Thread: Getting Ready - Questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    410.5 KB

Getting Ready - Questions

I Have An Old (2011) IL-2 Cliff Of Dover Disk. If I Install It, Will It Update To The Current Version? Or Will I Have To Purchase IL-2 COD Blitz?

Back When I Did Fly Sims, I Used A Logitech 3D Extreme. Would That Suffice?

Do You Fly On A Private Server Or On Steam?

Thanks In Advance
    loo

2. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Getting Ready - Questions

Hi loocius, and welcome to the forum.

Hopefully I get these answers right. So far I believe it’s all good news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by loocius View Post
    I Have An Old (2011) IL-2 Cliff Of Dover Disk. If I Install It, Will It Update To The Current Version? Or Will I Have To Purchase IL-2 COD Blitz?
    Yes, install it. Steam will recognize that it is a legally-purchased licence (ie not pirated) and will automatically update it to the current 4.55 BLITZ edition.

Yes, I think that should work fine. Any word from Logitech 3D Extreme owners here on the forum?

There are a number of private servers that will show up on the Multiplayer window in the game menu. Steam must be running in order to view them and join them. The ATAG server is called Axis versus Allies, there are another half dozen excellent servers to choose from.

Thanks In Advance
    loo
    My pleasure. Stop in often and ask as many questions as you want!

Cheers,

Snapper

Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Mar-06-2019 at 19:26. Reason: stoopid spellchequer

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

I Have An Old (2011) IL-2 Cliff Of Dover Disk. If I Install It, Will It Update To The Current Version?
    You don't need Install the old disk - nothing good there, just log on your STEAM account - if don't have, create one, is free.

In STEAM interface click in
    + Add a game
    Choose "Activate a Product in STEAM..."
    Enter your IL-2 CloD DVD serial key.
    Await install, cross the fingers - just in case cross of your right foot too

After install finish, double click over IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz shortcut, close your eyes and wait 1/2 minutes.

Tcharammmmmm!

or :

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.84 MB

I use the same Logitech joy stick, and works for me. But I am sure there are better for a price. Try this and see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    50.51 MB

I also used the Logitech Extreme 3D for almost 3 years. I recently switched to the Thrustmaster 16000 but it wasn't because of any major issues with the Logitech stick. I just thought I was due for a slight upgrade

I noticed that the Logitech stick shows a bit more jitter in sims like DCS (I think mainly because the animation of the stick movement in the cockpit in DCS has a higher "resolution", so to speak), but it has never given me such issues in flight in CLOD.
    System Specs || CPU: Intel i5-4690k 3.5 GHz Quad-core / GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB x 2 / SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB and PNY 240GB / OS: Windows 10 Pro
    Flight Equipment || Stick: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / Throttle: CH Pro Throttle / Pedals: MFG Crosswind / View: Track IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    383.91 MB

Welcome to the community!

To install it just use the serial key in Steam as 1lokos described.

The Logitech gets the job done (but that's about it.) I had one for 3 or 4 years but I upgraded to a Defender Cobra M5 (bit of a rare stick, don't know if you can get it anymore) and man was it worth it.

For a relatively cheap price the Thrustmater T16000 is pretty good - much better sensors than the Logitech but still pretty cheap.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    410.5 KB

Seeing That I Have A Blazing DL Speed Of 5Mb/sec, It Would Be Less Aggravating Just To Buy The Disk. Does A Disk Version Even Exist? If So, Where May One Obtain It?

Just For Kicks.....I Have A Microsoft FFB2 Stick...Never Left The Box....

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Thanks In Advance
    loo
    Hello, loocius.

Welcome to our skies.

I had that same joy. It worked fine.

Cheers

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

Hello to everyone.109s targeting in the game looks to the left.Is there a way to fix it.constantly with my head do i have to center.watch videos targeting does not shift.Should I correct it with track settings? otherwise I have another way.I will be very happy if you can help.have good lıfe.

11. Likes farley liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

ekoksk go into>Options>Controls> and bind a key or button to 'Lean to Gunsight'.

That should centre up your gunsight.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Vampire View Post
    ekoksk go into>Options>Controls> and bind a key or button to 'Lean to Gunsight'.

That should centre up your gunsight.

thank you so much

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    256.59 MB

hello everyone.I have Cliffs of Dover Blitz and sturmovik battle of stalingrad .I am very new in the simulator.2 days ago trackır 5 pro bought.but i'm having problems. Cliffs of Dover Blitz jumping too much in the center.I've tried with various settings for smoothing and sensitivity.but the same problem.with the same settings sturmovik battle of stalingrad i have no problems.I do not know can be a fine-tuning.because if there's a problem, it's gotta be both.I don't know what to do.I'm waiting for your help.treat yourself well

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.84 MB

I use the logitech exterem 3d pro and find it fine. I also run JoyStick Curves in the background and set the curves to significantly dampen the effect when near the center of stick movement.

So use care when setting the keys so that you have all you need quickly there. I don't use the hat. Set one of the side buttons for firing the gun because I found that when set to the trigger the plane jerked whenever I fired. Top 4 are , tab hatch, zoom in and out, and map. Side button is war emergency power. Side of base are fire all, fire machine guns only, RPM up and down, brakes, and bail out. These could be improved and may make some changes soon.

I would advise that you use TeamSpeak, adds a lot when able to communicate and visit.

Good luck,
    Damon