Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Ready - Questions

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    410.5 KB

Getting Ready - Questions

I Have An Old (2011) IL-2 Cliff Of Dover Disk. If I Install It, Will It Update To The Current Version? Or Will I Have To Purchase IL-2 COD Blitz?

Back When I Did Fly Sims, I Used A Logitech 3D Extreme. Would That Suffice?

Do You Fly On A Private Server Or On Steam?

Thanks In Advance
    loo

2. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Getting Ready - Questions

Hi loocius, and welcome to the forum.

Hopefully I get these answers right. So far I believe it’s all good news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by loocius View Post
    I Have An Old (2011) IL-2 Cliff Of Dover Disk. If I Install It, Will It Update To The Current Version? Or Will I Have To Purchase IL-2 COD Blitz?
    Yes, install it. Steam will recognize that it is a legally-purchased licence (ie not pirated) and will automatically update it to the current 4.55 BLITZ edition.

Yes, I think that should work fine. Any word from Logitech 3D Extreme owners here on the forum?

There are a number of private servers that will show up on the Multiplayer window in the game menu. Steam must be running in order to view them and join them. The ATAG server is called Axis versus Allies, there are another half dozen excellent servers to choose from.

Thanks In Advance
    loo
    My pleasure. Stop in often and ask as many questions as you want!

Cheers,

Snapper

Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Mar-06-2019 at 19:26. Reason: stoopid spellchequer

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

I Have An Old (2011) IL-2 Cliff Of Dover Disk. If I Install It, Will It Update To The Current Version?
    You don't need Install the old disk - nothing good there, just log on your STEAM account - if don't have, create one, is free.

In STEAM interface click in
    + Add a game
    Choose "Activate a Product in STEAM..."
    Enter your IL-2 CloD DVD serial key.
    Await install, cross the fingers - just in case cross of your right foot too

After install finish, double click over IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz shortcut, close your eyes and wait 1/2 minutes.

Tcharammmmmm!

or :

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.84 MB

I use the same Logitech joy stick, and works for me. But I am sure there are better for a price. Try this and see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

I also used the Logitech Extreme 3D for almost 3 years. I recently switched to the Thrustmaster 16000 but it wasn't because of any major issues with the Logitech stick. I just thought I was due for a slight upgrade

I noticed that the Logitech stick shows a bit more jitter in sims like DCS (I think mainly because the animation of the stick movement in the cockpit in DCS has a higher "resolution", so to speak), but it has never given me such issues in flight in CLOD.
    System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro
    Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Welcome to the community!

To install it just use the serial key in Steam as 1lokos described.

The Logitech gets the job done (but that's about it.) I had one for 3 or 4 years but I upgraded to a Defender Cobra M5 (bit of a rare stick, don't know if you can get it anymore) and man was it worth it.

For a relatively cheap price the Thrustmater T16000 is pretty good - much better sensors than the Logitech but still pretty cheap.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    410.5 KB

Seeing That I Have A Blazing DL Speed Of 5Mb/sec, It Would Be Less Aggravating Just To Buy The Disk. Does A Disk Version Even Exist? If So, Where May One Obtain It?

Just For Kicks.....I Have A Microsoft FFB2 Stick...Never Left The Box....

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Seeing That I Have A Blazing DL Speed Of 5Mb/sec, It Would Be Less Aggravating Just To Buy The Disk. Does A Disk Version Even Exist? If So, Where May One Obtain It?

No, no disk version exists with Blitz. You'll have to bite the bullet and let it download overnight.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

In my opinion that Microsoft FFB2 stick is the best ever built for flight sims... including CoD.

Having the FFB allows you to ride the edge of the stall much more accurately than a non-FFB stick.

But it does work best with rudder pedals... although it has a twist rudder feature.

11. Likes Dazza liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    410.5 KB

Good News!!! I've Got it Downloaded And Running. Yes, It Does Look Nice!!!!

1) I've Been Told That The Sidewinder Products No Longer Run On Window 7 Or Better. Which Leads Me To...
    2) Since It Doesn't Auto Detect Sticks And Assign Actions, Could You Send Me Your Set-ups. It Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

13. Likes DRock liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I have a Sidewinder 2 FFB and it works very well with Blitz and Windows 10.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Thanks In Advance
    loo
    Hello, loocius.

Welcome to our skies.

I had that same joy. It worked fine.

Cheers

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

Hello to everyone.109s targeting in the game looks to the left.Is there a way to fix it.constantly with my head do i have to center.watch videos targeting does not shift.Should I correct it with track settings? otherwise I have another way.I will be very happy if you can help.have good lıfe.

17. Likes farley liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

ekoksk go into>Options>Controls> and bind a key or button to 'Lean to Gunsight'.

That should centre up your gunsight.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    ekoksk go into>Options>Controls> and bind a key or button to 'Lean to Gunsight'.

That should centre up your gunsight.

thank you so much

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

hello everyone.I have Cliffs of Dover Blitz and sturmovik battle of stalingrad .I am very new in the simulator.2 days ago trackır 5 pro bought.but i'm having problems. Cliffs of Dover Blitz jumping too much in the center.I've tried with various settings for smoothing and sensitivity.but the same problem.with the same settings sturmovik battle of stalingrad i have no problems.I do not know can be a fine-tuning.because if there's a problem, it's gotta be both.I don't know what to do.I'm waiting for your help.treat yourself well

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    477.16 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ekoksk View Post
    hello everyone.I have Cliffs of Dover Blitz and sturmovik battle of stalingrad .I am very new in the simulator.2 days ago trackır 5 pro bought.but i'm having problems. Cliffs of Dover Blitz jumping too much in the center.I've tried with various settings for smoothing and sensitivity.but the same problem.with the same settings sturmovik battle of stalingrad i have no problems.I do not know can be a fine-tuning.because if there's a problem, it's gotta be both.I don't know what to do.I'm waiting for your help.treat yourself well
    Did you look in the download section? https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...?categoryid=39
    Maybe try a profile of someone else.
    Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming|Intel Core i7 8700K 4,4Ghz|NZXT Kraken x52 all-in-one liquid cooler|16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3000MHZ | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC 8G|ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor ROG Swift PG278Q
    |Samsung M2 970 EVO Plus, 500 GB SSD |Antec High Current Pro 850WATT |VKB Gunfighter Mk.II with MCG Pro grip | Saitek X52 Pro Flight Throttle |VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV |BU0836A 12-Bit Joystick Controller|win10 64bit Home Edition|Opentrack-pointtracker/Facetracknoir EDTracker Pro wireless

22. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
    Did you look in the download section? https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...?categoryid=39
    Maybe try a profile of someone else.
    thank you for your interest. I downlo.aded zip files but it doesn't open.there is no application that this file firstdisks to perform this action lack of computer knowledge.what can I do?

24. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

thank you for your interest. I downlo.aded zip files but it doesn't open.there is no application that this file firstdisks to perform this action lack of computer knowledge.what can I do?
    You need a program to decompress the file. You can download winzip from here: https://www.winzip.com/win/en/downwz.html
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

hello everyone.i will refresh my video card.thinking of buying a radeon card.but I read in the forum that there are problems with redeons.I wonder if I have problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

hello everyone.i will refresh my video card.thinking of buying a radeon card.but I read in the forum that there are problems with redeons.I wonder if I have problems.
    I'm been a Radeon user for more than 10 years...They are good but absolutely no match with the Nvidia ones!

If your budget/pc permits it my suggestion is to aim to buy a GTX 2080 ( or Ti ) or GTX 1080 Ti if you want the best ( But take in mind that the GTX 2080 Ti have really crazy prices )

Why Nvidia is better than Radeon in my opinion? ( In very brief )

- Better image quality and performances

- No 3D artifacts ( Thing pretty common with the Radeon video cards )

- More video card settings ( In the video card control panel ) for a more detailed and personalised " touch "

- Easy drivers update and installation

- Very good client support/help

- Excellent duration/endurance also under heavy usage ( My suggestion about it is to always avoid to overclock or overvolting the video card...Few and minor gains risking only to " roast " your video card )
    Last edited by Erpr.Gr.210_Mölders; Nov-06-2019 at 05:51.
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

28. Likes ekoksk liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

Hello to everyone.ready trackır files were.I couldnt find it.need help

5 mins from the Red Arrows, 1 min from a good pub.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    1.01 GB

The ready made TIR files are here

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...?categoryid=39

Most are in zipped format and you will need to download them then unzip them either by right clicking on the mouse and choosing the winzip utility or, if its a .rar file 7Zip as mentioned above.

The profiles need to be put in a folder called "Profiles". This is usually on your C drive in the X86programs folder on the path Users/Your Name/App Data/Roaming/Natural Point/Track IR 5/Profiles. The App Data file mat be invisible at first (cant remember) and you may need to tick "Hidden items" in the view tab at the top of the window.

You may probably have guessed by this already that TIR is, at times unnecessarily idiotic and has many bugs and oddities symptomatic of someting that's sat unchallanged at the top for far too long thanks to anti competitive practices. Hey Ho. Such is the world.

Sometimes seredipity strikes and whoever submitted the profile will have the same set up as you - same camera position, same tracking device (hat, clip etc), same angle from camera to head. Often they wont so you will have to tweak.

Personally, id recommend you do it yourself and from scratch and ignore the V shaped preset profiles that come shipped, instead first setting flat lines and tweaking from there. Also be aware of the two green arrows in the axis pages - these increase and decrease the ratio effect and are really useful for tweaking the amount of motion quickly and consistently. The flatter the graph and more limited the amplification, the more reliable the in-game tracking wil be and the less jerking about you will see.

Understanding the way the graph works is really important apparently so i didnt bother and made up my own rules!! . To help me i completely ignore what the program says the axis are and envisage that the the vertical is RATIO. Whilst this isnt really correct at all, it stops me getting confused. Often you DO NOT need to increase the ratio a lot (most of mine are under 5 with only YAW at 7). Any point above 0 is already increasing the ratios of synthetic to real movement. The key advantage of the flat line is that the movement is made at a consistent speed throughout and doesnt ramp up at any point (whichon a poorly set up profile can be a PITA when you are trying to id something with zoom).

In many profiles you will see a "notch" at the centre. A flat bit at 0 before the lines go racing off at 45 degrees. This helps an overcooked profile to stay stable when looking stright ahead but, personally, i hate the "Tick" that gives in my set up so all my main axis run flat across the horizontal plain with very little amplification (ie very near the bottom of the graph). The tick lessens if the line is flatter and i personally have no notch at all on a very restrained profile for Clod (I cant "owl" my head nor look around with the mearest twitch but even so my head movmements are still very small).

I always had a "bump" when i returned to centre from looking backwards. I got rid of this by culling the rearward movment of the camera in the Z axis ( competely and adjusting the ratio factor to give me a good intial position in the pit. I have never found that i needed to do the "lean back and reset" thing primarily because my profile isnt crazily ratioed anyhow. For whatever reason Ive always found Clod to be most subseptable to this (could be my set up also so i aint throwing shade) but equally, as stated, i done need or miss that particular axis element.

I use a 1.1 ratio setting on the main slider and smooth at 50 with a Delan clip (Third party clip that matches the pro-clip).

Aslo make sure the camera can see the reflectors/leds. TIR is quite finnicky and really gets arsy if you move too far away - remember it was designed when we all sat with our noses 6 inches away from 13" CRT monitors and it gets separation anxiety real quick.

Finally, I used to get the occasional glitch where the camera would freak out even in good lighting conditions when i looked to my left and down. The Delan clip is bare metal and some edge on the middle LED arm was freaking TIR outeven though nothing showed in the program. I traced the issue by simple placing my finger over the offending part. Since ive heatwraped the unit in black tubing this has stopped.
    My Rig: Samsung 40" TV, 5600X on Air, RTX3080 FE, 32GB Gskill Neo 3600 CL16 RAM, M2 Gen 4 Drives, Corsair RM850X PSU, MFG Crosswinds, TM WH Throttle, Virpil Mongoose T50CM w/100mm extension, TIR5, EDtracker pro.

" Better a thorn on the outside than a prick on the inside"

31. Likes farley, Little Bill, ekoksk liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

Hello to everyone.I can't play the game for a long time.I want to play again.but i can't run airplane whichever button you remember

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hello to everyone.I can't play the game for a long time.I want to play again.but i can't run airplane whichever button you remember
    Hi ekoksk....sorry you are having troubles. Here is a checklist posted by DerDa that might help you get a Spitfire or Hurricane off the ground:

No left, right brakes on the Spit, it is not an easy plane to taxi.

1. Set chocks, open your radiator full
    2. make sure you have full fine prop pitch (100%)
    3. give about 10 % throttle
    4. start engine, immediately afterwards increase throttle to ca. 20%
    5. wait two or three minutes for the engine to warm up
    6. try to increase throttle to see if the engine catches
    7. remove chocks, release brakes by tipping them once
    8. slowly increase throttle until the ac starts to move
    9. for tighter turns come to a complete standstill, give full brakes, full rudder and increase throttle

After take-off don't climb to fast. Try to get to speed on level flight with 95% throttle, 95% prop pitch, radiator about 60%.

If you need Track Ir5 profiles you can find some very good ones on this page:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...Track+profiles

Do let us kn0ow if there are other things you wish to know. Good luck! Salute!

34. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Hi ekoksk....sorry you are having troubles. Here is a checklist posted by DerDa that might help you get a Spitfire or Hurricane off the ground:

No left, right brakes on the Spit, it is not an easy plane to taxi.

9. for tighter turns come to a complete standstill, give full brakes, full rudder and increase throttle

After take-off don't climb to fast. Try to get to speed on level flight with 95% throttle, 95% prop pitch, radiator about 60%.

If you need Track Ir5 profiles you can find some very good ones on this page:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...Track+profiles

Do let us kn0ow if there are other things you wish to know. Good luck! Salute!

many thanks for the information but with which button we were turning on the engine.actually this is what I wanted to ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

I think that is mapped to 'I' by default. In the controls it's 'Toggle Selected Engine(s)'.

37. Likes ekoksk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Yep, as Oskar says above, Toggle Selected Engine(s) (yellow arrow). I believe as Oskar says the default key is "i" (I have it assigned to a button on my throttle).

Select engine.jpg

39. Likes ekoksk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    A lot of good your list will do if you don't remember to turn your fuel-cock on between points 3 and 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by No.119_Padre (VK-P) View Post
    A lot of good your list will do if you don't remember to turn your fuel-cock on between points 3 and 4

There's always something....

"If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast