Thread: Any February news?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Any February news?

Just asking
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    186.71 MB

Re: Any February news?

Same question. I know we received an update for the patch but its been a while since we received a 5.0 update. Any news is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

+1

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    589.91 MB

I hope the delay is because they are implementing VR support - it's becoming a must-have for sims these days!

Even without, though, it's a peach of a flight sim now; the next version should be awesome!

5. Likes No.119_Bruv, IIJG27Rich liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by carbolicus View Post
    I hope the delay is because they are implementing VR support - it's becoming a must-have for sims these days!

Even without, though, it's a peach of a flight sim now; the next version should be awesome!
    cant agree more with VR, i have a few friends adamant they can no longer fly with anything else, cant you ask the il2 guys to supply the base code for their VR support, its not like they wouldnt want all il2 series game to include it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by No.119_Bruv View Post
    cant agree more with VR, i have a few friends adamant they can no longer fly with anything else, cant you ask the il2 guys to supply the base code for their VR support, its not like they wouldnt want all il2 series game to include it?
    Two different games... TF has to develop its own VR code.

TF will not be releasing VR with TF 5.0, for the reasons mentioned previously... i.e. there is already impatience in the community about the date of the release and we don't want to delay further to implement VR.

Implementing VR will be the #1 priority on the coding front after TF 5.0.

Regarding promotional updates... we are working on patch 4.55, and there will be information released when it is.... which should be mid February.

Supporting Member FightingSteel1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by carbolicus View Post

Hey I'm interested in VR myself, and I'm sure it's a great experience with a flight sim, but is it really that big of a deal that getting VR support is a "must-have" for success? I think Steam is up to something like .8 percent of users have a VR headset. I'd love to see how many ATAG members/COD/BoX players actually have one.

9. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Supporting Member Blade_Meister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Quote Originally Posted by FightingSteel1 View Post
    Hey I'm interested in VR myself, and I'm sure it's a great experience with a flight sim, but is it really that big of a deal that getting VR support is a "must-have" for success? I think Steam is up to something like .8 percent of users have a VR headset. I'd love to see how many ATAG members/COD/BoX players actually have one.
    While I am definitely interested in VR, IMHO, I can't see where market saturation is so great that it will effect sales that much on this go around.

S!Blade<><

11. Likes ATAG_Pattle, gonk liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    42.04 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post

TF will not be releasing VR with TF 5.0, for the reasons mentioned previously... i.e. there is already impatience in the community about the date of the release and we don't want to delay further to implement VR.

Regarding promotional updates... we are working on patch 4.55, and there will be information released when it is.... which should be mid February.
    Sweet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Just asking
    "Any February news?"

It's Valentines Day on Thursday MP ...I like white Daisies
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Feb-11-2019 at 21:05.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

This really good news! I am delighted that VR is on the to-do list-It will make such a difference.I'm getting a little weary of the Russian Front & would love to be able to fly over England ( & other theaters as well,) in VR!
    As to 4.55...well its nearly mid february now.Can I ask what we will be seeing in 4.55 or is it listed elsewhere?

15. Likes Swoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    This really good news! I am delighted that VR is on the to-do list-It will make such a difference.I'm getting a little weary of the Russian Front & would love to be able to fly over England ( & other theaters as well,) in VR!
    As to 4.55...well its nearly mid february now.Can I ask what we will be seeing in 4.55 or is it listed elsewhere?
    4.55 is a bugfix release... we are doing a whole series of smaller releases which address the code bugs in TF 4.5 Blitz... we prefer to roll these out prior to the release of TF 5.0 so all the fixes have been tested and are working correctly... instead of waiting and including them with TF 5.0 and risking a bug making a mess of the release itself. We want all the bugs addressed before TF 5.0 so the release is all about the new exciting content and everything goes smoothly.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    32.1 KB

4.55 is a bugfix release... we are doing a whole series of smaller releases which address the code bugs in TF 4.5 Blitz... we prefer to roll these out prior to the release of TF 5.0 so all the fixes have been tested and are working correctly... instead of waiting and including them with TF 5.0 and risking a bug making a mess of the release itself. We want all the bugs addressed before TF 5.0 so the release is all about the new exciting content and everything goes smoothly.
    Great forward planning Buzzsaw & TF!

18. Likes ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Snapper, \Hawk/ liked this post