Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird visuals since the update

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Weird visuals since the update

Hi all,

Just been on ATAG server for the first time since the update (Steamworks map) and I am getting the following strange visual effects when looking at the sun

This isn't happening in Single player. Danger Dogs seems fine also

I have emptied my cache, also tried spawning at a different airfield.

Could possibly be because of the low sun on this map, but I haven't had this issue before.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Re: Weird visuals since the update

Hi Laser.

I got the same visual effect when I looked down on Calais.

Clearing cache fixed the issue for me.

I know you tried that, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

"Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun, but mama that's where the fun is....."

A Sringsteen song, but always thought this version was great......
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

4. Likes thee_oddball, \Hawk/ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi Laser,

Try having Steam do an Integrity Check of your new installation. It may be a corrupted file. Be sure to delete the cache folder again before running Blitz again.

Fingers crossed.....

Snap

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

try this!
    in video options, reset everything to a default instead og custom settings. Save, close the game and then empty cache . Restart the game with the new settings and fire up one mission and check. If fine, enter your own personal video settings and start again and see if the problem is solved...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Cheers for the feedback.

I went back into the ATAG server about half an hour after posting the above, same map, and everything was fine.

Just flown a couple of sorties with no further issues.

Still interested to receive feedback in case this happens again.

Will take note of the fixes mentioned above.

Many thanks again

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

8. Likes farley, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Laser View Post
    Hi all,

Just been on ATAG server for the first time since the update (Steamworks map) and I am getting the following strange visual effects when looking at the sun

This isn't happening in Single player. Danger Dogs seems fine also

I have emptied my cache, also tried spawning at a different airfield.

Could possibly be because of the low sun on this map, but I haven't had this issue before.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
    here ya go Laser, a surefire solution https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell...7/dpcwcfxr703h
    “Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.” Friedrich Nietzsche.

Current rig: Ryzen 3600 ,16GB DDR4 3200 ram, 1TB Crucial NVMe, 500GB Samsung EVO, Seasonic platinum prime 750W, ASrock pro4, Vega56 VC, 2560x1440 144Hz Win10 64bit

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Hi all, I've also had some video issues just recently (like from yesterday). The game runs fine in single player but there is a yellow hue to visuals during in-game.
    The whole screen from inside and outside the cockpit is dominated by a yellowness which no matter how I configure the in-game video I can't get rid of it.
    Nothing else on my pc seems affected so I'm guessing my video card is OK and I've played with monitor settings but to no avail.
    Game Menu and Title screens are fine - just happens during playtime. Getting quite frustrated now :-(

Anyone seen this or any ideas?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    164.95 MB

Quote Originally Posted by dambuster617 View Post
    Hi all, I've also had some video issues just recently (like from yesterday). The game runs fine in single player but there is a yellow hue to visuals during in-game.
    The whole screen from inside and outside the cockpit is dominated by a yellowness which no matter how I configure the in-game video I can't get rid of it.
    Nothing else on my pc seems affected so I'm guessing my video card is OK and I've played with monitor settings but to no avail.
    Game Menu and Title screens are fine - just happens during playtime. Getting quite frustrated now :-(

Anyone seen this or any ideas?

Thanks
    Did you clear your cache folder before restarting the new version of CoD?

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Hi DRock - I'm sorry but I don't know how to clear cache

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

dambuster, just delete all of the files in the "shaders"-folder:

C:\Users\[yourusername]\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\shaders

14. Likes \Hawk/ liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Hi DUI-I found the shaders folder and deleted everything inside but when I ran the game again nothing has changed - still all yellow

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

O no. At least we know now that it is not a cache-issue.

Sadly, I am not the one to help to be able to support you with any advice. But do not give up hope, there will be someone to make Cliffs run nicely again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.58 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Laser View Post
    Cheers for the feedback.

I went back into the ATAG server about half an hour after posting the above, same map, and everything was fine.

Just flown a couple of sorties with no further issues.

Still interested to receive feedback in case this happens again.

Will take note of the fixes mentioned above.

Many thanks again

Glad to hear that it's not haunting you Laser, and appears to be a one off for you.
    "If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down"......

18. Likes ATAG_Laser liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hi DUI-I found the shaders folder and deleted everything inside but when I ran the game again nothing has changed - still all yellow
    Recommend you verify your installation through Steam... then delete cache file again... delete the entire folder.

If that does not solve your problem, then I have to ask if you are running a 3rd party video modification program?

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Hi Buzzsaw - Thanks for replying.
    I don't have any other video programs installed. I did a complete Windows 10 reset to cleanse my OS and installed the latest COD Blitz version from Steam yesterday. I have now uninstalled that version (downloaded from Steam yesterday) and deleted the 1C Softclub folder in documents. I'm now doing a fresh download and install from Steam which will hopefully address any corrupt files. This will take > 1 hour.
    Do I need to do any more to clean up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hi Buzzsaw - Thanks for replying.
    I don't have any other video programs installed. I did a complete Windows 10 reset to cleanse my OS and installed the latest COD Blitz version from Steam yesterday. I have now uninstalled that version (downloaded from Steam yesterday) and deleted the 1C Softclub folder in documents. I'm now doing a fresh download and install from Steam which will hopefully address any corrupt files. This will take > 1 hour.
    Do I need to do any more to clean up?
    You should not have to do a fresh install... verifying the install usually does the trick.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Already started the process - it wasn't clear to me looking at Steam as to how to do the verification so I "bit the bullet" and started over. Still got around 40 mins before it'll be complete.

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

So I completed the re-install with no issues but the yellow problem persists. When I put the plane in pause and go outside the cockpit I "looked" directly into the sun which was blinding. Almost everything wiped out. It's like I need to turn down the strength of the sun. Is there a config setting for sun strength?
    (I was running the stock quick mission over England in a hurricane)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

So I completed the re-install with no issues but the yellow problem persists. When I put the plane in pause and go outside the cockpit I "looked" directly into the sun which was blinding. Almost everything wiped out. It's like I need to turn down the strength of the sun. Is there a config setting for sun strength?
    Hello Dambuster

Can you please let us know the following:

- what version of the game you are running

- what your operating system is... including video card and version of the software for that card

- whether you are using any program which affects shaders, video, etc... including optional programs for the video card... did you adjust the video card preferences for appearance etc.?

- when you installed the game, did you uninstall first? Did you delete all of the game folders? (keep your config files)

- are you running the original CLIFFS OF DOVER game on your machine as well?

- does this 'yellow' shading appear in any other game you play?

Thanks

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

RESPONSES IN CAPS BELOW:

…..VERSION 4.54.0

- what your operating system is... including video card and version of the software for that card
    ......….WINDOWS 10 HOME, VERSION 1803 OS BUILD 17134.472, NO SEPARATE GRAPHICS CARD - SYSTEM USES ONBOARD/SHARED GRAPHICS INTEL CORE i5-4440 CPU @ 3.1GHZ WITH 8.00GB RAM

- whether you are using any program which affects shaders, video, etc... including optional programs for the video card... did you adjust the video card preferences for appearance etc.?
    …….. NO OTHER VIDEO PROGRAMS IN USE -NO HARDWARE CHANGES - I USED TO RUN BLITZ COMFORTABLY

- when you installed the game, did you uninstall first? Did you delete all of the game folders? (keep your config files)
    …. I DELETED THE 1C SOFTCLUB FOLDER IN USER/DOCUMENTS THEN UNINSTALLED THE GAME VIA STEAM COMMAND THEN RE-INSTALLED

.... NO

… NO OTHER GAMES INSTALLED SINCE WINDOWS 10 RESET ON 11th JAN

MY OBSERVATION DURING SINGLE PLAYER GAMEPLAY IS THE SUN SEEMS TO BE OVERPOWERINGLY BRIGHT - HENCE THE OVERALL YELLOW SHADE EFFECTS. GRAPHICS DETAILS ARE FINE - NEW TRACER EFFECTS AWESOME.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    23.07 MB

RESPONSES IN CAPS BELOW:

…..VERSION 4.54.0

......….WINDOWS 10 HOME, VERSION 1803 OS BUILD 17134.472, NO SEPARATE GRAPHICS CARD - SYSTEM USES ONBOARD/SHARED GRAPHICS INTEL CORE i5-4440 CPU @ 3.1GHZ WITH 8.00GB RAM

…….. NO OTHER VIDEO PROGRAMS IN USE -NO HARDWARE CHANGES - I USED TO RUN BLITZ COMFORTABLY

…. I DELETED THE 1C SOFTCLUB FOLDER IN USER/DOCUMENTS THEN UNINSTALLED THE GAME VIA STEAM COMMAND THEN RE-INSTALLED

.... NO

MY OBSERVATION DURING SINGLE PLAYER GAMEPLAY IS THE SUN SEEMS TO BE OVERPOWERINGLY BRIGHT - HENCE THE OVERALL YELLOW SHADE EFFECTS. GRAPHICS DETAILS ARE FINE - NEW TRACER EFFECTS AWESOME.

Thanks
    can you make screenshots/pictures with a cellphone and upload here??

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hello Dambuster

You have a lower end spec system... although it ran the game before, your system is just on the edge of usable.

Do you know the specs of your onboard video card? Who make it?

RESPONSES IN CAPS BELOW:

…..VERSION 4.54.0

.... NO

Thanks

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Hi Buzzsaw-the PC is an Acer Aspire XC-605 with Intel HD graphics

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hi Buzzsaw-the PC is an Acer Aspire XC-605 with Intel HD graphics
    What version of the Intel HD Graphics card is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

To me it looks very much like there is a adjustment on your part in the video card controller rendering software which is giving you this colouring and which you should be able to change.

Is there a control panel for the video card? Do you have the latest drivers for it?

Either that or the card itself is failing... but I don't think what you show is symptomatic of the typical type of image shown with a failure.

You say you had no issues with TF 4.53 before the update?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

It may be "reshade" if your running that (I know you said no other programs). I also had a colourisation issue until I turned Reshade off. Ill have to completely uninstall and reinstall it again. Perhaps you do to.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.92 GB

Graphics are intel HD graphics 4600. I did a driver check and the system has latest Intel drivers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    205.55 MB

Hello Dambuster! You may want to try an older version of your video card's drivers. Take a look at this thread:
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=30289 Perhaps reach out to R433009 and ask which ones worked for him? Sounds like you may be working with similar hardware. Good luck!
    Last edited by QB.Creep; Jan-13-2019 at 06:35.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast