Thread: Buttkicker

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Buttkicker

Hi all,

Anyone using a Buttkicker or similar for flight simming?

Keen to add to my sim pit wishlist, but finding bigger all on the net about people using them in combat sims.

Cheers,

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Re: Buttkicker

Had something similar once, made me sick in the guts after a while.
    Didn’t even give it away, just threw it in the bin LOL.
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    277.05 MB

Am using this thing: http://shop.rightthing.nl/en/bass-sh...r-6680009.html

Input comes from the bass speaker of my logitech 5.1 set, it feeds an amplifier that outputs to the shaker.

The speaker itself is mounted in/on an entirely wooden chair that I designed and built myself. Gives a nice rumble, engine sounds, guns, bombs, everything in the low ranges of sound... It does add something to the immersion.
    (Every now and then it produces loud rattling sounds, when ever the thing has shaken itself loose and I need to tighten some nuts and bolts.)

4. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    184.7 KB

Yes I have still to finalise the set up as I have a Rift and a USB headset and use the onboard sound to supply the BK. I am using Voicemeeter Banana https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm but it is a bit hard to get my head around how to get it working properly. It does certainly add to the experience as I can feel the hits as I am being shot down.

6. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Manual Creation Group ATAG_Vampire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.88 MB

Thought you might be interested in this video Pat.

The chap in the video says he set his 'Buttkicker' system up for about £50 GBP.

I am sure a practical man like you could do something similar. Beats lashing out £190 for one off Amazon.

"A nation that forgets its past has no future." - Winston Churchill

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quard -Core Processor, Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA ATX LGA1151, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR4- 3000
    Video Card:ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080ti 11GB OS: Windows 10 Pro

Joystick: Virpil T50 Base with T50 Mongoose stick Throttle: Virpil T50 VPC HOTAS Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Ultawide Rudder Pedals: Slaw Device RF DORA

8. Likes ATAG_Highseas, ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I use Buttkicker Gamer and recommend it.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

I purchased the buttkicker and found it required exactly the right type of chair to work properly... otherwise the chair vibrated noisily and you can actually have the chair fall apart and lose pieces. Requires a centrally situated metal seat post to work properly.

Basically it works like Force Feedback... it can run off the sounds of the game or off the force feedback portal... so whatever you would feel through a force feedback joystick you get transmitted through the chair you are sitting on.

Most of the time using the sounds as the source is not as good... because the engine sounds tend to overshadow everything else... even using FFB as the source needs tuning.

Bit of a curiousity... but if properly set up can give you a bit of the feel of what it might be like to sit in an aircraft... but also can be annoying after a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

rise post!!!

just bought one of those bass shakers and a amplifier https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/32975...6774b90aMWRUKy

arrives soon, now the question, they have those software that works with telemetry from the game (guns, engine, hits) but no support for tobruk, anyway we can add a whislist for this game to be compatible? il2 works ok https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...or-il-2-users/

since i only play this game, please, make it compatible!
    PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

VR: REVERB g2 2160x2160 per eye
    Nvidia driver version: 536.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
    rise post!!!

just bought one of those bass shakers and a amplifier https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/32975...6774b90aMWRUKy

arrives soon, now the question, they have those software that works with telemetry from the game (guns, engine, hits) but no support for tobruk, anyway we can add a whislist for this game to be compatible? il2 works ok https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...or-il-2-users/

since i only play this game, please, make it compatible!
    Compatibility is not an issue with ButtKicker since it only responds to bass sound input to the BK amplifier. You can tweak the sensitivity somewhat but basically, it will vibrate your chair with any sound source that's low frequency enough.
    Last edited by Baffin; Aug-02-2021 at 13:25.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

i mean, to step up the game and make the game work on a vast type of vibrations
    PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Have used buttkickers for past 4 years on my obutto chair. They work great and really add to the immersion. Had to stop using them for a while because I lived in an apartment building in Korea and got lots of complaints about the racket from the folks in the apt below. Now I'm back home and can crank it up again.
    I have two of them one gamer mounted to the stick platform and an LFE attached to the rear of the chair.

skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_SKUD View Post
    Have used buttkickers for past 4 years on my obutto chair. They work great and really add to the immersion. Had to stop using them for a while because I lived in an apartment building in Korea and got lots of complaints about the racket from the folks in the apt below. Now I'm back home and can crank it up again.
    I have two of them one gamer mounted to the stick platform and an LFE attached to the rear of the chair.

skud
    pics! let me see how it is, need some ideas on where is better, gonna try to attach to the chair itself.

waiting for amplifier to finish the setup

799f1c93-db14-485a-8db1-92fd9700cfbd.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

guys, my amp arrived, BUT, i don't feel like a hurricane simulator, just like a sit on my phone and is ringing, i bought the wrong amp? *low or is something that i am missing

Whats-App-Image-2021-08-05-at-1-34-23-PM.jpg amplifier specs
    Whats-App-Image-2021-08-05-at-1-14-44-PM.jpg
    Whats-App-Image-2021-08-05-at-2-27-36-PM.jpg

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

Hi, is there any way you can connect the amp to normal speakers to check you are getting a good source signal in, and therefore out to the speakers? 50w is LOUD through decent normal speakers. Also, maybe you need to increase the bass on the source with an equalizer? I use a software one on the PC - Voicemeeter Banana - with my Buttkicker and it has an equalizer so you can shape the vibrations to suit the source audio. Also, have you connected the shaker to L R rather than both? Connecting both should drive the shaker harder (unless your source audio bass frequencies are not central in the stereo field - they usually are).

The best bass frequencies to boost are those below 200 hertz, I find especially around 50-100 hertz gives the best thump on the buttkicker.

Final thing to check is that your shaker is well anchored to what it is supposed to shake and that what it is connected to actually conducts vibrations rather than absorbing them.

You probably know all that already but maybe it helps a bit.

Regards,

M

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

The problem with using the normal left and right speaker cables as BK2 sources is that I had to increase the volume greatly in order to activate the BK2 system. I solved this by running all my sound through a SONY Surround sound Amp, then using the subwoofer output as BK source. It requires tweaking the controls on both the BK Amp and the SONY to get it right.

I have isolated game sounds to the surround sound Amp and listen to them through speakers. I use the mainboard Realtek sound outputs for communications sound with earbuds. Everything is then separately adjustable.

I use optic cable to input computer sound to the SONY Amp but HDMI will also work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

i think the problem was my expectations haha, i try more today and i think is already good imersion, the problem now is that i want another one for my pedals haha

now probably i can't play in another pc, no vibrations no fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

just find out something here in my test. check it out
    using a zk502h amplifier https://www.amazon.com/UWAYKEY-Bluet.../dp/B08L38Z841
    and a 24v4a power supply

why when i remove my headset plug i get the real vibrations? what do i need to get normal sounds out of my bass?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Just thinking out loud here, I can see two possibilities:

A) Because of the splitter, the headset is in parallel with the buttkicker so it might be filtering out lows.
    Code:
    To solve this you need a bandpass splitter but a simpler solution might be trying another headset to see if it behaves the same.
    B) It might be a short because of the jack.
    Code:
    There are 3 types of jacks:
    1.- Mono (haven't seen one in a while except on guitars)
    2.- Stereo
    3.- Stereo + microphone

If the output or the splitter are #3 and you plug in a #2 jack, some of the metal will short the microphone to ground.

22. Likes Lorena liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

wow, just did a few tests here
    turns out, i had my jack plugged on the "wrong" jack for years, the pattern that i was using was for 5.1 ""Line Out"
    just changed to headphone jack and BOOOOOMMMM
    for reference i am using a Creative® Sound Core 3D chip, Support for Sound Blaster Recon3Di software

thanks ATAG_Colander ! you just opened my eyes and now my ears (and let's stop here) haha
    now even my regular sound is twice better

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Glad it was a simple solution. Now go and get your ass kicked!

25. Likes Lorena liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    7.60 MB

I use a pair of transducers that are similar to the bass shakers. They were meant to mount on a wall and make the wall a "speaker". 90's tech. . My sim seat is an auto power bucket seat. One transducer on the back, one under. On the stand my seat is mounted on we have an old PC power supply that supplies 12 volts to the seat( it moves back and forth and reclines just as it would in a auto) and also a car audio power amp meant for subs. It has a crossover built in the amp. I cross over really low, 60 to 80 hz. I just split the signal coming from the speaker out of my PC into the power amp. It combines the stereo input to mono for the transducers. I tried the rear speaker out but the front split worked better. I usually only use my headset when I fly and have the low end from the amp vibrating my seat. Engine and gun sounds you can really feel.
    i5-12600K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z690 MB, 64 GB Kingston Fury DDR4-3200, Asus RTX 4070 OC, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, 43 inch Vizio V435M-K04 G-Sync Compatible 4K TV @ 3480 X 2160, CH HOTAS, Fighter Stick, CH Yoke, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, Oculus Quest 2 VR

27. Likes Baffin liked this post