Thread: Finally got my Crosswind pedals

On the border of the Eastern and Western Roman Empire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    763 Bytes

Finally got my Crosswind pedals

And, ofcourse, they are awesome. I had Simped vario usb pro pedals before and those were great too but this is another level. After I sold the vario I was using borrowed CH pedals which...are plastic. The precision is fantastic. When I assembled them I hd that annoying clicking sound when I was going over the centre (even without the cam). After I investigated the thing I nailed the problem. The nut that is covered with red think rubber, which hold the main magne and the supportive plate, was way overtightened. So the friction was too strong. After I untightened that nut a bit the pedals are super silnet now, with and without main spring in the works. The only (small) issue now I have is, sometimes I can feel the pedals are a bit loose, but thats ok, it is because i released the main nuts a bit because friction of moving plate with magnet was driving me nuts. Im using CAM6 as I like more center feeling. I also tightened a bit the 4 nuts which are holding the moving parts of the rudders (with bearings) since before I had the feeling the whole mechanism is "playing" a bit. Before that I breafly tested VKB Mk4 pedals which I didnt like due to akward up and down movement. But the precision is also great.
    Last edited by Tvrdi; Feb-15-2019 at 14:36.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    click here for fixes if you have stutters in Cliffs Of Dover

2. Likes Stormrider liked this post