Thread: Greetings from Denmark

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    410.5 KB

Greetings from Denmark

Hi All.
    My name i Morten and i am a wannabe pilot, just want to say so i can get the key command file
    hopefully i will learn to fly well enough to come play on you servers... in a coupple of years when im done binding key lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Re: Greetings from Denmark

Hi Morten and
    Welcome to CloD!

Believe me, the other way round is much more sensible:
    Hop in multiplayer and you will find lots of friendly people who will help to sort out your key bindings and any other issue and will get you into the air much faster and with much more fun than you could ever manage alone.

They might mercilessly shoot you down later, but that's another part of the fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Proll, and welcome to the forum!

What DerDa says - just jump into multiplayer. If you can, install TeamSpeak3 (it’s free!) and you’re good to go. The Quick Missions are great for figuring out how you want your joystick set up and learn a few basic operations - namely start up your aircraft and take off. LOL

Start with one aircraft and get to know it. On the RAF side we generally recommend the Hurricane Mark 1 Rotol. It’s easy and forgiving to fly, yet very potent once your skill level builds.

One flight operation I never really bothered with was landing my aircraft. Reason? With these guys online, I never got a chance to land! Seriously, I still get shot down regularly, but once in a while, I get lucky. Which is a whole lot better than my dating record in high school!

Hey, virtual planes are cheap. Come online and fire one up!

Cheers, mate.

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Hi Proll

Velkome til Blitz

DerDa is correct about you getting online . Online multiplayer is where this sim is at it's best . All of us who thought like you and spent time in single player and campaign mode realised just how much more quickly we picked up new skills and greater enjoyment once we started playing online . I would also urge you to download and install TeamSpeak (it's free) so as to communicate with other players who are willing and able to help you get into flying Blitz . I look forward to meeting you soon .

Favel og held og lykke

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Hi Proll.

Welcome to Cliffs of Dover Blitz and our community here at ATAG.

Hope you are getting along ok with the sim. Any problems, or questions you might have ask away here, or better still on TeamSpeak.

Oh, and the most important thing to remember is, have fun

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

6. Likes ATAG_Knight, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi proll/Morten......another big 'welcome' to the ATAG Forum and Servers. Don't leave it too long to join us on line because that is where everybody has the most fun, in the most realistic historical environment. I flew Single Player for a whole year before lucking up courage to fly on line. I soon realised that you don't need fantastic flying skills you need situational awareness and a knowledge of evasive tactics, coupled with the ability to work with fellow pilots to really survive.

I of that becomes so much easier after you have downloaded Team Speak and 'winged up' with us on line. And all that key binding stuff will be completed in double quick time! We are all just like you....mad on the aviational history of WW11, so come and join us. You will be made very welcome.
    Looking forward to flying with you in our virtual skies! Good luck! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Go ævten.

Teamspeak, den bedste og hurtigste måde at lære dette fantastiske sim.

Du vil hurtigt blive bedre til basis(hvis dette er dit første fly-sim) og alle dine spørgsmål vil blive besvaret med et smil, super flinke personer i det her fællesskab og de vil gå langt for at hjælpe.
    Last edited by Ekko; Mar-05-2019 at 11:51.
    Even a blind mosquito finds its way home