Thread: Meyer's Special Day

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    933.02 MB

Meyer's Special Day

As he only told me 2 days ago, I thought it only right and proper to let everyone know that today is Mr and Mrs Meyers 35th wedding anniversary.

As well as being an excellent pilot, he is a genuinely nice bloke and a real credit to both 9./JG52 and the Cliffs of Dover flight sim.

So many congratulations to you both and I hope that you enjoy your special day together.

And if I may, I’ll finish with a quote borrowed from my own dearly beloved – a quote that I’ve heard countless times in the 2 short years that I’ve been flying..……‘and don’t think that you’re playing on that bloody computer all day either’

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Re: Meyer's Special Day

Hi Meyer

Many Congratulations to you and Mrs Myer . Kilo's bang on … you are a credit to your squad and the servers .

I hope Mrs Myer's as good at flying around the kitchen as you are in that 109 beastie of yours . Enjoy your day sir

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Many congratulations, on 35 years of marriage, to you and your wife Meyer.

I believe, depending on which list you look at, that is a Coral or Jade wedding anniversary.

45 years for me this year (Sapphire).

Have a great day mate and all the best.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    933.02 MB

I don't know why but the last bit of my post didn't appear so here we go. Apologies for that................

..……‘and don’t think that you’re playing on that bloody computer all day either’

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    933.02 MB

I give up. Didn't come out then either.

It was meant to read

Women. Flight sims. Store separately. I salute you Meyer. 35 years. Awesome mate.

69th kilo9

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by kilo 9 View Post
    ..……‘and don’t think that you’re playing on that bloody computer all day either’
    Oh no! Not you as well, Meyer? Us poor harangued pilots! What we have to go through to show a little support for wingmen!

My wife says exactly the same thing but it's more....'Are you going on that game again?' But 'there is always heavy emphasis on 'that game'....meaning....'so you're not staying down here and being sociable with your wife anymore??!!!'

Actually, there should be a special medal struck for Clod wives cos they do put up with a lot. My wife, if I'm honest, understands that this is 'my thing' and she is very supportive. So much so that when I'm 'on leave' I often try to take her with me for a nice trip....bit of a thank you...or maybe a bribe? Ha ha!

Huge congrats on the wedding anniversary, Meyer! 40 years for me this year and my wife and I are still laughing...mostly at me! No one (except quite a few Clod pilots) seems to go in for long marriages anymore so I think we can all give ourslves a pat on the back! Salute, JG52! A happily married man obviously makes an outstanding pilot!
    (Except in my case! Ha ha!) Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Congratulations, Meyer, on 35 years of wedded bliss.

As with Marlow, Mrs. Snapper and I have achieved 40 years together. My dear long-departed in-laws would never have guessed!

Mrs. Snapper is yet another of many spouses who fails to distinguish between an “authentically-accurate, cutting edge, historical combat flight simulation” and “just a stupid video game”. <sigh....>

Cheers!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Congratulations to Meyer and all the happily wedded Chaps on this board.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Happy Anniversary Meyer!! Congratulations

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Congrats Meyer. My wife and I have been married for 27.

Okay months, but my first effort felt like 35 let me tell ya!

Great fun and a privilege flying with and against you mate. Feel much safer covering your six, then trying to cover mine with you blokes in hot pursuit - like this morning .

Please pass on congrats to Mrs Meyer from our community. We appreciate the leave passes she hands out for you.

Cheers,

Pattle

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Thanks fellas thats very kind of you all. 35 years who would have thought it, yes Mrs. Meyer is very understanding and patient with me and my hobbies . But i do let her drive the Staffel Kubelwagon around the aerodrome which keeps her happy .
    Anyway thanks again fellas these posts just confirm my belief in the maturity and comradeship in this community.

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

I gratulations are in order.
    I met my wife September 1990 and we married September 2000
    My experience is that we have it better together now than before, hope it is the same with you

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1,002.26 MB

Glückwünsche mein Herr! Horrido!!!
    Visit the Robert Mölders Facebook Group ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    Visit the Robert Mölders YouTube Channel ( Left-click on the red link on the left to open the relative page! )
    *Important Note: You can also open the Robert Mölders Facebook Group page by clicking directly on my signature image

My PC specs
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit ~ Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz 8MB Cache Quad core
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING Motherboard, Socket 1151 ATX, Dual M.2, USB 3.1 Type-C ~ MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X 11G Graphic Card PCIE 3.0, 11 GB, GDDR5X 352 bit, 11.01 GHz, 1569 MHz
    Samsung MZ-V6E250BW SSD 960 EVO, 250 GB, M.2, NVMe ~ Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB 64MB Cache, WD20EZRZ (64MB Cache) ~ Enermax Liqmax II 240 (ELC-LMR240S-BS)
    Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX RAM 16 GB, 2x8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, CL15 ~ EVGA SuperNOVA GQ PSU 750W ~ NZXT CA-N450W-M1 Case for Gaming PC, Black
    LG 49UK6200PLA TV 49" 4K UltraHD, IPS Display, 4096 x 2160, Active HDR, Multitasking ~ LG 27UD68P Monitor 27" 4K UltraHD LED IPS, 3840 x 2160, AMD FreeSync, Multitasking
    Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick ~ Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle ~ Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals