Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few shots captured flying over the Normandy map in a 325th FG P-51 :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Re: A few shots captured flying over the Normandy map in a 325th FG P-51 :)

Quote Originally Posted by 9./JG52 Meyer View Post
    Thanks Red I'm on hols in Turkey at min so will have look when I get home

Hals und beinbruch
    I think he's just looking for his new ride
    https://interestingengineering.com/5...thed-in-turkey

2. Likes 9./JG52_Meyer, farley, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Quote Originally Posted by EAF602_Red View Post
    Skys are safe for a week or two..Meyers on holiday..no probs m8,,gimme a shout if yer struggling

Red
    I certainly will Red as I just got a VR rig before I went and want to see DCS in all its glory

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

4. Likes No.119_Bruv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by EAF602_Red View Post
    Attachment 39593

About time .. my least favourite map in DCS, In my opinion DCS just keeps getting better, the burning skys server has regularly got 20-30 players, mission builder is so easy I can use it, single player is the best in any Flight Sim in my opinion, with loads of campaigns to download
    It is still a bit memory hungry Ive got 24 gigs but better with 32, and yes Snapper my folder is sitting at 121gig, there is certain folders to delete after update, similar to the cache in cliffs, it helps keep space down a bit, must admit its my go-to Sim now,especially the F18

Red
    Attachment 39594
    If you need anyone to fly with in BS red just give us a holler.

I've done quite a few hours these past 2 weeks and can reliably fly the P51D and Spit9 under combat situations. Bought the K4 and 190D in the sale just because, I haven't played with them yet but going by the dogfights i've had so far they must be pretty rapid.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    103.86 MB

If you need anyone to fly with in BS red just give us a holler
    Cheers Bruv, I've seen you on BS, but which TS you using?, I take it 119 has there own, if so no access to that Bruv, but can sort that out on chat, I'll keep a look out for you

Red
    Target 4 'o' clock low

7. Likes No.119_Bruv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

When the new damage model gets introduced this summer, this will really improve the immersion.

I'm afraid that things have moved on in the SIM world and I love flying VR in DCS despite it still being early in development. Hardware requirement is high.

But, I have to say that IL2 - Cliffs of Dover has been left way behind now.

I would love to see a migration over to DCS WWII servers.

Just sayin'

Cats . . . . .
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had,
    but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"
    - Leonard Nimoy

9. Dislikes ATAG_Slipstream disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I still think cliffs has its appeal. It is still the best (BofB) themed game.

I don't think you can compare one with the other, Play both take what you want from either. When 5.0 adds more planes + map and follows that up with a better VR implementation you will have two very cool games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Catseye View Post
    When the new damage model gets introduced this summer, this will really improve the immersion.

I'm afraid that things have moved on in the SIM world and I love flying VR in DCS despite it still being early in development. Hardware requirement is high.

But, I have to say that IL2 - Cliffs of Dover has been left way behind now.

I would love to see a migration over to DCS WWII servers.

Just sayin'

Cats . . . . .
    Cats, it’s always good to see ya. :

Glad you’re enjoying DCS; I’ve heard it’s quite spectacular with VR - lotsa folks now have the hardware to run it.

We have a couple of events with Clod/BLITZ that we’re running to rekindle interest in this wonderful sim: The Tiger Moth Shoot Out and the The ATAG Assault No.1. You are very welcome to join us in either (or both ) if you’re up to a bit of fun and supporting your former ATAG mates.

As a matter of policy we don’t promote this in non-Clod/BLITZ forums as we feel that would be poor form. We support other sims and wish them well. Just sayin’.

Cheers,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

12. Likes ATAG_Pattle, ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    497.6 KB

I really enjoy the jet stuff. The Huey is spot on. I don't have much time for it, but I managed to pick up the F/A-18 on sale (going on now). They had to have dumped a huge load of money into its development.

The manuals are excellent (180 pages for Huey, 230 pages on the Hornet). Though they deny it, one of their guys recently got thrown in the slammer for trying to steal one of the NATOPS manuals.

-Z

14. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    974.2 KB

DCS WWII will start to shine with the new damage model being prepared if it's done well. With the addition of the FW 190-A8 to compliment the Spitfire IX, and all the other WWII birds that are in development, the future is getting brighter for DCS WWII rather than fading out.

The jet age stuff succeeds mostly because the damage model is less noticeable. It's easy to forgive a generic damage model when the thing causing the damage is a missile. It's not like you expect to be able to adjust your fuel flow or open a vent or two and bring the bird home after an AIM 9M hits you.

Of concern also is the AI flight model. If that gets tweaked up so that there's no unfair advantage being obviously displayed, then single-player elements of DCS will be even more enjoyable. Again, with the jet stuff this is less of a concern since engagements occur miles apart rather than in dog-fight (typically).

Nice pictures in this thread! DCS looks great and the aircraft are super detailed. My F-14 looks gorgeous in 4K.

16. Likes ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    I’m looking forward to that!

I sadly had to move my DCS folder from my SSD drive (500 Gigs) down to my 7200 rpm SATA hard drive (2 TB) because the folder had grown to 150 Gigs! DCS now takes a bit longer to load, but good things come to those who wait!

Yup, I just installed a new 500Gb SSD for DCS alone. I'm able to get both the Beta version and release version on there. I use the beta version withTrack IR and the release version in VR only. That way I can keep the settings consistent between visual formats. The Spit is terrific in VR and for me, much easier to land. Perhaps because of the depth perception. It does however help, if you have a chair that swivels in order to check six.
    - Leonard Nimoy

18. Dislikes ATAG_Slipstream disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    53.93 MB

Slipstream shouldn't be reading the DCS thread - gives him the hee-be-jee-bees.
    - Leonard Nimoy

20. Likes ATAG_Slipstream liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Catseye View Post
    Yup, I just installed a new 500Gb SSD for DCS alone. I'm able to get both the Beta version and release version on there. I use the beta version withTrack IR and the release version in VR only. That way I can keep the settings consistent between visual formats. The Spit is terrific in VR and for me, much easier to land. Perhaps because of the depth perception. It does however help, if you have a chair that swivels in order to check six.
    Is it possible to just move the entire folder or does it require a reinstall to the new SSD?
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12