Thread: Hello Everyone

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    48.45 MB

Hello Everyone

Hello everyone, I've just joined as I have been looking for new single player stuff for CoD. I am decently new but not a complete newbie. I have about 100 hours in BoS and probably 150+ in 1946 (one of my favorite games.) And after getting a better PC I've decided to get into CoD as it seems to be the most realistic and I also haven't really experienced many things revolving around the Battle of Britain or really the English Channel in general. Hope you all have a wonderful day/night and thanks for reading!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome to the forum, Tonk!

Feel free to look around and ask any questions that come to mind. With your previous 'sim experience you should find the transition to Blitz pretty straightforward. Once you've gotten yourself sorted out on a chosen aircraft, please be sure to jump online. If you haven't already, Teamspeak3 is a great communication utility that we all use here...and it's free!

Cheers and stop by often.

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

3. Likes ATAG_Knight, Tonk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Welcome mate.

Just know, you have landed in the awesome place fulll of people who love what many would say is the best ww2 sim or for the really full on, best sim ever.

Get stuck in, have fun and I really encourage you to jump online. That world is dead set alive.

A real adrenalin rush..

Pattle

5. Likes ATAG_Knight, Tonk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Even a blind mosquito finds its way home

7. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Hello Tonk welcome to the forum.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

9. Likes ATAG_Knight, Tonk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hey, Tonk........another big welcome to the ATAG Forum and Servers...this IS the place to be! As Pat' and Snap' mention above, going on line (although maybe a little daunting first time) is the place where this sim really shines...and the camaraderie and fun that results from co operating with other like minded pilots is 'the icing on the cake!' I was totally surprised by the friendly and helpful nature of all here when I first ventured on line. I urge you to give it a go and join us as soon as you can. Make sure you download Team Speak (it's free!) so we can talk to you and help you with any questions. Looking forward to meeting you......

Welcome to 'The Battle of Britain.' We look forward to winging up with a future ace! Good luck! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    92.84 MB

Welcome Tonk! You couldn't have landed at a more exciting time. Wish you the very best of luck in the virtual skies!
    ~S~

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Hello!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Hi Tonk

Welcome to the forums and Blitz . You obviously enjoy the IL2 series and I believe this is the best of the bunch .

It would be great to see you online and please do bring TeamSpeak with you as it will enhance your online experience and make that learning curve a little less steep.

Lots of help and advice here for you , all you need to do is ask .

Good luck and remember to always have fun

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

14. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Tonk, ATAG_Marlow, danperin liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    48.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Tonk!

Feel free to look around and ask any questions that come to mind. With your previous 'sim experience you should find the transition to Blitz pretty straightforward. Once you've gotten yourself sorted out on a chosen aircraft, please be sure to jump online. If you haven't already, Teamspeak3 is a great communication utility that we all use here...and it's free!

Cheers and stop by often.

Snapper
    I have now done so, very different than what I am used to using. How exactly would I join your guys' server?

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    48.45 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    Welcome mate.

Just know, you have landed in the awesome place fulll of people who love what many would say is the best ww2 sim or for the really full on, best sim ever.

Get stuck in, have fun and I really encourage you to jump online. That world is dead set alive.

A real adrenalin rush..

Pattle
    I will definitely try online this week hopefully. I've gotten grips for the most part with allied aircraft and have set everything up. Only problem I really have so far is that I'm not the best when it comes to tactics attacking bombers and such as I'm not used to the armor being so well modeled in an Il2 game. But I am definitely open to learning as CoD is a beautiful sim and so far in my 12 hours of playing it, is really fun! Thanks for the response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
    I will definitely try online this week hopefully. I've gotten grips for the most part with allied aircraft and have set everything up. Only problem I really have so far is that I'm not the best when it comes to tactics attacking bombers and such as I'm not used to the armor being so well modeled in an Il2 game. But I am definitely open to learning as CoD is a beautiful sim and so far in my 12 hours of playing it, is really fun! Thanks for the response.
    Hi Tonk........attacking bombers is an art in itself. Sometimes I still make the cardinal mistake of sitting behind a bomber at 160 mph........and occasionally get away with it, which of course encourages you to try the same mistake again, normally with fatal results. A high speed diving attack followed by a climb, roll over and down to attack again I think has more chance of repeated success. Dorniers go down reasonably easy if you hit their elevators or engines. Heinkels are built like brick sh**thouses and are very hard to knock down. Sometimes concentrated fire will knock a Br20's whole rear end off! 110's are also difficult because they are often flown by human pilots and some, like Ezzie have made the 110 their study and they are brilliant at it. I find it best to try and stay under the rear gun and 'nibble away' at the engines until they are vented. Or try and kill the rear gunner if Ezzie will let you! (Good luck with that!)

The thing to remember is you don't have to reach any particular standard to fly with us on line. We all still make mistakes and we all get shot down regularly. But every time you get knocked down you learn a little more and slowly but surely improve. The challenge is what keeps us all here...and we love to help other pilots to stay alive, if we can!

I will be looking out for you as I know many others will. (I can't be on line tomorrow (Wed) but should get up some time on Thursday and Friday evening of this week.) I'll try and say 'hello,' when I see you....if you are flying Red. Good luck and .........Salute!

18. Likes ATAG_Knight, Tonk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

I have now done so, very different than what I am used to using. How exactly would I join your guys' server?
    Hi Tonk

To join TeamSpeak , once you have it installed go to ATAG Forums home page https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/index.php

and select TeamSpeak, under Power and Speed on the right hand side . This should connect you automatically to the ATAG Community TS3 channel .

Password is ...calais...should you need it .

To join the ATAG multiplayer server .

Launch the game.

Select Multiplayer from the menu .

Select Search a Server

Select ATAG's Allies vs Axis (TFS 4.55 )

Select Join Server ( Bottom Right )

Once the server has launched , slider goes from 1 to 100 , choose which side from the flags ( top right ) . Choose a white airfield to "spawn" into . A red circle will appear around the chosen airfield and a box with an aircraft type will appear . If you left click on this picture a menu box will appear to the left . If you left click on the aircraft name above the picture a menu opens with the available choices . Select aircraft and adjust loadouts to suit . Then click ok and then select create . You should now find yourself sitting in the cockpit of your chosen aircraft at your chosen airfield …..this is where the fun begins !

Aircraft choice depends on the airfield but most have a good selection to choose from . Try different airfields if you can't find what you want .

Good Luck

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

20. Likes Tonk, ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Hello everyone, I've just joined as I have been looking for new single player stuff for CoD. I am decently new but not a complete newbie. I have about 100 hours in BoS and probably 150+ in 1946 (one of my favorite games.) And after getting a better PC I've decided to get into CoD as it seems to be the most realistic and I also haven't really experienced many things revolving around the Battle of Britain or really the English Channel in general. Hope you all have a wonderful day/night and thanks for reading!
    Ok Ok...

come on chaps nothing to see here.

So Tonk is it?... hmm... looking for some action eh?

hmmm....

ok. well... we have a few rules around these parts.

SO LISTEN UP!

1: You can pretty much have any plane you like

2: You can pretty much have as many of those planes that you like... as you like

3:

are you still here?

get up and at 'em man !!

Welcome to Cliffs of Dover

GET STUCK IN !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Welcome, I'm new here, too and I'm so glad I joined.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MarkOs View Post
    Hello MarkOs!

Welcome to the ATAG forum, Cliffs of Dover and the party in general.

If you have any questions/problems just ask for help and somebody within this great community will be able to answer or help.

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

24. Likes ATAG_Knight, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Welcome Guys our teamspeak is also up address is twc.teamspeak3.com come join in and have a blast with new friends <S> Fatal
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

26. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    210.38 MB

Hi all, thought I would reinstall COD now that TF have joined the party, and very glad I did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Nufsed View Post
    Hi all, thought I would reinstall COD now that TF have joined the party, and very glad I did.
    Hi Nufsed!

Welcome to the ATAG forum and a return to Cliffs of Dover. You won't regret it.

29. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MarkOs View Post
    Hi MarkOs

We're glad you joined too … Ask away if you need any assistance

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Nufsed View Post
    Hi Nufsed

Glad to see you come back , hope to see you soon .