Thread: IL2 Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

IL2 Flying Circus

So I've been playing flying circus today

I set up all the key bindings... and then discovred I can access the new planes from my existing BoS install... and vice versa...... but now have different key binding setups depending on which icon I launch from. Bit weird !!

The VR head set is very hard to set a centre. every other game I have you click reset... and its done... centred where your head should be.

In this there appear to be a raft of additional head repositioning asignments... and frankly it's a confusing mess... no in game instructions and I found no online help either with that...

I finally got it sorted (I think)... but cannot recal how now... its far from obvious !

Flight wise?... i had a lot of fun. espectiall low level along some windy river... really great !

The flight models though seem very arcady copmpared to cliffs... I can't really say why though... and I definily had a lot of fun... Its different. somehow not as convincing. and i really am struggliong to come up with any reason why that is the case.

Is it worth the money?

I think it's a bit overpriced actually. Not as way overpriced as DCS modules... but even so...

Hopefully when they make a map for it that isnt just the standard BoS grass and not much else it might get a bit more interesting.

Anyone else here messed about in this in VR? Be very interested to hear how anyone else is getting along with that, particularly with getting the headset to recentre in the right place,

Quite like the Sopwith Dolpin.

Its rubbish on the water though...

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: IL2 Flying Circus

Well that was an evening in VR that had my head spinning. amazing !

i still think the flight mopdels are a bit scuffey....

but wow !!

flew a piut donw a rivber.,.. and it kicked up a load of water onto the screen...

pulled a manourver that made the pilot have a heart attack i think..... he went all heavy breathing and just pretty much gave up on life then and there...

anyone who has flown on my wing on a Tour will know the feeling (Yo-the-guy springs to mind !)... Vamps is more carefull... he tends to give it a few hundred yards...

Anyway...

amazing !! really loving the WW1 planes. Loving the VR for sure !... the DCS spit has this one whooped graphically... but so what ?! the more the merrier !

Current loves:

#3 DCS - for recreational Helicopters.. and its awesome spit...

#2 BoX - Suddenly again after years of very little intrerest from me for its... WW1 and Spitfire IN VR !!! honestly... i was lookinmg for Rise of Flight mk2... but after messing about for a bit it just seemed like a no brainer not to grab bodenplatt as well .... im really hooked into VR now.

#1 Cliffs of Dover - Cos its flippin awesome !! The top two are a massibve VR fix... and WOW !!! but Cliffs... idunno... its just got some serious magic. I want VR in cliffs... muchley... but hell... it packs a serious punch as it is... what a game !

oh and also Project Cars 2 ansd Dirt Rally both in VR (#1 and #2 in racing sims)

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

3. Likes ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Project Cars 2 in VR?

Bonkers

5. Likes farley liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Dawn patrol in Flying Circus.

I think Flying Circus is the best VR experience of the lot at the moment.

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Dingo, farley liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

9. Likes farley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

I love this sim on VR. Didnt have any issues setting VR up in there. I fly in the Flanders in Flames server during their FIF event. Excellent flight sim for fun, flying "old school"
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY