Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ju88 Supercharger and bomb bays

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.99 MB

Re: Ju88 Supercharger and bomb bays

I'm sure it would be too. We were at 10k feet, which is about as high as you can see (sight isn't magnified). Other peoples mileage will probably vary.

I'm unsure where the 3 miles up came from? Either way, how high you are shouldn't change you adjusting your own gyro? Or did I miss something?
    Zx Spectrum, 48k. Mono tape player. Loose 3.5mm Jacks that need a wiggle once and a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Mackers View Post
    I'm sure it would be too. We were at 10k feet, which is about as high as you can see (sight isn't magnified). Other peoples mileage will probably vary.

I'm unsure where the 3 miles up came from? Either way, how high you are shouldn't change you adjusting your own gyro? Or did I miss something?
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'adjusting my own gyro'. I'm changing the course that the autopilot is supposed to fly by small amounts to steer the aircraft. I have synchronized my gyrocompass with the magnetic one before I switched on the autopilot.

Three and a half miles is approximately 5,800m, the altitude I'm bombing from.

BTW you can run that practice mission in the Blennie. It prints out to the HUD telling you how far from the target you hit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    8.99 MB

You wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Oskar View Post
    There is a second switch for the bomber. On the 111 there is a third switch on the yoke.

The bomber has to fly the aicraft, there is no other way to hit the target.
    I wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Mackers View Post
    We had 3 guys in a Blenheim (today), Pilot, Gunner and Bombardier - when we reached the IP and mode 22 was activated, the bombardier simply said, port 2 degrees, starboard 1 degree (etc) - all the way to target. The pilot adjusted his gyro accordingly. The bombardier dropped the bombs. I shot a 109 down, from the gunners spot, then sat terrified as I had no rounds left and 3 109's remained. However, the method worked and was extremely entertaining.

I guess if you are on your own, you could adjust your gyro by yourself? Or has that broken?
    then you wrote:

As far as I know the Blennie didn't have any autopilot. And the bombsight is pretty basic. I think it would be really hard to hit anything with that from three and a half miles up.
    then:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'adjusting my own gyro'. I'm changing the course that the autopilot is supposed to fly by small amounts to steer the aircraft. I have synchronized my gyrocompass with the magnetic one before I switched on the autopilot.

Three and a half miles is approximately 5,800m, the altitude I'm bombing from.

BTW you can run that practice mission in the Blennie. It prints out to the HUD telling you how far from the target you hit.
    In the game using a bomber, with a player based crew, the pilot has to adjust the course in mode 22, not the bombardier. Also, the bombardier controls the bombs, not the pilot.

In the game using a bomber, on your own - you can do all the things, adjust course and control the bombs - albeit with some lightly-non-intuitive bomb bay door situation regarding the bombardier position and toggle bomb bay door command.

I think this thread has gone where it wasn't made to go.

However:

Having clarification that something does work - against "it's never worked".
    Having clarification on what position stops the bomb bay door toggle command - bombardier - not bottom gunner.
    Having clarification on how to get it working and working around it.
    Having an understandable reason why it is, how it is.

are the good points.

Thanks again Tibsun for the He111 Supercharger info between the two models and insight into the toggle bomb bay doors.

I have just realised again, why I don't forum much.
    Zx Spectrum, 48k. Mono tape player. Loose 3.5mm Jacks that need a wiggle once and a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12