Could it be overheating?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Game crashes sometimes when spawning

Quote Originally Posted by DD_FT View Post
    Could it be overheating?
    I don't think so.
    I'll run my monitoring SW (CAM v3.7.1) in parallel and next crash I'll check the temperatures.

Here is the snapshot at rest (i.e. now with CLOD not running):

2019-04-19_214411.jpg2019-04-19_214811.jpg

EDIT: here are a few snapshots I took during 3 hours this evening on DD server. Nothing seems to overheat. Also CLOD did not crash during these 3 hours.
    Go figure...

Monitor snapshots.zip
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Apr-19-2019 at 17:46.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

3. Likes DD_FT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Check with listed programs (Lower left desktop Windows Icon) under Thrustmaster for a "Firmware updater" link. Run it and be sure to select both stick and throttle controllers in turn. Also be sure to update your TM drivers. Good luck.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Are you starting CloD from within Steam or from a desktop icon and have you verified your CloD files via steam?

Also, have you made any changes to your ingame .ini files manually ,based on “recommendations”
    https://imgur.com/VCUiXpY

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Sp00k View Post
    Are you starting CloD from within Steam or from a desktop icon and have you verified your CloD files via steam?

Also, have you made any changes to your ingame .ini files manually ,based on “recommendations”

Are you starting CloD from within Steam or from a desktop icon: Steam

Have you verified your CloD files via steam?: yes

Also, have you made any changes to your ingame .ini files manually ,based on “recommendations”: nope
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Baffin View Post
    Check with listed programs (Lower left desktop Windows Icon) under Thrustmaster for a "Firmware updater" link. Run it and be sure to select both stick and throttle controllers in turn. Also be sure to update your TM drivers. Good luck.
    As mentioned I did not install any Thrustmaster software. Just plugged the devices in. They were recognized by Windows 10 who set the drivers for me. Then I map them through the CLOD controls config menus.

2019-04-20_005037.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Well we have ruled out the usual suspects it appears. That leave us with Spock. He says:

“If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth”

So, my next suspect in-line is steam itself. I don’t start my games in steam and the cries of those who do still ring loudly in my ears even while defending its virtues.

Have you tried starting the game outside of steam from the desktop icon?

Also just for clarity’s sake despite your protestations of its innocence due to the crashes starting before, your not currently running reshade are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

[…]

Have you tried starting the game outside of steam from the desktop icon?

Also just for clarity’s sake despite your protestations of its innocence due to the crashes starting before, your not currently running reshade are you?
    No. Wilco and report if that changes anything (or not).

Yes. An older version that seems to be stable with others. Installed this week, while crashes started several weeks ago.
    Followed these steps: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post331424

EDIT: OK, launched CLoD from the desktop icon. Played in MP mode for a while, then switched to SP mode, and had the crash while starting one of the missions (free flight over France). It happened when I selected the plane to change type. Game froze for a few seconds before exiting. Went back in and could do what I was doing before without problem. Strange...
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Apr-20-2019 at 08:36.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

That leave us with Spock. He says:

“If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth”
    To Spock: logically, the combination of two (or more) impossibles can make a possible...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Noofy View Post
    As mentioned I did not install any Thrustmaster software. Just plugged the devices in. They were recognized by Windows 10 who set the drivers for me. Then I map them through the CLOD controls config menus.

2019-04-20_005037.jpg
    Thrustmaster firmware updates requires you to download and install Thrustmaster software. Be sure to select the "
    Drivers - Package 2019_TFHT_1 + Firmware" driver package. It's simple at:

https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/...-fcs-hotas-en/

As far as I know, Windows will only find an acceptable generic driver to get you started. Upgrading the firmware corrected the major problems I was experiencing on TM controllers. Installing the drivers and other software will open a new world of control options. It's a shame to allow Windows to limit such a nice piece of controller hardware.
    Last edited by Baffin; Apr-20-2019 at 09:07.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I just noticed "ReShade" on your new list of tricks. This overlay program is notorious for causing problems with CLoD. I gave up, uninstalled it, and started using Nvidia control panel settings a couple of years ago with great success. ReShade will interact with other "Overlay" utilities, making it very difficult to troubleshoot independently.
    Last edited by Baffin; Apr-20-2019 at 09:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

I just noticed "ReShade" on your new list of tricks. This overlay program is notorious for causing problems with CLoD. I gave up, uninstalled it, and started using Nvidia control panel settings a couple of years ago with great success. ReShade will interact with other "Overlay" utilities, making it very difficult to troubleshoot independently.
    How do I uninstall reshade?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

It's been so long... Please check the ReShade thread. I seem to remember something about simply removing a DLL?

15. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

It's been so long... Please check the ReShade thread. I seem to remember something about simply removing a DLL?

Thank Baffin. Checked the forum and found this:

"2/ How to unistall? Just remove from CoD folder reshade-shaders and files ilcod_yoyo, dxgi, dxgi.dll ."

Will see if that changes anything, but again Reshade does not seem related at all to my issues...

17. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    365.25 MB

Check also that you don’t have any of those files in the other CloD folder (steam and my docs?)

19. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12