Thread: Wanted black and white only version of Panel finder

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Wanted black and white only version of Panel finder

Hi,
    Calling all skinners especially VO101_Tom 'the creator' (I have PM you) or anyone that has managed this, I need the panel finder by VO101_Tom but without the colour,
    KeefyBoy aka CheckMySix has it in his extremely useful templates.

It is stopping me seeing some less contrasty colour detail and the finer parts of my skinning, as it changes the colours I need to see.

I need it just as black/white or better still black/transparent as a photoshop file or failing that GIMP, even a pdf of black/transparent will do, so I can place it as either black or white over my skins.

I have by the way as of yesterday now got accurate RLM colours for each aircraft matching Merrick after a major fight with CoD's unorthodox colour handling , (alter one colour and the other alters, add darkness to green and it goes brown, each aircraft requires different mixes, upper facing made lighter than should happen compared to side facing, to name a few !) this last year and I am overjoyed at getting such , but now cannot skin and sort out accurate camo patterns and other details without this.

Cheers

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    760.03 MB

Re: Wanted black and white only version of Panel finder

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi,
    Calling all skinners especially VO101_Tom 'the creator' (I have PM you) or anyone that has managed this, I need the panel finder by VO101_Tom but without the colour,
    KeefyBoy aka CheckMySix has it in his extremely useful templates.

It is stopping me seeing some less contrasty colour detail and the finer parts of my skinning, as it changes the colours I need to see.

I need it just as black/white or better still black/transparent as a photoshop file or failing that GIMP, even a pdf of black/transparent will do, so I can place it as either black or white over my skins.

I have by the way as of yesterday now got accurate RLM colours for each aircraft matching Merrick after a major fight with CoD's unorthodox colour handling , (alter one colour and the other alters, add darkness to green and it goes brown, each aircraft requires different mixes, upper facing made lighter than should happen compared to side facing, to name a few !) this last year and I am overjoyed at getting such , but now cannot skin and sort out accurate camo patterns and other details without this.

Cheers

BOBC

Hi BOBC
    Have you tried desaturating the PANEL FINDER layer in my templates?
    In Gimp toolbar go to Colors then Desaturate and the layer will be Black and White.
    Keith

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi KeefyBoy,
    (U have a PM by the way ref outline layers purpose)
    desat doesnt get the background pure white though,
    Tried always, colour range, magic wand, I need pure white behind the text, to turn the layer into a channel by inverting it, then I can use it to dump black text over rlm65 areas, and white text over green areas .

as such Tom has sent me via PM the original uncoloured version so I am now sorted.

I have revamped it and created a black/translucent version for p'shop, I could also pdf that so Gimpers could open it as such also.
    I have PM replied Tom incase he wishes to make that available for skinners

I cannot see the attachment file option in PM mode though. thought it was there, , maybe mistaken. how do we attach files in PM I wonder...

BOBC

Quote Originally Posted by KeefyBoy View Post
    Hi BOBC
    Have you tried desaturating the PANEL FINDER layer in my templates?
    In Gimp toolbar go to Colors then Desaturate and the layer will be Black and White.
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

I have had a go at doing this for you. This is as good as I am willing to get it for you but hopefully it does what you require? I can't add the lines back after the editing but hopefully the text is enough?

Panel_Finder_by_Tom_2_2048x2048.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/view/kfjgh...x2048.jpg/file
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"