Thread: The wind is pulling out my (h)air!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    162.28 MB

The wind is pulling out my (h)air!

No one could say I didn't try but I can't find an answer anywhere. I am doing a mission where I need different wind conditions for two legs. I thought it will simply enough, been days trying to figuring out.

Global Wind can set several layers but not two at the same level. Maybe it is possible to change their parameters or replace the original object.

Local weather doesn't look to have wind at all, unless for thunderstorms that I don't need and with not clear explanation what those wind parameters do.

So I am looking for a way to change Global Wind dynamically, using a trigger for the second leg. Right now I will try maddox.core.WWeather, there are some promising methods.

The problem is the lack of information, specially how this class interacts with others. Right now I am looking at what classes manages the instances of WWeather objects and how get access to them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    162.28 MB

Re: The wind is pulling out my (h)air!

Well. If I can't find help here I won't anywhere. Looks like I must put the project on stasis indefinitely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Probable the best study about CloD weather (yes, is somewhat broken like the rest), is this:

https://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/for...t=wind#p111746

Notice that some parameters need be edited manually in .mis file because what is set in FMB result bugged.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    162.28 MB

Thanks 1Lokos, already saw it,

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Werwolf View Post
    Global Wind can set several layers but not two at the same level. Maybe it is possible to change their parameters or replace the original object.

Local weather doesn't look to have wind at all, unless for thunderstorms that I don't need and with not clear explanation what those wind parameters do.

So I am looking for a way to change Global Wind dynamically, using a trigger for the second leg. Right now I will try maddox.core.WWeather, there are some promising methods.

An "submission" don't solve your issue?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...81&postcount=2

An "passthrough" trigger... load an new mission over the actual... don't know if submissions can have different weather than start mission.

If don't find solution, create two or more wind layers and change flight altitude in a give waypoint - set this is the transition between wind layers, this will create a kind of turbulence.
    As said in Bokin article in ACG, interpolate 2 wind layers a bit.