Thread: An Update On My Health- Good News!

Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

An Update On My Health- Good News!

Admins; If I am posting this in the wrong place, please move it to the appropriate place, I won't be offended in any way.

A little over a year ago, I posted a thank you note to TFS, and mentioned that I had just had brain surgery. This was to remove most of a glioblastoma from my right frontal lobe. The operation went very well, and 95-98% was removed. A few weeks later a fresh tumor grew up next to the location of the old one and had already matched it's size, about that of a golf ball. Radiation and chemo for some months followed, which stopped or slowed the growth for a while until it stopped working last summer. At that point my best chance of survival was to get included in a clinical trial using some new/experimental treatment. I was able to do so and started receiving infusions of an immunotherapy drug called Avastin last September.
    I was due for a second surgery in October, but it was cancelled at the last minute when it was noticed that the tumor mass showed "significant shrinkage" since starting Avastin, and that it made more sense to continue those treatments (every two weeks) with an MRI scan about every 2-3 months to monitor things. Those have continued to show further shrinkage, to the point where my latest MRI, done this Monday shows no detectable signs of active tumor growth, in other words no cancer!!
    The Docs tell me I might be what's called an "exceptional" or "super" responder, IOW one of a very small population of patients whose response to a treatment goes far beyond all expectations. My wife and family and I, as well as all my friends are so happy. The last year and a half have been a real emotional roller coaster, but this is about the best we could have hoped for.
    Again I want to thank everyone here for their kind words and encouragement. I just wanted everyone to know that I'm still here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    806.84 MB

Re: An Update On My Health- Good News!

So glad you are good, mate!!! Keep strong!!!

Cheers!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Murph, we are honoured that you posted this fantastic update here. You are truly an inspiration to us all.

Sincerest regards,

Snapper - on behalf of ATAG

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Glad to hear you are fighting back and things are going your way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Murph, thanks for sharing this fantastic news!

Great to hear. I can't imagine what you have been through.

Now you can let the good news sink in, take a deep breath, regroup and remember how sweet life can be.......

Good for you man.

All the best to you and your family.

Hope to see you here a lot more in the future.

Wow, great stuff!

"If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Yep. I remember you saying at the time.

Difficult to find words really.

I had a bit of a massive scare myself about 6 years back... two small children 8 and 4 years into that.. (they are slightly bigger children now!).. I had a lump on the side of my head. By my right temple. A visit to the doctors lead to an Utrasound appointment which was inconclusive and so lead to a full on MRI which was not "fully conclusive" which then lead to biopsy.... over maybe 18 months.

Nothing really in comparison but i get the basic gist of it.

My results eventually came back benign.

I got a "Not cool" scar that I never wanted... and the lump remans though in a much smaller form. Don't much care though !!

We had a take-away meal the evening I got the letter saying it was benign. About 3 hours later I cried into my chow mein. Just burst into tears.

My wife and daughters were awesome. And still are.

Welcome to still being on planet earth Murph !

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Great news Murph.

Thanks for your update.

The war is still on, so flight surgeons are looking at all manner of ways on getting pilots back into action.

Saw a guy who has kind of a potato head (check his UHD res avatar for proof) flying recently.

My advice, get squarred away because you are up sir!

Pattle

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Good to hear Murph and happy for you mate.

All the best to you and your family.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.15 GB

People like you are a Hero to us all!

You judge a man by the quality of his character and courage!
    You are top flight Mr!

Wishing you a continued speedy recovery!

Ps. Great dog-fight, glad to see you are still in there!

Ben.
    "What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over... the Battle of Britain is about to begin!"
    (Winston S. Churchill.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    447.92 MB

That really is great news.

I know from personal experience what a difficult time this must have been for you.

Wishing you and your family all the best!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

So...SO glad to read this wonderful news today! Thank you for sharing! I think you've made all our days! We are delighted your great courage has been rewarded!

Well done, =FI=Murph! Keep up the good work...and looking forward to seeing you in our skies soon! Salute!

12. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Great news Murph ….

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Great to hear that you are well now! Tell them that a virtual pilot it's not so easy to be shot down! Good luck mate I wish you the best for your future! Salute!!!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

15. Likes SD_MBen liked this post
    Ace
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    480.94 MB

Thank you all, everyone. Especially to those of you who seem to have been through similar experiences. One of my first thoughts was on the order of " What else do I want to do with the time, or the extra time, I've been given?" The next was something like "What more can I do for others, now that I have a second chance?"
    Don't wait for something like this to put things in perspective for you. I know HighSeas knows what I'm talking about. All the best, and thanks for everything, guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Would be good to have you among us again Murph <S>
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    634.51 MB

Continue to fight Murph, a positive attitude make like ten doctors.
    First come ,last left
    My rig : Win 10 pro 64 bit; Mb Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO ,I5 11400F @4,2GHz,gc,GIGABYTE RTX 3070 TI 8 Gb,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR4 ,SSD Transcend 240 Gb, Gigabyte G32QC ,VKB Gladiator Pro,MMJOY2 home made pedals and gas , TrackIR 5. Steam ID: YR-DAN

19. Likes ATAG_Vampire liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    598.45 MB

Amen and Amen =FI=Murph!

So so glad you're on the Mend! Thank you for sharing your encouraging news.

A true hero!

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

What a nice thing to read as another Spring is almost upon us.

My very best wishes to you and your family Murph.