Thread: AI Comms volume (or lack of same)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    117.39 MB

AI Comms volume (or lack of same)

Hello all,
    Despite having Cliffs of Dover for some time I'm just starting to get properly into it recently on a regular basis (offline) and getting used to flying the virtual skies of England. I'm having some engine control problems (mainly due to poor axes/key assignments and lack of flight training but that's another story LOL).

One issue I've found a bit frustrating is the volume of Ground Control (and other AI pilots for that matter). I can barely hear Ground Control over the ambient sound. I've tried adjusting the volume in the pertinent menu but that only increases overall volume. Question: is it at all possible to increase the volume of Ground Control (or AI comms) to make it louder than the ambient/engine sound? At least loud enough to understand what's being said?

For example: in a recent mission I requested a vector home and I really had to strain to hear the response. It sounded like "...vector.....sixty" and it coincided with the general direction from my position to home field based on the map but I couldn't be sure and may have simply thought it sounded like 'sixty'. I requested a couple of more times to try and verify but still had to strain to hear it. It's less of a problem when awaiting take-off clearance but after that ground to air comms become problematic.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
    Tomoose

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Re: AI Comms volume (or lack of same)

I have found if you pull the pitch back you can hear then reapply the proper pitch.
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello Tomoose

This can be a bit of a problem for those who want to hear the AI voices in single player... and also want to hear the voices of people on Teamspeak in multiplayer.

Because in order to hear all the sounds of gunfire hitting your aircraft, etc., you need to turn the General sound up to 100%.

And then adjust your sound controls down in Windows to reduce the volume so you can hear teamspeak.

I would recommend you find a compromise:

- Start Game

- Go to Options

- Go to Audio

- Go to Sound Volume... reduce to 85%

- Go to Music... reduce to 50% or less

- Make sure Voices is at 100%

Adjust overall volume in Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoose View Post
    Hello all,
    Despite having Cliffs of Dover for some time I'm just starting to get properly into it recently on a regular basis (offline) and getting used to flying the virtual skies of England. I'm having some engine control problems (mainly due to poor axes/key assignments and lack of flight training but that's another story LOL).

One issue I've found a bit frustrating is the volume of Ground Control (and other AI pilots for that matter). I can barely hear Ground Control over the ambient sound. I've tried adjusting the volume in the pertinent menu but that only increases overall volume. Question: is it at all possible to increase the volume of Ground Control (or AI comms) to make it louder than the ambient/engine sound? At least loud enough to understand what's being said?

For example: in a recent mission I requested a vector home and I really had to strain to hear the response. It sounded like "...vector.....sixty" and it coincided with the general direction from my position to home field based on the map but I couldn't be sure and may have simply thought it sounded like 'sixty'. I requested a couple of more times to try and verify but still had to strain to hear it. It's less of a problem when awaiting take-off clearance but after that ground to air comms become problematic.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
    Tomoose

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

I just have the voice audio turned off find it annoying and use a "Voice" info window. You can set how long the text is on your screen so no need to try and listen to what it says....just read it. Set all your info windows to hide title and border and inactive to transparent.
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Birdtail View Post
    I just have the voice audio turned off find it annoying and use a "Voice" info window. You can set how long the text is on your screen so no need to try and listen to what it says....just read it. Set all your info windows to hide title and border and inactive to transparent.
    And this is another solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Don't forget that if you are using TeamSpeak3 you can right click on the name of a user and by clicking on " Change Volume " you can increase the volume of the communications incoming from that user
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

7. Likes danperin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    117.39 MB

Thanks all for the info.

Teamspeak is not a problem as I'm not online with COD as yet. However, I fly with a group on IL2 (HSFX) online coop and Teamspeak is via headphones and mic so vox comms are definitely not an issue online as they remain on the headset while the game sounds come through my speaker system. I assume I can do the same with COD if/when I go online.

I'll try some of the suggestions here. I'm not a big fan of any text on the screen but that may be the Plan B if all else fails.

thanks again for your time and advice.

regards,
    Tomoose

9. Likes danperin liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    19.8 KB

Resurrecting an old post but I too find the AI comms volume too low to hear what is being said and prefer not to have on screen text. I tried lowering the main volume with voice on 100 and it seemed to make no difference.
    AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 & 11 dual boot · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Warthog Stick, Warthog Throttle, Logitech Quadrant, JetSeat