Thread: Kanalkampf: Redux in testing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Kanalkampf: Redux in testing

Kanalkampf Redux - Now in testing on ATAG Axis vs Allies

This mission is based on the Battle of Britain phase in July 1940 where the Luftwaffe made a number of convoy attacks to close the Channel to English shipping.
    I have done a little testing to make sure the mission is actually working but I will need feedback from a larger number of people to determine if defences are too much or too little around the targets. Ideally they should be such that it is extremely difficult to make a single-aircraft attack, especially at low altitude, but much easier with multiple planes.

I hope you all enjoy it!

ATAG_kiwiflieger

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Re: Kanalkampf: Redux in testing

I took a quick recce flight last night and it looks great seeing such a large convoy, and the same with the barges etc in Boulogne.

Mission building goes way beyond my comprehension so hat's off to you. I think many will appreciate fresh scenario content as we wait for 5.0.

Cheers
    Dazza

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    87.92 MB

Loose the 109E4Late for the 109E4.
    Most pilots wouldve taken off the backplate anyway.
    At least the overhead part of it.
    Too bad there is not an option to do that in the loadout screen.
    i5-4670K;ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO;Samsung 840Pro SSD 512GB;Corsair Vengeance 16GB;EVGA GTX1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB;Noctua NH-U14S;Sharp 43" Monitor;WIN 7 64Bit;TIR-5;VKBGladiatorProMkII
    MFG Crosswinds;CH-ProThrottle/Franken-Potato;EVGA 1000W P2 PSU.

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Ezzie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.2 KB

Kiwi - just tried to bomb Beachy head radar site and neither TGIF (low level) or myself (high level) could spot it. TGIF pretty confident he knows where it is (me less so) but he couldnt spot it despite flying around for a while at low level looking.

At the time the chat msg was saying that Rye radar site was destroyed. Maybe this was a mix up and it should have said beachy head destroyed (i didnt check Rye)?

One bit of feedback from newb / relearning bomber pilot - would it be possible to include an airfield tgt for blue bombers to hit? Airfields are good tgts for newb high altitude bomber pilots like me still relearning how to do high alt bombing whereas the radar sites are trickier at high altitude (good for more experienced high alt bombers). Just a suggestion - no probs if you'd prefer not to.

Ezzie

5. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

In addition to what reported by Ezzie I have attempted 3 times to bomb the British convoy and there seems to be something very strange happening. Every bomb I've dropped on the ships instead of exploding bounced on the ships exploding then 200-300 meters away from them. I have attemped also a slow speed approach getting the same result.
    In the case that this is something that can't be solved due to a game bug or similar could be a good idea adding the Bf 110 C-6 to the aircraft set so to have the chance to sunk them anyway.

Apart from these small glitches, surely not depending by your will, the map is beautifull and you have done an excellent work! Keep up the good work!!!
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Apr-28-2019 at 12:34.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

7. Likes ATAG_kiwiflieger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.95 MB

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Hackl; the idea with having only the E-4 Late was to move some pilots into flying the E-3 and E-1 but if this proves hugely unpopular I will add the E-4.

Ezzie; the Beachy Head RDF site is one of the smaller Chain Home Low stations without the towers and there are a small number of light flak defences very close to it. It should be hard to spot but not impossible, I might take another look at this.
    I don't have any plans to add airfield targets but I may add area targets such as ports for the Axis.

Moelders; I haven't had any issues skip bombing the ships in the past and as far as I know it should work on all parts of the convoys' course. Maybe try bombing it at different times during the map to see if it's location-related.

"Speed is life. Altitude is life insurance. Surprise is key."

~ AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz (OC to 4GHz) ~ 8GB RAM ~ ASUS GTX1050Ti Phoenix 4GB ~
    T.16000M ~ TWCS Throttle ~ TFRP Pedals ~ DIY IR Headtracker

9. Likes ATAG_Snapper, 9./JG52 Hackl liked this post