help, if the mods can fix that and the LOD's then i will be very excited again.

Cudos and big props to Team Fusion.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Wink Re: WIP Video

Quote Originally Posted by JTDawg View Post
    I'm not crying couse i'm sad , i'm crying becouse i'm HAPPPY ~
    haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    68.92 MB

Cant wait for this!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

You are the best

Many, many, infinit Thanks

P.S; What is the name of this music please ?
    Last edited by =AN=Apache; Feb-13-2013 at 21:33.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12