Thread: Lancaster Skies

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    508.11 MB

Lancaster Skies

Just heard about this new movie might be of interest , its out today I think but not many places showing it, might have to wait for the DVD

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3486080/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Re: Lancaster Skies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eZZ7ergKLA

Good pick up. Here's the YouTube clip as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

https://www.lancasterskies.com/

Some screening schedules, if you in the area and doing nothing tomorrow evening.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

4. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Thanks Vlerkies for posting this information.

I am off to see this film in Stamford tomorrow afternoon.

I will hopefully be able to write a short review in this thread after the screening to let people know what I think of it.

PS: Thanks also to Devlin for the original post. Thanks mate!
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

6. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    508.11 MB

Yep ,there is a copy available already if you know what I mean, not had a chance to watch it yet but looks good, Will pick up a copy when its officially released, hopefully some good bonus material and directors commentary

8. Likes Vlerkies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    Thanks Vlerkies for posting this information.

I am off to see this film in Stamford tomorrow afternoon.

I will hopefully be able to write a short review in this thread after the screening to let people know what I think of it.

PS: Thanks also to Devlin for the original post. Thanks mate!
    I've been living under a rock and only stumbled upon this today lol.

Be forewarned though, I did see some 'woman folk' with teary eyes in the trailer. and going by ye olde std ATAG review conventions this mere aspect normally consigns the entire production to a chick flik dustbin category.
    Not that I was ever in agreement with that, maybe a British production will get a more objective rating.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the film. I will certainly watch it myself.
    Last edited by Vlerkies; May-07-2019 at 10:54.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4036&dateline=1382347  940

If it's brown, shoot it down!

10. Likes ATAG_Vampire, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

So, my wife and I went to the Stamford Arts Centre theatre to see 'Lancaster SKies'.

Very small 200(ish) seats with perhaps 50 occupied for the matinee screening. That is understandable as it has been a heavy rain and low clouds day here in sunny Lincs/Cambs. We chatted with a few people before the film and most appeared to be RAF Veterans, like myself, accompanied by their wives.

There was a filmed Q&A with the director/writer/actors (2) prior to the film itself which was very interesting.

When you think movies, especially Hollywood, you think budgets of millions, sometimes hundreds of millions. This film had a budget of £80,000 GBP and they came in just under that budget!!!!

A lot of the film was made in and around Sleaford (just up the road from where I live) and at the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre, East Kirkby. This was where they filmed sequences with Lancaster 'Just Jane'. Very little CGI was used and 11 model Lancasters were made for flying sequences. So that the movement looked real the models were filmed at 120 frames a second.

A great deal of the film is indoors and this is no doubt because it is cheaper and easier to film. Quite a few scenes within a Mess setting, accommodation and the local pub.

The main thrust of the film is the interaction between the various characters and not wishing to spoil it for anybody, there is a story within a story which becomes apparent as the film progresses. No gratuitous sex or violence, so the UK rating is PG.

The flying/action scenes are limited (budget no doubt) and they did not have any military input as any idea of RAF protocols/regulations were non existent. However, that is my thing and 'nit picking'.

Overall I found I enjoyed the film and because of its limited scope it was not mired into the PC/SJW 'brigade' bullsh*t that so many films are these days. The best bit for me was towards the end which is the main flying/bomb run part.

It is well worth watching and if for nothing more because it is dedicated to those who served in Bomber Command and especially the 55,000 men (all volunteers) who gave their lives.

Last edited by ATAG_Vampire; May-09-2019 at 10:42.
    "A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA