Thread: White Graphics Bug

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

White Graphics Bug

Hello chaps!

Just re-downloaded Cliffs and found something a little peculiar...

20190220173045_1.jpg20190220173040_1.jpg20190220172937_1.jpg

Whatever it is does seem to move with the camera and the general game lighting system (Maybe a shader/lighting layer acting up)
    Also note the small white line crossing the screen in the background is the same bug.

Do not recall if I have had this issue before, but if it was it was a long time ago. My PC is a little underspec, but have still been running Blitz itself for almost since it has been out and not had an issue with it.
    (Hardly any in general with decent FPS, that says something for the massive work on Cliffs by the team considering this is on an Intel 530 integrated card!!!)

Have tried clearing the shader cache, and verifying the files on steam.

Only thing I can recall changing over the past few months is updating my intel graphics. Really hoping that isn't the problem, so any advice is appreciated, I have a feeling it should be fixable, just need some direction.

Cheers!
    God bless

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: White Graphics Bug

You mentioned deleting the “shader cache” file. Did you try deleting the entire cache folder that the shader cache is located in? (Don’t worry, a fresh cache folder in C:/User Name/Documents/1C Softclub will be automatically generated when you launch the sim again).

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

So to confirm: You are running the latest drivers for your Intel card?

Quote Originally Posted by TheChristianPilot View Post
    Hello chaps!

Just re-downloaded Cliffs and found something a little peculiar...

20190220173045_1.jpg20190220173040_1.jpg20190220172937_1.jpg

Whatever it is does seem to move with the camera and the general game lighting system (Maybe a shader/lighting layer acting up)
    Also note the small white line crossing the screen in the background is the same bug.

Do not recall if I have had this issue before, but if it was it was a long time ago. My PC is a little underspec, but have still been running Blitz itself for almost since it has been out and not had an issue with it.
    (Hardly any in general with decent FPS, that says something for the massive work on Cliffs by the team considering this is on an Intel 530 integrated card!!!)

Have tried clearing the shader cache, and verifying the files on steam.

Only thing I can recall changing over the past few months is updating my intel graphics. Really hoping that isn't the problem, so any advice is appreciated, I have a feeling it should be fixable, just need some direction.

Cheers!
    God bless

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    324.28 MB

Hello there,

I had exactly the same problem- which the good people of this forum helped me solve.

See:
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ght=white+band

Basically I had to do a graphics driver rollback.

Hope this helps,

R433009
    Last edited by R433009; Feb-20-2019 at 18:51.

5. Likes Gingerbread liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Thanks for the advice chaps!

Did try deleting the whole cache folder, but no change.

The driver update was the latest official update, however I think it may have been an optional one. Supposed to improve performance etc.

However I think judging by my suspicions on the timing and the post made by R433, I do believe it is the graphics driver update causing the problem.
    Will look around and see if I can find how to safely roll it back.

Not a common issue as not everyone is as insane as the lads trying to run Cliffs on Intel integrated haha! xD
    However on a whole the sim does run great with good graphics even on integrated, "props" to TF

(EDIT)
    Have managed to roll back the driver update without shreking the PC, and all is now well.
    Something to do with the Intel update doesn't agree.
    20190221185651_1.jpg20190221184744_1.jpg
    Back to full and proper functionality, thanks for the help chaps!
    Last edited by ATAG_TCP; Feb-21-2019 at 04:16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

That’s great, glad the driver rollback worked.

Thank you for your feedback on how your graphics problem was resolved. This will likely help others in the same fix.

Thread stickied.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

8. Likes ATAG_TCP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Cheers Snapper!

Glad to be of help to other players

Last edited by ATAG_TCP; Feb-23-2019 at 03:28.

10. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.16 MB

I`ve got the same problem since changing from a windows 7 computer which gave up the ghost after some years. Now on a ACER windows 10 64 bit. Cannot roll back on graphics driver as being a new machine there was nothing to roll back to. Have tried removing cache and tripping the game to an earlier version such as windows 7. No joy. Found that although my machine was newly purchased the driver was dated April last. Installed a more up-to-date driver and problem still there. Of all my computer games, which include three flight sims, only this game has given me graphics issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

I've reported this to the team.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner