Thread: FacetracknoIR

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    87.69 MB

FacetracknoIR

Got this working with CLOD, it is pretty cool. I can see why you guys recommend tracking over hotas, it makes keeping your eye on a target much easier. Still feeling sick using it, hoping to get over that, but right now my laptop is swaying on me...yak.

If anyone has any recommended settings for FTNI I would appreciate it.

2. Likes farley liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    87.69 MB

Delanclip vs Trackhat Clip

Ok, so I tried facetack to see what the hoop was about, and it is pretty cool, plus I can use it with Trainz too so I have decided to buy an LED clip. First off, I am surprised the only place to get them is the UK, no one in North America makes them? Since both Delanclip and Trackhat clip will be using opentrack (I can DL trackIR software but it needs a DLL file) is there any real difference in them besides the cost, Delanclip being about 55UK (93Cdn) while the Trackhat clip is 45UK (76Cdn).
    Last edited by Drasmorg; Feb-12-2019 at 16:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Re: FacetracknoIR

Opentrack is free to use and for Ftnoir you have to pay €2,85.They have both small difference in working although they use the same filters annd protocolls.I use them both
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    87.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    Opentrack is free to use and for Ftnoir you have to pay €2,85.They have both small difference in working although they use the same filters annd protocolls.I use them both
    Thanks for the reply, but I think you may have misunderstood my question: Are Delanclip and TrackHat clip the same, which it seems to me to be, both using the same protocol for flight games. Each comes with a PS3 camera with the IR removed but the Trackhat comes with the PS3 mount for the computer while with Delanclip you have to pay about 4UK for it. Delanclip is much more to ship.

Combat pilot No.119_Marshy (VK-M)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I am about to dip my toes into the pond of head tracking etc, is FacetracknoIR a serious alternative to the other head tracking options? I have looked on their website, but to me (technical doofus) it's all a bit alien. What sort of equipment do you need and what would the outlay be? I understand the need for a webcam, but beyond that I am a bit lost. Does it work by LEDs on some sort of clip and, if so, can other light sources confuse the system?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

With Opentrack an Ftnoi(Facetracknoir) you have a lot of tracker-sources to choose from.If you make a clip or cap model with ir-leds you can use the pointracker as tracker-source for Ir-tracking.The joystick trackersource for a Edtracker or axis of your joystick.Those twp are offspring of Frretrack of which further devopement stopped after 2008.For my Edtracker I prefer Ftnoir and for my IR-clip I use Opentrack.Building that Ir-clip is not so difficult.I have a file for 3d printer and let some internetshop make it for me.I ordered 3 iR-leds and two resistors.6.7 ohm for brigther leds and 10 ohm for less bright leds.

There is a lot to tell about this also to read.Did also found this homepage of Ftnoir?
    http://www.facetracknoir.nl

or freetrack http://www.free-track.net/english
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

8. Likes No.119_Marshy (VK-M) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Drasmorg View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but I think you may have misunderstood my question: Are Delanclip and TrackHat clip the same, which it seems to me to be, both using the same protocol for flight games. Each comes with a PS3 camera with the IR removed but the Trackhat comes with the PS3 mount for the computer while with Delanclip you have to pay about 4UK for it. Delanclip is much more to ship.
    Yes, they will do the same.They use the same Ir-leds.The trackhat tracking software is just a stripped Opentrack version with only the necessary function for Ir-tracking to keep it simple.The both sell modified used ps3-eyes with the Ir blocking filter removed.Modifying a ps3-eye yourself can be done but you can have badluck by having the type of which you can't remove that filter without damaging the lense.The only choice you hev to make is, a plastic clip or one of metal or a cap and ofcourse the price.Opentrack and Ftnoir work with both of them.

10. Likes Drasmorg liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    87.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by No.119_Marshy (VK-M) View Post
    I am about to dip my toes into the pond of head tracking etc, is FacetracknoIR a serious alternative to the other head tracking options? I have looked on their website, but to me (technical doofus) it's all a bit alien. What sort of equipment do you need and what would the outlay be? I understand the need for a webcam, but beyond that I am a bit lost. Does it work by LEDs on some sort of clip and, if so, can other light sources confuse the system?

Last night I was playing with FTNI and while it was working it was a bit jerky and unsteady sometimes. I then thought about a post I read where the guy said your face has to be well lit for it to follow you, so I dug a light out I use for reading at night, which I clipped to my laptop so it lit up my face, turned it on and everything changed, movement was smooth and even. It worked as well as point trackers I have seen on UT; I will play with it a bit more but if it continues to work like it did last night then I won't be buying anything.

This is the booklight: https://www.amazon.ca/TOPELEK-Bright...gateway&sr=8-2

12. Likes No.119_Marshy (VK-M) liked this post