Thread: Are any chances to see Hurricats?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    162.28 MB

Are any chances to see Hurricats?

Joint the RAF MSFU!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Are any chances to see Hurricats?

Quote Originally Posted by Werwolf View Post
    Joint the RAF MSFU!
    There is a possibility if we do a Bay of Biscay map in the future. (not for TF 5.0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    162.28 MB

Thanks Buzzsaw,

I am curious, what do maps have to do with? Since the MSFU operated old land planes those are already on CLOD. I think the difficulty would be add the plane to merchant ships specially if a new catapult model and textures are needed and implement a sudden acceleration off course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Werwolf View Post
    Thanks Buzzsaw,

I am curious, what do maps have to do with? Since the MSFU operated old land planes those are already on CLOD. I think the difficulty would be add the plane to merchant ships specially if a new catapult model and textures are needed and implement a sudden acceleration off course.
    Not that simple... requires a lot of code work... and as you mention, the 3D work involved in equipping Merchant Ships with catapults.

The English Channel as currently shown in the game is not really a place where full convoys were assembled.... Most Hurricats were on larger North Atlantic convoys which started from Liverpool or the Firth of Clyde on the West coast of Britain. But there is no way we are going to do a map which includes all the the West coast of Britain as well as Ireland... and anyway, the attacks didn't happen close to Britain or Ireland.

There were some Hurricats on Convoys to the Mediterranean, which started in the Bristol Channel and went via the Bay of Biscay area. This is the best option for a map, since you could include a large sea area plus the just the tips of Brittany and Cornwall for the bases there.

But it will not happen till at earliest, TF 6.0. There are dozens of other aircraft priorities which players have requested in much larger numbers. (FW-190A for example)

5. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post