Thread: 4GB Patch NTCore

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

4GB Patch NTCore

So this utility apparently enables X86 platform .exe launchers to use 4GB of virtual memory on X64 platforms (like Win10 64bit) instead of being limited to 2GB. CloD's Launcher64.exe is in the X86 program files as I understand it but I stand to be corrected, unlike DCS which is a native X64 program.
    I just came across this "tweak" for Napoleon Total War: American Civil War mod but it is recommended for and used by a number of other games, rendering programs and multimedia programs.
    What will it do for CloD ? Well it doesn't seem to do any harm on my rig but YMMV. It's yet another option to try if ur rig struggles. Might help, might not.
    It needs to be applied to a games .exe launcher (like Launcher64.exe in CloD or Napoleon.exe in Napoleon Total War) and it will automatically create a backup of the Non-tweaked .exe file.
    Once u have unzipped the 4gb_patch.zip folder u will have the 4gb_patch.exe. Just double clik it and it will open a normal file explorer window and u navigate via the left side folders to the .exe file in an X86 game that u want to apply the patch to and then clik "Open" on the bottom right corner. U then get a message box telling u the patch has been successfully applied and a backup created. Probably best to create a shortcut to that new .exe (which will look exactly the same as the original) to your desktop so u can directly launch it as administrator (once Steam is opened if it is a Steam platform game). Running as administrator may not be necessary but can't hurt.
    Be interested to see if any1 who tries it notices any performance improvements.

https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371

This is in German but u can see what he is doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHHtTpRCzo8
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    424.49 MB

Re: 4GB Patch NTCore

Last edited by Cassius; Sep-24-2020 at 14:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    43.95 MB

Re: 4GB Patch NTCore

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    As an option, may be try to launch the release version of CloD with this patch...
    There is no need, Blitz is a 64bits app.

4. Likes Bonditaria, gonk liked this post